an elegant and minimalistic Pack of Visual Styles for Windows 8.1 that doesn't get in the way of your productivity.
+BONUS: Matching Firefox Style for the dark themes available here.
EXTRA STUFF!!! make sure you checkout the 2 matching PotPlayer skins: Simplify Light for PotPlayer and Simplify Dark for PotPlayer.
IMPORTAT!!!! The themes don't change the icons! I never said they do! If you want to change the system icons you can use iPacks. In the preview I've used this iPack: numix iPack. If you want to change the taskbar icons then please google something like "how to change the taskbar icons in windows".
• create a Restore Point using System Restore (safety first!)
• patch Windows so you can use 3rd party themes using this tool: uxstyle.com
• install the theme by copying the content of the Themes/Light Themes or Themes/Dark Themes folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\"
• apply the theme from the Personalize panel
• apply the registry settings by applying the corresponding .reg file in the Window Metrics folder
• remove the hover glow of the taskbar buttons: System>Advanced Settings>Performance Settings>uncheck Animations in the taskbar
• restart Windows and...
• enjoy using your new themes!
• OPTIONAL for Dark Point and Light Lines themes: use OldNewExplorer and check Use command bar instead of Ribbon option and all the sub-options except for the Hide caption text in File Explorer windows
• OPTIONAL! narrow vertical taskbar: use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. Right click on the tray icon>advanced settings and set the no_width_limit = 1
• OPTIONAL! change the system icons: install the numix iPack
what you get
• 10 awesome Windows themes + extra variations: folders Themes...
• matching windows cursor schemes: folder Resources\Cursors
• two beautiful wallpapers: folder Resources\Wallpapers
• matching Firefox Style for Simplify 8.1 Dark: available here
• unlimited support!
• added a new Bonus Version: Light Blue.
• replaced the original Simplify progress bar with the regular one (the one from the preview), in all the dark themes..
• added a new Bonus Version: Light Micro.
• added a new Bonus Version: Light Classic.
• added a new Bonus Version: Light Lines.
• dropped the themes and support for Windows 8.0.
• added a new Bonus Versions for Windows 8.1: Dark Point.
• added 2 new Bonus Versions for Windows 8.1: Dark Frames and Dark Micro.
• fixed the vertical taskbar in all the versions.
• fixed a few bugs in Simplify 8.1 Dark Colorful.
• added a new Bonus Visual Style for Windows 8.1: Simplify 8.1 Dark Colorful.
• added a Bonus Visual Style for Windows 8.1: Simplify 8.1 Dark.
• created a matching Firefox Style for the Simplify 8.1 Dark VS.
• added support for higher DPI display settings.
• merged Simplify 8.1 and 8.1u1 into one.
• fixed the missing context menu in the Start Screen in Windows 8.1 Update 1.
• added a new variation for Windows 8.1 called Simplify 8.1 which fixes the jumplist bug.
• added a Bonus Wallpaper!
• initial release of the visual style.
Windows 8.1u1: jerky animation when minimizing/closing Metro apps.
check this out!
How come you're still using Windows 8?
But it also depends on what other software you install which can make the OS less stable.
Since you don't need exclusive Windows 10 apps or games then Windows 8.1 is enough.
How can I download this?