if you still wanna keep up w/ me in general, check out my two tumblr accounts listed in my bio on my main page, esp if ur interested in wips or some of the art I have found time to upload to my art account there.
Rules: post 8 facts, tag 8 characters to continue the meme. I don't even know 8 ppl on here (on friendly enough terms to tag them, at least), so I may not accomplish that last bit
before I start, I feel like I need to re-introduce Terry/Blood Donor b/c I've drawn so little art of her and Mia, and talked abt them both so little, so here we go:
- the main story is Blood Donor (-- working name, I'm not very good at titles..), and Terry is a main character along w/ Mia (both shown here and here)
- Terry's a vampire, with her species' unique biology mostly shown in this post (which is SUPER OLD, I rly need to redraw it...). here's a SLIGHTLY newer look at vampires mouths/faces, but it's still kinda old..
- Mia is Terry's (eventual) girlfriend, but first Terry has to kill her, which forces Mia into a ghost state, and she haunts Terry for the rest of the story. hijinks ensue
- there's lots of political bs w/ how there is a monopoly on the blood distributed to vampires, how vampires and other nonhumans are treated in society, etc. etc.
1) so the idea for Blood Donor sprouted from two main things:
A) the want for a more unique and (slightly) more biologically feasible vampire design, both behaviorally and physically. Tho I still haven't been able to figure out an evolutionary explanation for my "transfusion-fangs". if early vampires' blood problems were THAT bad they prolly would've died out before anything as sophisticated as those fangs came about, not to mention HOW those fangs would have come to evolve for that specific purpose in the first place?? but I'm too attached to them at this point. lov them snake fangs
B) the idea of of a vampire killing someone, then that ghost haunting them seemed HILARIOUS to me, I HAD to make something out of it. I feel like I did want to make this a romantic story from the onset, but something that had more of a focus on building a friendship/partnership through shared circumstances, then EVENTUALLY turning into an awkward romance. this is esp true since there's essentially 0 chance for a physical relationship between a ghost and a living being (depending on ur "sexy ghost" headcanons of course, but in this instance, contact is limited). I just want a romantic comedy abt the awkward romance between these two, w/ some psychological horror elements thrown in b/c they're both fucked up from Mia having been.... turned into a ghost...
(and not to mention the social/political elements of a fucked society :3c )
2) I haven't nailed down exactly what Terry's relationship w/ her single mother is, but I feel like it's mostly that her mom wasn't prepared for a child, couldn't get an abortion, and was forced to raise her anyways. her mom was never outright abusive, but emotionally neglected young Terry in favor of putting energy into work in order to keep them both slightly out of the gutter. Terry's mom never wanted her, but she wasn't cruel enough to throw Terry out on the streets on her own, at least, and provided her the best home and resources she could, given the circumstances. her mom had to figure out a way for them both to survive in the lowest tier of society, and, sadly, her best was still not the most emotionally healthy for Terry.
3) due to the last fact, Terry's grown up forming few long-term attachments and being very independent and antisocial. although her home life somewhat forced her into her current "hermit" nature, she's actually pretty comfortable with it. she's pretty low-maintenance, emotionally, and she's proud of it. Terry's happy she doesn't have to form relationships in order to feel "whole" or happy like most other seem to, and she scoffs at the idea of romance-- as if she'd even have the time or energy for it in her dog-eat-dog city. however, while she'd never admit this, she'd probably have a breakdown if she lost any of her few close friends. while she's hard to get close to, once someone DOES get close to her, she's a there for life, and she puts most of her emotional energy into those few relationships.
4) her closest friend is a werewolf named Devin. they've known each other almost since Terry was born, and Devin's house was often Terry's safe haven from her own; it was essentially her second home (or, really, Terry would consider it her actual home). while Devin's family wasn't much better off than Terry's, financially, Devin's mom at least had a better handle on emotional security, and provided Terry the love and affection she didn't get from her own mom. Thus, Terry considers Devin her sibling, and Devin's mom her mom.
5) considering her relationship w/ Devin, she's got a very good handle on werewolf culture and behavior. this is actually a p common occurrence, as vampires and werewolves (among other "undesirables" in human society) tend to form close relationships in more human-dominated environments. on a completely unrelated note, Terry fucking LOVES dogs. wanna melt this gal's heart? bring her a dog. Devin jokes that their werewolf influence made her weak to canines, and Terry has neither confirmed nor denied this.
