- Tag people
- Answer honestly
- Put the title as "I am an ___ dragon" (or an elemental pun)
- Have fun!
[✔] You love being outside.
[✔] Sunlight makes you feel happy.
[✔] You love all animals.
[✔] You feel bad when you kill a bug.
 You own lots of plants.
 You are a vegetarian/vegan.
 You love fruits and vegetables.
 You are very headstrong.
[✔] You are a very grounded person.
 You are physically strong or big.
[✔] You try hard to maintain balance in your life.
 You eat a lot and love food.
 You are not sensitive.
[✔] You don't mind getting dirty.
 You have a lot of sass.
[✔] You love warmth.
 You get angered easily, but calm down quickly.
 You get into a lot of fights.
 You are rude.
[✔] You are passionate/emotional.
 You love spicy food.
 You don't express your emotions.
 You come across as cold or uncaring.
 You are thin or frail.
 You don't mind the cold.
[✔] You find yourself with cold extremities.
[✔] You crack easily under pressure.
 You are not sensitive.
 You have way too much energy.
 People tell you to quiet down often.
 You have trouble falling asleep.
 You play your music loud.
[✔] You are often happy.
 You are disruptive.
 You love playing sports.
[✔] You are mostly relaxed.
 You love swimming.
 You can hold your breath for a long time.
[✔] You cry easily.
[✔] You primarily drink water.
[✔] You take stuff very personally.
 You wear your heart on your sleeve.
 You have great endurance.
 You often dream about flying.
 You are not clumsy.
[✔] You tend to "wing it" a lot.
[✔] You love to look at the sky and daydream.
 You love to look fancy.
[✔] You are musical/can play more than one instrument.
[✔] You are a tech whiz.
 You don't care about what other people think of you.
 You don't often go outside.
 People expect much of you.
 You find it easy to figure out how things work.
[✔] You are smart with your money.
[✔] You love video games.
[✔] You are positive and optimistic.
[✔] You have a few really close friends.
[✔] You believe in equality.
[✔] You are compassionate.
 People look to you for advice.
 You find it hard to understand people with different opinions.
 You hate being alone.
 You don't understand people.
[✔] You are not social or have many friends.
 People think you are "evil".
 You love rock music.
 You relate to antagonists more than protagonists.
 You prefer to spend time in the dark.
 You take naps during the day.
[✔] You believe in ouija boards/tarot cards/other magic.
[✔] Your opinion changes easily.
[✔] People underestimate you.
[✔] You are creative or artistic.
[✔] You think mythical creatures are real.
 You are a hoarder.
[✔] You love fantasy and reading books.
 You never get sick.
 People avoid you like the plague.
[✔] People judge you/you are self-conscious.
 You love gross or dark humor.
 You have some sort of disorder.
 You don't like it when people touch you.
 You are very opinionated.
[No one! If you want to do it anyway, feel free.]
If you are tagged and don't want to do this, you don't have to.
1. You have to post ALL the rules.
2. Each person has to share 13 things about themselves.
3. Answer 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. Choose 13 people.
5. You have to legitimately tag 7 people.
6. You CAN'T say you don't do tags.
7. Tag-backs are ALLOWED.
8. YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY! NO COMMENTS! Unless you are talking ABOUT the entry.
9. You have to finish within a week. If you don't finish in time, you have to do whatever the creator tells you.
10. Be creative with the title. No, "I got tagged" stuff.
13 Things About the Tagged:
1. I'm an introvert - though I am sure many of you know that already.
2. Several people have told me I have a "calming" aura or energy.
3. I used to draw made-up dragons in elementary school - lava dragons, water dragons, lots of dragons.
4. My love of rats came from working in a pet store, and seeing fancy rats.
5. My favorite colors are green, red, and purple.
6. I have a strong weakness for shoujo anime. Kimi Ni Todoke stole my heart.
7. I have a fascination for the paranormal that few IRL friends and family find relate-able.
8. I was in Girl Scouts back in the day, but quit after I basically got permission from my father.
9. During a bad cold a month ago, I had catathrenia so bad I woke myself up constantly.
10. Scar was my favorite character from The Lion King as a kid.
11. I love green tea - hot, or cold.
12. I want a tattoo eventually, maybe on my wrist or under my neck.
13. I try to make friends with all the neighborhood cats.
Questions from: ShaQuaVara
1. What one thing do you want most in this world?
Find my purpose. I think I'm closer, but I definitely have a ways to go.
