I have been tagged by deng-li-xin32
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 facts about themselves
3. Answer the 10 questions that have been asked by the person who tagged you, and make up 10 questions for the 10 people you tag.
4. Choose 10 people and get their icon in your journal
10 Facts About Me:
1. I have worked professionally for 35 years as an architectural designer, although in my heart I’ve always wanted a career as an artist/illustrator.
2. I have sung back up for Celine Dion… although it was with the entire chorus of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Chorus during the Centennial Olympics in Atlanta.
3. I have 2 Grammies… official paper certificates…again for work as a tenor in the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Chorus.
4. My wife and I adopted our three beautiful and wonderful children from Vietnam, each when they were six months old.
5. We traveled to Vietnam 4 times during the adoption process, and lived in Ho Chi Minh City for a month during the last trip waiting for approval to immigrate our children back to the US.
6. My British ancestors were colonists in Jamestown in the 1600’s.
7. I have a thing for Orion and the sun and moon were over his shoulder when I was born. I have a thing for the thinnest crescent moon I can see and there was a total eclipse later in the day I was born.
8. I was born on the 8th at 8am and weighed 8lbs 8oz and was the 8th grandchild in my father’s family.
9. I have never lived further than an hour and a half from where I was born, but I have traveled to (or through) Canada, England, Scotland, Wales, Paris, all of Italy, Vienna, Salzburg, Prague, all of southern Spain, Seoul*, Tapei*, Hong Kong*, Bangkok* (*layovers), all of Viet Nam, all over the US.
10. I’m still married to my first wife.
My Questions from deng-li-xin32
1. What do you prefer: homecooked or eathing out? Really depends on my mood… but probably eating out… in different environments and different cities… like the piazza in front of the Pantheon in Rome!!!
2. What book / movie / TV show has influenced you most? Book: Lord of the Rings or Wheel of Time, Movie: too many… here’s my current top 10:
Ten Commandments – DeMille 1956
Lion in Winter (Kate Hepburn)
Prince of Egypt (Dreamworks)
Fellowship of the Ring
Silence of the Lambs
King Kong (Peter Jackson Version)
TV Show: Lost (this was the first show that I just could NOT miss weekly!)
3. What would you never buy second-hand even if you were low on funds? LOL… my first house was a 1927 bungalow, but my OCD kicked in a couple of years before we sold it, and I’ve built every other house I’ve lived in. I’d never have a second hand toilet again. )
4. What skill would you most like to learn? In another life I would love to be a composer and orchestrate film scores. I’d also like to learn to paint in oils.
5. Is there any movie you regret watching? Hmmm… I’m curious and can watch a lot of types of film…although I hate worrying about whether my companions hate a film. That said, slapstick comedy is typically a waste of my time…except for a few comedians I like. I prefer poignant or epic films.
6. If you could have a conversation with the Pope, what question would you like to ask him? Which verses, if any, do you consider metaphoric or satiric in nature?
7. How old were you the first time you travelled by plane? College… to NYC.
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? Germany for my own castle tour and to see Aachen… Istanbul for the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque… Israel to see the land of my spiritual roots… Egypt for the Pyramids and Luxor… and if I could be helicoptered in, the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort. (Sorry India… I have extreme OCD… LOL)
9. What animal could you not bear to be in the same room with? Oooh… most animals are so interesting…though I’d have to be behind glass with a lot of them… not overly fond of spiders, though.
10. You are in the jungle... Before you, a jaguar. Above you in the trees, a rabid angry monkey. To your left, an alligator. To your right, a giant snake. Behind you, a broad river full of piranhas. You have one shot in your pistol. What do you do? Saw the answer… so instead, I’ll answer a couple of Rogue Ranger’s Questions: What do you like most about yourself? My creative mind. What do you like least about yourself? That I’m very normal instead of strikingly beautiful… because I love great beauty in everything… be it architecture, sculpture, music, art, graphics, textures, people. But then again… maybe that’s why I’m so attracted to beauty. LOL
Here are my questions for my tagged people:
1. Who is your favorite artist? Why?
2. Live in the mountains and visit the beach or live at the beach and visit the mountains? Or someplace else?
3. Is it ok to eat breakfast for supper?
4. Ideal home? Modernist, Traditionalist, Historic/Antique, Hippie/Tiny Home/ Green, or some mix?
5. If you could name the next wonder of the world, what would it be?
6. Optimist, Pessimist, Realist, Idealist, Cynic, other?
7. What is your greatest talent?
8. What superhero or historic person would you want to be?
9. Top item on your bucket list.
10. What is your favorite season and why? What is your favorite holiday and why?