1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
Since 2002, I believe, beginning under my original username FallenAngel77.
2. What does your username mean?
Dualmask has many meanings. It was originally the name of an enemy in a Final Fantasy game I took a liking to, and used it as one of my character’s names when I was a teenager. When I was looking to replace my first username (where was that name change feature back then? Sigh), the name stuck because it sounded cool to me. I consider Dualmask my mascot, my logo, and the symbol of being forever torn between darkness and light.
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Brilliant but lazy.
4. Are you left or right handed?
5. What was your first deviation?
I dug into the depths for this one…man, I sucked back then. This isn’t the first deviation I ever posted (I deleted it but I’m pretty sure it was an image of my OC Nia) but this is the oldest one I had available: a collaboration/art trade with the incredible from WAY back in the day.
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
I want to say “sexy girl pinups” because that’s what comprises most of my gallery, but lately I’ve been losing interest in that, focusing instead on making animated game sprites.
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Digital sculpting (Sculptris/ZBrush etc.). I’ve always wanted to be able to turn my characters into physical figurines/miniatures.
8. What was your first favourite?
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Images of idealized, beautiful women, be they painted, cartoon-like, photographed, pencil drawn or whatever; that’s what catches my eye.
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
Pencil and paper to start, and anything digital to finish; right now I make almost all my art on my Surface Pro using Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro and Manga Studio.
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
I create best, strangely enough, in my workplace. I have a lot of time to create art at my work desk without the pressures of giving attention to my young children or household responsibilities.
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
The one and only time I posted an image that made the front page. I remember being shocked at how much attention one drawing of mine was getting in a span of minutes instead of the usual hours/days…
- Listening to: Sound Shapes
- Reading: Learning Construct 2
- Watching: Blood Blockade Battlefront
- Playing: Tales of Hearts R
- Eating: Pretzels
- Drinking: Coffee