(Notes: My second to last gem for the food court, and I freaking love this little gorgeous alcohol bab! I adopted him from and his design couldn’t be more perfect. I only fixed up his lower half a tiny bit )
Name: Cognac Enstatite / Coggy, Drunky, Ensta, Shaggy, (only lets close friends call him that)
Food: Cognac Alcohol
Rank: Customer (mixologist in spare time)
Court Age: Old
Personality: Cognac is a charming, flirty Gem who isn’t afraid to approach those he finds attractive and start talking them up. He may come off as a bit lazy, flirtatious and a tiny bit rude at times, but he’s a big softie deep down.
If you were to see him and say hi, he’d say hi back and most likely give you his trademarked ‘Cognac grin’ and do the little finger guns at you. He’s a dorky flirt who loves to meet new gems and all that. He’s a bit secretive about his past on Homeworld, and why he fled to the Food Court when it was still young.
Not even when drunk could he possibly say more. He may act sometimes like he’s all tough-guy and flirty, but deep down he really cares about those around him and would do anything for them, he just thinks showing emotions makes him look weak.
He can get pretty lonely, and likes to be the centre of attention most of the time, which can lead to him getting in trouble a lot just to have eyes on him. If he’s not with any other gem, he wanders about looking for someone to talk to or flirt to. He’s pretty good at taking rejection since he’s had thousands of years to become good at it – not all of his flirting is successful.
Gem Location: Lower Navel (pube gem lol)
Gem Weapon: Emotional Aura Abilities.(like Blue Diamond’s. Explanation in Strengths below!)
Pretty Good Mixologist: In his spare time he actually loves to make his own drinks and all that, though nothing to him is as good as regular ol’ cognac.
Lithe: He’s pretty thin and light on his feet, meaning it’s hard to lay a hit on him.
Charming: He has a way with other gems, and can surprisingly charm a lot of gems into listening, believing him or just befriending them. He’s not a mean guy like Dalmatian Jasper, he’s just looking for some fun or some pals… or someone more?
Heelies To Hide His Feelies: He’s pretty good at hiding his emotions behind a smirk or grin, meaning it’s hard to tell if he’s sad, upset or hiding something.
Emotional Aura Abilities: He can use his aura abilities to project his emotions upon all other gems within a certain proximity. He can use this to boost morale by feeling happy or excited, or make all other gems feel flirty by him feeling flirty. It can trigger unconsciously whenever he feels an extreme emotion, which can lead to bad things like nearly all the court gems feeling depressed or angry and can cause mass chaos. It can affect pretty much any gem no matter how strong-willed, his abilities even strong enough to most likely cause a diamond to feel it.
Bottled Up: He ends up with a lot of bottled up emotions and sometimes has days where he stays in his apartment, drunk and crying his eyes out about everything. And yes, the title of this one was a pun.
Easily Poofed: He’s pretty light, and Enstatites aren’t made for battle so he’s easily poofed by a well-placed strike.
Flirts Too Much: He tends to flirt and charm too much, and this can get him either a slap to the face or kick to the… gemstone. He only flirts because it’s fun, and he does see a lot of gorgeous gems around him. He can’t help himself.
Weaponless: Cannot summon a weapon as Enstatites are made to be moral-lifting gems on Homeworld, meant to use their emotional aura abilities to inspire and rally a diamond’s troops before battle.
Emotionally Unstable: He may appear confident and happy and charming, but deep down he feels deeply depressed and self-loathing. It stems from how he ended up caught up in the gem war for earth and witnessed many of the quartz soldiers he had befriended over time just shatter before his eyes. It’s because of this he also fears poofing or shattering, and tries to avoid confrontation.
- Enstatites are meant to be troop-rallying gems who raise moral and hype-up soldier gems before battle in order to make them fight harder and do their best. Consider them like cheerleader gems.
- He found out he loved cognac when he first arrived to the Food Court and went to the bar. It was the first thing that caught his eye. That and he was already that colour anyway.
- Heavily influenced by grunge artists with his clothing.
- He’ll never get rid of his goatee for anyone. Not even Tiffany.
- He’s a total bro, and will most likely help out if he knows you well.
- He often smells like cognac alcohol even when not drunk.
- He’ll flirt with both feminine and masculine gems. No-one is safe from his flirting.
- If you want hugs, he’s not a hugger, but he’ll give you a crisp hi-five instead.
- He couldn’t cook to save his life, but mixing drinks is one of his skills.
- If he’s crushing on you, here’s how you tell; he can barely get words out and his face is red the whole time, you know the deal.
- He has hobbies too; playing video games, practicing the drums, watching TV, drinking, flirting, drawing (though he’s not as good as he thinks he is), dancing.
- Constantly learning new pick-up lines.
- He may or may not somewhat resemble Shaggy Rodgers from Scooby Doo.
- His emotional aura can be directed at specific gems, though it’s harder than just using it in an Area Of Effect.
- Bad at controlling his emotions – ironic considering his old rank and powers.
- His room is messy, like for real.
- He may or may not like to get high from time to time… ok, he does. But not as much as he likes drinking.
- He isn’t a huge fan of wine.
- Theme song is “Up In Smoke” by Hollywood Undead.
- Voice Claim: Charlie Scene – Hollywood Undead. Listen to “Everywhere I Go” also by HU to get a better idea.
- You might say he thinks below the belt, but since his gem is technically his brain and it’s where a certain thingy would be, he is technically thinking below the belt.
Taste In Food: He’ll eat anything, his favourite is anything sugary or spicy. He freaking loves burritos.
“Hey baby *finger guns* what’s up?”
“Do you mind if I follow you around? I was always told to follow my dreams!”
“Hey baby, I lost my facet and cut code… could I get yours~?”
“Hey baby, are you a gem destabiliser? Because when I look at you, I fall apart!”
“Shouldn’t your food be a veggie? A… cute-cumber perhaps?”
“I’m not *hic* drunk! Yooouuurrr drunk!”
“If I can’t pronounce it, I’m not eating it. Unless it’s free food. In that case it’s fair game.”