2. Do you believe in prophetic dreams or deja-vu?
Absolutely. I haven't experienced prophecy, but I get deja-vu a lot.
3. Do you think you can learn lessons that can be applied to life from nightmares?
Yeah, I do.
4. What one thing about modern society annoys you the most?
So many people from my generation went to college because we were told to, graduated, and still work minimum wage jobs. Like, something is really wrong about that.
5. Do you believe that humanity will one day wipe itself out?
If global warming alone is any indication, I don't see why not.
6. How would you describe your ideal life?
I want us to have our own home, with a dog, and a yard, and have a job I love.
7. Mountains or ocean?
The mountains, I think. I enjoy being warm, but am not a big "ocean" person.
8. Heights or underground?
Somewhere in the middle? I enjoy heights to an extent.
9. Do you believe in mind over matter?
The power of the mind is greater than it gets credit for.
10. You are told you could have one absolute wish but to make it come true, someone or something has to die. Would you take the wish?
I'd "nope" away from that situation really quickly. Can't do it, won't do it.
11. If you could have any mode of transportation in the world, what would you choose?
I always thought the concept of hybrid vehicles was pretty cool. They should be more easily obtainable, though.
12. Would you rather life a long, mundane life or a short, exciting one?
Eh, I can't decide. [shrug]
13. What is it about memes like this that actually make you participate?
Sometimes the questions people ask are interesting!
1. What made you want to be an artist (or writer, or photographer - whatever you do here on dA)?
2. What is your favorite thing to eat?
3. Level with me - do you ever dream about missing class, missing the bus, or forgetting you had a test?
4. What is your favorite animal?
5. What written fantasy world would you want to exist in?
6. What is your favorite fantasy or mythological creature?
7. Do you believe in the paranormal (ghosts, demons, spirits)?
8. Are you excited about the upcoming Pokemon Go mobile game?
9. Do you sleep with a lot of blankets, or barely any?
10. Is your room (or home) full of material possessions, or fairly neat and clutter-free?
11. Do you wear any jewelry on a daily basis?
12. How often do you daydream (or do you even do it at all)?
13. What is your favorite book?
Tag, You're It:
''The holidays are right around the corner; that time of year when everyone's stressed out about everyone else and the budget and what you can afford to allot toward gifts or cards for everyone and their mothers.
- A house of our own, where we could live rent-free (and alone!)
- A new car, preferably a Honda (we've had good luck with those)
- Adopting a dog (once we have a home)
- Being able to meet Zak Bagans and the cast of Ghost Adventures
- The chance for BF and I to meet the Yogscast, overseas
- Loose, long, knitted leg warmers
- Gift cards to Barnes and Noble
- Gemstones, all the gemstones!
- Art of my Self or OCs
- A small rat tribal wrist-tattoo design (for potential future use)
- Tarot dice, or other forms of divination dice
- Notes, emails, or e-cards with seasons greetings!
I'm foregoing tags, since many of my friends have been tagged already, and some of you don't like tag journals. But if you want to do the meme, simply copy it for yourself, and let me know, so I can see!
Describe yourself in three words.
Lost in daydreams
Are you left or right handed?
What was your first deviation?
Apparently, this picture of the clouds. At least, on this account.
What is your favourite type of art to create?
Prose, preferably short works.
If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
I would want to master digital art. The work I see on here is incredible sometimes.
What was your first favourite?
Pages won't load while I try and sift through, so [shrug].
What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
Visual art, though I really should be aiming for written work.
Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
I can't really pick one?
If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
My half-sister, because it's been ages since I saw her last.
How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
I have met a lot of great online friends inadvertently through this site, many of which share my varied interests.
What are your preferred tools to create art?
My PC or laptop (typing). Sometimes my iPad, if patience permits.
What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
I find that if I use the laptop on my bed, I get distracted less than I do at my desktop.