6) Terry's built up a very tough outer skin having been raised in the lowest tier of society + her mother's neglect, and she's learned to channel her fear into aggression. though she's pretty good at containing her aggression to passive-aggressive remarks and lowkey threats, b/c she usually doesn't have the energy to give much more than that (+ the negative social repercussions of getting too snippy w/ a human especially). that doesn't mean she'll back down from an argument or let anyone step over her, and she's quick to snap at those who agitate her.
7) despite her sharp tongue and tough/aloof exterior, Terry's actually got a very soft heart. she hates truly hurting others, and is weak to those in need. she was often scolded in her youth by Devin's mother for giving away her own meals to beggars on the street-- food which Devin's mother had a hard time coming by herself. she's still prone to giving away money and food, but she's a bit more cautious about it now.
8) Terry's really not the kind of person to jump into physical fights, or even ENJOY fighting. she doesn't have the energy or the heart for it, and she'd honestly rather run away. she tries to avoid fights while giving the impression that she's disinterested or irritated with fighting, as she knows her city is not kind to any sign of fear or weakness. this is part of the reason why she gets so broken up after having killed Mia at the beginning-- the guilt and horror of having literally murdered someone send her into a state of shock, and then Mia's damn GHOST comes to visit, and Terry's left w/ some p severe PTSD for a while (even after Mia eventually forgives her).
man, now I kinda want to get into this story again, I forgot how much I love it ;w;
blacksapphiredragon mmmm how abt Phase?
lmao I don't know enough ppl on here, this meme gets one tag
How long have you been on DeviantArt? about 4 years, approaching 5 years sometime in late December or early January
What does your username mean? dragon + animal
Describe yourself in three words. small tired hippie
Are you left or right handed? right
What was your first deviation? this terrible story
The Tale of Limiius and RingoMany years ago, before the Age of Man, the world was dark. The creatures of the world pleaded to Dogin, the Dragon of All, to bring light to the darkness. Dogin heard their pleas and created a smooth, silver egg. From this egg hatched a lithe, glowing, silver dragon. Dogin named this female dragon Limiius, Dragon of the Moon. Every day, Limiius would soar across the sky, penetrating the darkness with her shining scales. Though, her glow didn't light the entire world, and the many creatures still asked for more light. Dogin then created another egg, a large, rough, golden one this time. From this egg hatched a roughly scaled, brightly glowing, golden dragon. This muscular, male dragon was called Rinjo, Dragon of the Sun. Dogin then sent Rinjo into the sky and told Limiius that her duties as the world's light were over. Limiius refused to give up her role, so she challenged Rinjob/c I didn't have a scanner or digital art programs or anything to upload visual art yet. my first visual art post was this trash b/c it was a photoshop project from school, yet still no scanner or anything for my home computer. finally, my first actual drawing was my first id. for some reason in the past, I liked to make these rly complicated ids that had what I considered important aspects of my personality represented. as u can see, they didn't work out well. also, plz be aware that my personality doesn't match up well w/ my past, so a lot of those aspects no longer apply
What is your favourite type of art to create? def drawing of any sort. I haven't done a lot of traditional as of late, but I still love it as much as digital
If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be? if we're talking specifically drawing, I'd LOVE to draw like or -- a kinda warped realism, or maybe Eli-Ellsworth's gorgeous wobbly lines and mass placement ahhh love it. I've been struggling to learn soft shading/lighting on a digital platform, so I'd love to become instantly awesome at that too
What type of art do you tend to favourite the most? dragon drawings, mostly b/c I watch many dragons groups and artists.
Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist? bro u can't do this to me that's entirely too many. echh I'd have to narrow it down to and . for the sake of simplicitiy, I'm eliminating artists I found on Tumblr first, tho there are plenty of beautiful Tumblr artists I love too ;w;''
If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be? ahhhh golly uhhhh......... prolly or . I'd love to absorb some of their knowledge on anatomy and evolutionary theory. also they seem like cool people~
How has a fellow deviant impacted your life? hmm well and have given me wonderful advice over the years, and are always supportive in their critique. I'm sure there are others that have helped me out as well that I'm forgetting (I'm sorry ;w;,,,), but these two are the first that come to mind
What are your preferred tools to create art? pencil and paper or tablet and tablet pen + GIMP
What is the most inspirational place for you to create art? someplace w/ music, I rarely ever draw w/o music. I've also found I get a lot of inspiration from watching how people move
What is your favourite DeviantArt memory? ahhh.... hmmmm... ThoughtArt was p gr8. I also liked the cat-takeover that one year. I still regret not participating in that one
hope this doesn't disappoint anybody,,,
anyways, a reminder that I'm literally always open for requests. I've got a few other projects goin, as well as schoolwork, so it may take a while, but if ur willing to wait~ here's my art info
looks like I can get jiggy w/ a premium journal skin again so here's the obligatory Toothless one
I don't have too much else to say
except that, for the peeps still waiting for their requests, I am SOOOOSOSO sorry it's taking so long. I honestly don't have any good excuses. just school, laziness/procrastination, and a huge lack of energy from stress and anxiety. I know that doesn't rly make up for the, y'know, YEAR that I haven't gotten around to them, but I HAVE NOT forgotten about them!!
