Bringing forward the past...
Well, with as many years worth of products as I have for Daz/Poser, I decided to take some time to actually bring forth the older products so that they fit with the models I currently use. I'm still very much a novice at adapting these things so thank goodness for Autofit, but I also learned that you can't simply leave things autofitted as they sometimes forget what they are, so I've been converting to new *.duf files and making sure I locate matching texture packs so they all sit nicely together in Studio. I sweat I hate the Poser "Figures" vs. "Poses" concept...
So here's what I've gotten through this weekend...
Managed to convert:
* Dagon/Dagonessa from Hiro 3 to G3M along with the base textures, Richness, and Dragon Steel
* Damaru Jigoku from Hiro 3 to G3M along with the base textures
* Andromeda-6 from David 3 to G3M along with the base textures (except Helmet and Shoulder pads)
* Charming from David 3 to G3M along with base textures, Prince Charming, and Dangerous (except Hooded Cape)
* David Clothing Bundle from David 3 to G3M along with base textures
* Cyber-Arm for V3 from Victoria 3 to G3M along with base textures
* Ranniel Surion from Hiro 3 to G3M along with the base textures and Ranniel Surion Stles
* V3 Real Jeans Set from Victoria 3 to G3M along with Real Jeans Megapack
* Ryu - Dragon Tamer from Hiro 3 to G3M along with the base textures (except Spear)
* Hardcore from Michael 3 to G3M along with the base textures and Hardcore textures (except Gun)
Reliving the Past, Reviving the Future?
G2 didn't last long enough for me to commit to it and even though G8 is the current model, I have the ability to retro-fit most everything from G8M to G3M. I can bring everything from generation 3 forward to G3M in one form or another and I've already ported forward some of the Genesis morphs and I'm working on skin textures as well. What I have problem with is gear that isn't necessarily meant to bend like armor pieces... on their original models they operate just fine but autofit takes that all away, so I need to get an actual modeling program and learn how to adapt those elements manually. Most of what I bought was for Hiro 3, David 3, Michael 3 and some for Michael 4. There's no way I'm abandoning all that. :)
Well technically, my friend and I started with Poser (he started with it, I would buy assets and ask him to assemble character models and do pics for me which I would then postwork in Photoshop). Since he and I don't get to spend as much time together these days, I've had to learn Daz Studio myself... and that's why I have so much old stuff. :)