4 Recent Deviations
Featured: Mami Tomoe o1
|More Journal Entries|
This Devgroup is open to cosplayers and cosplay photographers who reside on the East Coast of the US and Canada (plus Ontario -while not "coastal" it has a strong cosplay presence & I love you guys, so there). If your state or province borders the Atlantic Ocean on its eastern seaboard, then you're East Coast.
If we cannot tell by your pictures or your profile where you are from, then we will reject your request into the group. We would like to keep this group specifically to East Coast cosplayers, and we check profiles in order to do so.
About Submissions and Suggestions
- Members are limited to 5 deviations per week. Please don't submit your entire gallery. We're interested in helping you share your best work.
- Submit the best quality photos that you can. We know not everyone owns a pimpin' DSLR camera but good photos can come from point-n-shoot cameras too. Taking good, clear photos with nice lighting can be accomplished with a little practice.
- Remember that pictures with characters from different series go to the "Crossover" folder
- Remember that any wig styling photos such as yourself + wig or WIP pictures go to the "Progress Shots " folder.
- Keep your cosplay as the focus of each photo. We understand that not everyone has a photographer or the opportunity to do photoshoots but we strongly encourage you to find a background that does not have extraneous details (stuff in your room, open closets etc.) unless they are relevant to the character/series (train/metro stations, forests etc).
- Submit a variety of images (angles, poses, etc.) that show your costume. Photos must have your costume shown in some way.
- Be sure you have the rights to post/distribute said image. You must be the cosplayer in the photo or the photographer who took the photo. Please note that only one of you may submit the image to this group.
- Submit myspace-style photos, super grainy, low quality, badly-lit, dark, and/or blurred images. If you added any effects, be sure to control them before hitting "Submit".
- Submit closet cosplay pics (re: items you put together from your closet to create a costume)
- Submit "convention" photos with random people in the background. Remember you can easily have your photos taken in spaces without people in the background or in front of blank walls.
- Submit more than 5 deviations of the same costume. Please pick your favorite/best shots. The photos you submit should make viewers want to check out the rest of your gallery but if you submit "everything" they won't bother.
- Submit photos that have been heavily/overly processed and lose the costume as a focus as a result. Obvious shoops will be rejected.
Please submit your deviations into the correct folder or your submission will be denied and you will have to resubmit it.
Please be aware that we have implemented a rule called "Three Strikes and You're Out". Please go here to learn more about the rule and how it works.
Sub-gallery Directory & Definitions
- Animanga: Cosplays from anime or manga
- Comics (non-Japanese): Cosplays from Western comics, webcomics etc.
- Cross Overs and Crack Shots: OOC pictures or that feature multiple categories (ie. a video game and an anime).
- Film and Media: Cosplays from films of any genre, media such as TV, music videos, etc.
- Literary Characters: You've read the book, now you can showcase your costume. We don't discriminate about the type of book (kids, YA, whatever)
- Progress Shots: Anything in progress you want to share. This is the only place for "unfinished" photos!
- Tutorials: Any tutorials you have created and want to share with the cosplay community
- Video Game: Cosplays from video games. This also includes Vocaloid
If you stumbled across something you didn't personally make but still want to share, use Suggest a Fav so we can add it!
- To suggest a fav, click "Suggest a Fave" on the group homepage.
- To submit a picture, click "Contribute Art" Choose an appropriate folder for your image, and hit submit! All entries are subject to moderator approval.
If you don't have images to contribute or you're not from the East Coast
We kindly invite you to Devwatch our group so you can see all the submissions without worrying about contributing!