Yeah yeah... not dead, posting on DA... OMGWTF, the usual schtick.
So I went and got mahself tagged in a meme...
And, as it's Saturday at like 7:13 pm and I'm at work - which sucks - and I'm buzzing on about 3 different forms of caffiene to try and stay productive, but the energy level is flagging severely...
Tagged by sandeyes13 (fuck, I can't remember how to link an ID!)
1. Post these rules.
2. Post 8 facts about your character.
3. Tag 8 other characters.
4. Post their names with the creators avatars.
5. YOU CAN TOTALLY TAG ME BACK but like...that's a wee bit silly 8D
1. Vari was originally supposed to be a copper dun. Had him all planned out that way and everything. But there's this line in my all time favorite short story ("Slow Sculpture" by Theodore Sturgeon): "The land smelled of late summer and wind: bronze, it smelled bronze." And it's always evoked this very vivid mental association, so I knew that Vari needed to be bronze instead of copper.
2. Vari was originally intended to be a healer. But when I first posted him at the Vale, there was this other player there who mentioned the their character - a certain red & yellow maned, orange mare - was also a healer. *Snicker* So, I didn't want to step on any toes and that fact sort of dropped off the map. LOL
3. I know that a-lot of people know this, but I'm sure many of the 'newbies' don't: Vari was originally a mute. He lost his voice after nearly drowning in a flash flood on the plains. Years later, after he and Dace made it to the Vale, Scylla 'healed' him.
4. Vari's got a jealous streak. He tries to hide it, because c'mon - he's married to a healer who spends the majority of her time with others - but, certain stallions just push his buttons. Anyone from Scylla's past definitely ruffles his fur.
5. Vari's name was just something I made up kind of randomly.
6. Not necessarily about the character himself, but the very first piece of digital painting I ever tried to do was of Vari.
7. Vari has existed in several incarnations. He showed up as himself in unicorn form (or an AU version, LOL) at least one other place, and as a Centaur, and there was even a humanized version of him.
8. Vari never thought he'd ever meet anyone who could look past his inability to speak, so he never really had any thoughts about meeting his mate or settling down. He's still sometimes rather shocked at how wrong he was!
Um, I think that anyone I'd tag has already been tagged... If you haven't been tagged, consider yourselves tagged. (If you want me to pick a character of yours - just comment and I shall!)