anyways, stay funky fresh my friends, and have a lovely day~~ UvU
I'm gonna be uploading all the drawings I've done over the last 8 months!!!!!!!! yeah!!!!!!
and now that I've got my OWN scanner, I'll probably be more inclined to scan stuff more often, cus' I won't have to drag my computer and stuff all downstairs and hook it up to the family scanner every time!! yeahhhh
anyways, it might be a few hours before I actually upload anything (considering how long it might take to set up the new scanning program and whatnot), but I'll try to upload stuff today!
how is everyone?
I got accepted to college recently, so that's p cool
that's about it- I don't rly do many exciting things
see any good movies recently?
Here are the rules:
1: You have to post these rules.
2: You must post 11 things about yourself.
3: You must choose 11 people to tag.
4: Go to their page and tell them you tagged them.
5: NO TAG BACKS.
- AHHH YES HTTYD 2 HOLY SHIT TOOTHLESS YOU'RE BACK, AND HICCUP YOU GOT OLDER??? MY BBY HAS GROWN INTO AN OLDER BBY WITH AN UNFAIRLY ATTRACTIVE FACE HHH
- I'm 17 and I look 14; I'm supposed to be getting ready for college, and I can still get away with a kid's meal at a restaurant
- there are squirrels in my roof, and goddamn they can get irritating
- I'm the hermit artist in a family of v athletic, go-getter people. not that I'm whining about it, but sometimes I kinda just. laugh. about genetics.
- swimming anime is fucking horrible this was supposed to be a Fun and Happy show what the hell
- I have 2 ferrets named Bullet and Roxy
- I'm really close to finishing my Aradia horns hhhHHHHH. "don't use fabric", they said- well looks like I'm gonna prove all y'all wrong B)
- at some point second semester sophomore year, I experienced a v quick and dramatic decline in motivation to do much of anything, and it honestly kinda terrifies me, cus' it's only gotten worse
- blood and gore don't bother me too much (I fidget some at innards being messed with and wOW LEAVE THE EYES ALONE, LET THEM STAY SAFE AND HAPPY), but then emotional stuff really gets me. like, in driver's ed a while back, we watched that one vid almost everyone watches, "Red Pavement", I think it was, and seeing blood, severed limbs, and brain matter didn't bother me at all, but then when the family members came on and started talking about their dead sons and daughters, I almost fucking lost it right then and there, I was so close to sobbing
- I was about to say I have a giant Toothless plush I made, but I dismantled him recently so I could resew him better
- I have 2 Perry the Platypus plushes on my bed, one bigger than the other. the story behind them is kinda long, but just know the little one is from a RLY CUTE FRIEND BEING RLY CUTE WHAT A CUTIE SHE'S SO NICE
ok, first of all, I'm back from vacation and also fixing my internet
and second, how the hell did dA turn 13? I swear to god their 12th birthday feels like it was only a few months ago
where the heck did the other 9 months go, I feel cheated
current pending requests-
I've been back for a few days actually haha
anyways, I'm gonna make a little spot somewhere on my page for the request list so I don't have to keep updating a journal about it, so keep a lookout for that
EDIT- nevermind, I'm just gonna keep slapping it on journal entries
pending requests journal is the one just before this one, if you want to check up on the list
EDIT- I forgot to edit this earlier asjfh but I was able to bring my laptop so I'm not completely gone it seems haha
EDIT- I'm back home now, so I can get started on requests
- underneath-infinity comments.deviantart.com/1/3713…
I've got one to do already, and a gift art I need to get done, so I'm mostly making this journal to get rid of the last one
as in: FREE ART!!!!!!!
/falls down and cries