What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
One Halloween, I won a poetry writing contest on dA, and they actually sent me a little Fella plush. He still sits over by my bed.
Written for #DeviantArtistQuestionnaire
If you don’t know your personality type, take the test here.
Rules: Find out what characters share the same personality type as you here and list the characters that you find relevant below. Then tag five friends (or more) and let them know you tagged them!
- Ricky Fitts from American Beauty
- George Lundgren and Fern Walters from Arthur
- Sasha Braus from Attack on Titan
- Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Terry McGinnis from Batman Beyond
- Leonard Hofstadter from The Big Bang Theory
- Tina Belcher from Bob's Burgers
- Princess Isabelle from Braveheart
- Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye
- Doug Funnie from Doug
- Jonny 2x4 from Ed, Edd n Eddy
- Lucy/Kaede from Elfen Lied
- Leeloo from The Fifth Element
- Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII
- Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter
- Robert Chase from House
- The Mother from How I Met Your Mother
- Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon
- Haruka Kotoura from Kotoura-san
- Frodo from The Lord of the Rings
- Desmond Hume from LOST
- Phoebe Terese from The Magic School Bus
- Fantine, Marius and Jehan Prouvaire from Les Misérables
- Princess Luna from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Raleigh Becket from Pacific Rim
- N from Pokémon Black and White
- Bran Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones
- Deanna Troi from Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
- Vash the Stampede from Trigun
- Bonnie McCullough from The Vampire Diaries
- The eponymous main character of WALL•E
I featured the above exerpt because it is the closest I have gotten to writing my own novel - a novella I wrote in college. It needs some serious editing, and it probably going to change a lot, but it has been on the backburner for a while. It is just a major feat of writing for me, a piece that got read and reviewed by several of my professors that I selected for my comittee. It was a nerve wracking process, and I lost a lot of sleep to the point of missing my morning Spanish class repeatedly, but it was worth it, mostly.
When I was in college, I took a memoir class where every week we had to write 1 100-word essay based off a predetermined word. I loved this, because while it seems short and easy, it was difficult. We had to dig back into our memories - many of which were cast out of my mind long ago - and connect one to this word, and tell that story in just 100 words. Some of these, like the one above, became my favorites. Some were the hardest stories to tell.
I am adding this 100-word essay as well because it is about a very strange time in my high school life. The long and short of it is that my dreams became haunted night after night by one person, a boy I actually knew but never spoke to. I had a bit of thing for him, and he for me, but it never went anywhere. Most of my high school crushes went nowhere, but this one took a different turn. He began to exist in my head, resulting in dreams always including him. It wasn't something I outwardly desired or wanted to happen; it just did. It got to the point where I desperately wanted him gone. During a guided imagery experience in health class, I was in this field, with him, and this sort of wordless goodbye happened. And then it stopped. Call me crazy, but those dreams ended that day. This essay helped me tell that story.
Some of my best experiences in college happened during my honors seminars, which were basically free credits to take classes once a week on really awesome things. I took a class on the apocalypse, and another on zombies, and got credits for this. This was a project where I had to choose a building on campus to fortify and hold up in during a zombie outbreak. I absolutely adored this project and worked so hard on the essay and photos that went with it. If anything, I was too thorough. But in the apocalypse, can you really be too ready?
During my college memoir class, we had the assignment of writing about what writing meant to us, essentially. It was a prompt that we sort of whipped up a draft for, fixed up and shared the results with around the table with our classmates. Back in elementary school, I used to take art class. I really only stopped because they made you choose later - art or music, and I really loved music. I loved creating my own creatures though, and the wearishagon was one. I realized in my college class that it sort of represented what writing is to me - taking pieces from several things and using them to make something completely different, unique. I realized that most writing borrowed ideas from something else, but good writing also turned those bits and pieces into something new and refreshing.
Since I am primarily a writer who sometimes takes pretty photographs, I chose to include only writing in this journal. Though I have taken photos and posted them here, my writing is most frequent. I hope to post more writing here in the future, to get back into the groove that I was while in college, and further form new ideas from old. And since this journal post is already too long, I am stopping it here. Happy birthday, dA.