!HD Website Photos Coming Soon!
More info on the PVC itself: myfigurecollection.net/item/22…
Had a really hard time with this project due to a few things:
1) Never repainted a PVC aside from experimental purposes on my own cheaper PVC models.
2) The kits piece separation was a pain, had to use cutting tools to wedge the glue out of socket while carefully heating pieces to loosen the adhesive.
3) No eye sockets were sculpted on this figure, so had to repaint the eyes several times, so I hope it looks ok ;_;
4) Adachi is notorious for his peg snapping off, needed to give him new support but under base is hollow.
So the main things we did with this project was the following:
1) Color scheme of velvet room but his hair is slightly darker than just silver / white.
2) Gun color is modded into a custom rose gold with washes (not my forte but I tried, haha.
3) Gave him some shading in his skin tone, compared to the pvc having yellowish skin o_o;
4) Dark Blue under shirt and dress pants with black pastel shading, sealed in satin finish as requested.
5) Shoes painted in a dark grey and pastel shaded with darker tones, sealed with gloss finish.
6) Jacket painted with a bright true blue, airbrushed parger areas with a darker shade, then the remainder, pastel shaded the creases. Sealed with Matt to satin finish. Buttons painted with Enamel gold.
7) Undershirt and dress pants painted in a custom mixed dark blue (since I prefer darker colors than using plane black unless it was requested) to still give him some color, pastel shaded creases with black. Satin sealed shirt and pants as requested. Buttons painted in gold enamel.
8) Base was re-purposed from original model. Adachi is notorious for his peg breaking off, so I did repair a secondary Adachi with a screw attachment through the base and through his foot. Given the design of the base, the peg insert doesn't extend under the base, the peg only lies on top of the base which is silly...
8 continued) Anyway, re-purposed the base, sanded the rough edge where the peg broke so it was a flat surface. Flipped the base over and filled it with resin, to give Adachi some new better support and a heavier base weight. Adachi now has two metal pin pegs for support. Base is hand painted with an intricate butterfly design and gradients as requested.