500 Watchers Art Raffle! | WINNERS ANNOUNCEDWinners announced! Congratulations to those of you that won ;A; To claim your prize, just send me a note with the character you want drawn! All prizes should be finished within 2 weeks of you notifying me of your character~ Also, if someone doesn't claim their prize within 2 weeks of this announcement, I will reroll for a new winner ;A; (so by July 18)
Fundelstein and Frappe7
1. How long have you been posting to Deviant Art?
- I started uploading consistently in June of 2016 but I had an account before then.
2. What got you into drawing?
- Dumb as it sounds, I was jealous of people who could draw. And being a stupid kid, I thought "Wow, I'll show them. I could draw too if I wanted to." Long story short, I actually started practicing (whoa, practice makes you better? Who'd a thunk?) and saw improvements over the months. So it started out as being petty but I ended up really liking it. No worries though, I'm over that jealous phase!
3. Favorite tools and media?
- Regular pencil sketches.
- Colored pencil.
- Digital tablets.
4. Where do you like to draw?
- At my desk (digital)
- In bed (traditional)
5. What do you draw most often?
- People: usually Oc's, random designs or fandoms
6. What do you wish you could draw better?
- Likenesses. I need a lot more practice. I can almost never make it look like the actual person.
7. Two things you think you're pretty good at.
- Uploading consistently.
- Line art.
8. Two things you think you're getting better at.
- Interesting poses.
- Character design.
9. Two things you know you need to work on.
- Backgrounds in general.
- Color theory.
10. Artist Pet Peeves.
- When I'm drawing and someone starts looking over my shoulder. I just can't draw with someone watching!
- When people say digital art isn't "real art"
11. Do you keep a sketchbook? If so, how many have you filled/which are you currently working on?
- Yes, I just started my 3rd one.
12. How many drawings do you do in a week?
- Depends on my free time or if I'm in an art block but usually 1-4. But that's everything from finished pieces to sketches.
Well, I think that's about it from me. Ask questions about my responses if you have any! I'll be back to regular posting next week.
Hello, everybody! I had a journal about this before but I've decided to update and change a few things. In short, I will be taking Warriors requests (and cat requests in general). Currently, there is no limit to how many requests I will do at a time but if this ends up being popular, I may put one in place.
Below are a couple examples of my work. All are previous requests I've done.
I can draw a face in a day but it may take several days to draw and pose multiple characters and a background. Keep in mind, my backgrounds aren't the best so I can't draw anything overly complicated. However, I'll try to finish a drawing in a week or less.
- I won't draw more than three cats in one drawing.
- These are free requests so it is not required that you donate points but anything you can spare would be greatly appreciated.
- Do NOT remove my signature or claim the drawing as your own.
- I will leave the drawing available for download. It is okay if you use it for a profile picture, banner or background but please tell me in advance.
- I'm okay drawing some gore (ex: blood, scars, missing eyes or ears) but not excessive violence (ex: exposed organs or bones). Ask if you're unsure what's okay.
- I will not be drawing sexually explicit content of any kind.
- I won't be drawing furries or anthros. Just felines.
- Please give me an example of what your character looks like. It should include colors, patterns, accessories and any other details you find important. The easiest way to do this is with a link to a drawing of yours. I can try to work with a text description but a link is preferable.
- Tell me what kind of drawing you want (like just the face, simple background, etc.) along with a general idea of how you want the character to look. If there are several characters, tell me how they are interacting. Expressions and a brief description of the background help too.
- Keep in mind the characters might not be a perfect representation of yours. But I'll try my best to get it as close as possible.
- I'll only take a couple requests at a time per person.
As of 3/18/17, I will now be doing custom designs as well. This is my first time doing something like this so we'll see how it works out. If you have a character but no design for them, I will make 2-3 possible design references and you can choose which, if any, match your character. From there, you are free to use that design! Below is an example of what I will create. 2-3 cats with their color palette visible and no background.
It will likely take a bit of time for me to come up with the designs, but again, I'll try to do them in less than a week.
For custom designs:
- Please give me an idea as to what you have in mind. For example, color pallets you want (dark colors, red shades, etc) , species of the cat, gender, name, personality, or anything else you think would help me come up with something like them.
- You can choose to use any of the designs I created for your character. If none of them seem fitting, no worries. You don't have to use them.
- My designs are somewhere between fantasy and reality. I don't draw completely realistic cats but I also try to stay within some margin of realism. If you're confused by what I mean, check out some of my other designs to get a feel for them.
- If there are designs you don't choose and I like them enough, there is a possibility I may use them as adopts in the future. Please tell me ahead of time if you are not ok with this.
- After you choose a cat, please credit me the first time you draw it. After that, nothing else must be done.
- It's ok if you want to change simple things. Eye color, add accessories, scars, missing features, longer tails, etc.
I was at Lowes when I got distracted by the color swatches for paint. I was looking at some of them and thought it would be pretty fun to draw in some of these colors. Then it hit me. What if I took those color swatches and scanned them into my computer? I took a handful of skin tones, grays and a little booklet to try it out.
It actually works pretty well! Of course it isn't perfect. My scanner isn't amazing at picking up some colors so they showed up slightly different on my screen. I'm also not completely sure if these colors belong to the company that printed the paint swatches (since you can apparently copyright a color) so that might be an issue as well. Regardless, I'm pretty surprised it worked as well as it did.
- The color samples are free and in quite a few stores.
- It provides colors that are slightly lighter and darker that could be used for highlights and shading.
- The colors can be saved so they can be copied later.
- It could be useful for getting those colors you could never quite get to look how you wanted.
- The specific colors or names could belong to the paint company.
- The quality image completely depends on your printer or scanner.
- They may not be the colors required.
- It's kind of cheating.