Features FAQ & Rules | Features Journal
Welcome to News 3/2/18
: Hi everyone! This is DeathInTheReaper
here! Since the group hasn't had a good update on the rules I've just done so! Don't forget, items with a
next to it mean they got an update and items with a
next to it means they weren't listed here before. I would urge everyone to re-read the rules, even the people who just recently joined, because it has been about 5 years since the rules got a bit of a makeover.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Please read over the rules carefully! Updates will be made periodically as the need arises. Whenever this journal is updated we will send it out again to all our watchers/member's inboxes. Please make sure you watch the group journals so you never miss an update. Note to the group or comment to this journal if you have questions! Symbol Key
- This will be put next to ANY rule OR folder description
that has gotten a fresh update.
- This will be put next to ANY rule OR folder description
that were not previously in this journal before.
As a rule of thumb it would be a good idea to re-read anything that you see either of these icons next to, even if you have already read a section where the
Respect your fellow DA artists!
Please submit to the appropriate folders!
You may advertise on the front page once
every 24 hours! If your post is still up on the front page (meaning you don't have to click the "next" button to find it) please DO NOT repost or your comment will be hidden.
We have a 3 strikes and you're out policy. If you do not follow our rules, submission FAQs, feature FAQs, or any other important information important to making sure the group operates smoothly you will receive a warning. If we have to warn you 3 times then you'll be banned from the group permanently upon the 4th offense. DO NOT
dump your art into our gallery folders if you ARE NOT
taking commissions. Art you contributed before you stopped taking commissions may still stay in our gallery! Do not spam submit to the group. Spam submitting is when you submit your art without regards to the proper folders or the artwork's relevancy to the groups you submit them to.
This is lazy, and shows you don't care. Belonging to a ton of groups is no excuse. I (DeathInTheReaper
) belong to a ton of groups as well but I still take the time and care to make sure my artwork is being submitted to the proper groups and
Be kind to other members! Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
Respect the admins and we'll respect you! PLEASE
do not submit work to the group that has been photographed in poor lighting conditions. It is a turn off for people looking to commission artists to see very dark, blurry, or hard to make out photographs of a piece of artwork. All we ask is the quality of the photograph is clear and easily able to view. IMPORTANT
: Please do not submit journals or deviations promoting or advertising contests. This group is ONLY for people looking to do commissions
. Contests are not forms of commissions and have nothing to do with commissions whatsoever. You MAY submit artwork that you have done FOR a contest to our commission examples folder.
If you are going to leave DA, move accounts, or deactivate your account PLEASE
leave the group before doing so. This helps keep our member list clean and myself or Rhay-Robotnik
won't have to waste too much time cleaning up the list. Thanks!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Below is a list and descriptions of what each of the folders are for. Members are free to submit 10 deviations
to the group per day
This folder is ONLY for the top Featured Contributor
's art. An admin will add that person's work to this folder. DO NOT
submit to this folder or you will risk getting a warning that will count towards being banned from the club! (Read the rules above for details on warnings).
- Your commission sheet MUST say Open OR Closed somewhere in the title so that people know if you are taking commissions or not. Your commission sheet will be declined if this is left out!
- Commission sheets can be either text or image based. They must contain: prices, contact information, examples, etc, anything that you feel is important for people to know before they commission you. MUST be listed as a payment option (this is a commission club! Money prices can also be listed so long as are there as well.
- Here is my journal and commission sheet as an example, you obviously don't have to have the same layout as me. PLEASE edit your commission sheets/IDs to say "Closed" somewhere in the title when you are no longer taking commissions to avoid confusing anyone browsing for artists to commission. Thanks! We do not accept contest journals/deviations promoting contests (contest ENTRIES are allowed)!! DO NOT submit these to the group in general OR into this folder!
- Submit open adoptables here! Please submit your SOLD adoptables to the Sold Adoptables folder.
- You MUST also indicate in the title the status of the adoption to avoid confusion (i.e. Open or Closed) or it WILL be declined!. This makes it easier for us to keep this folder clean and showcasing only open adoptables.
- Adoptables can also include Breedables, hatchlings, or any other sort of adoptable related things!
This folder is for anyone who wishes to showcase their adoptables that are no longer available/have sold as examples of what they can do in the way of adoptables regardless of whether or not you have showcased it in our Adoptables folder or not. This folder ALSO includes sold or unavailble breedables, hatchlings, or any other sort of adoptable related things that admins have moved from the Adoptables folder after they have sold.
Here is a list of what we allow to this folder:
- - Art Trades - Art trades are defined as art that you draw for another person and are receiving artwork from that person in return. If you are paid via or money in any way then it is NOT an Art trade!
- - Kiribans - Self explanatory. Kiribans are artwork done for free to whomever caught your chosen pageview number.
- - Contest Entries - These are defined as artworks that you have done to enter into a contest(s) regardless of whether you won that contest or not.
- - Requests - Requests are pieces of art someone has asked you to do and you drew for them FOR FREE without receiving ANYTHING in return. If people donate or money to you before you even considered doing the piece for them it then becomes a commission and must be submitted to the Completed Commissions folder. The same goes if you have donation widgets stating that for "X amount of " you will do "insert type of drawing/art here".
- - Collabs - Because these are more confusing, we will no longer accept collaboration work submitted to the group. Thanks for understanding!
Anything that you have done as a commission (a.k.a something you were paid
to do) that is COMPLETED goes here. NO WIP uploads of commissions please. If you weren't paid to do it with
(and/or money) it doesn't belong in this folder!!
We have noticed that people are very confused on what commissions are versus free art or requests. By definition a commission is something you have been PAID to do which is why there is no such thing as a "free commission". Whether you received 1
or 1 million
, whether the
/money was donated or sent directly to you in order to receive art: these are ALL examples of being paid
to do art for someone.Thanks to Mloun for creating the group icon!