Check out Maverick 10 - Windows 10 Theme Pack: gumroad.com/l/tZLHq
Yes... it's here at last! Maverick brings you the Ubuntu look to your Windows 8.1 setup. Finally you can enjoy the orange and dark grey style with this redesigned theme that mixes the best from Ubuntu with flat clean elements giving a beautiful and modern look to your PC.
Check this Screenshot for a detailed view of the theme!
Also don't forget to check out Maverick 8.1 light for Windows 8.1 as well!
• create a Restore Point using System Restore (safety first!)
• patch Windows so you can use 3rd party themes using this tool: uxstyle.com
• install the fonts in the Resources\Fonts folder
• install the theme by copying the content of the Theme folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\"
• apply the theme from the Personalize panel
• apply the registry settings by running the maverick_8_1_window_metrics.reg file in the Window Metrics folder
• remove the hover glow of the taskbar buttons: System>Advanced Settings>Performance Settings>uncheck Animations in the taskbar
• restart Windows and...
• enjoy using the theme!
• OPTIONAL! narrow vertical taskbar: use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. Right click on the tray icon>advanced settings and set the no_width_limit = 1
• OPTIONAL! make windows explorer look cool: use OldNewExplorer! Check the option: Use command bar instead of Ribbon.
• CAUTION! the theme only works at default Windows dpi/scale level!
what you get
• one awesome Windows themes: folder Theme
• one matching windows cursor scheme: folder Resources\Cursors
• one amazing wallpaper: folder Resources\Wallpapers
• matching PotPlayer skin: folder Resources\Skins
• menu text color fix for Firefox and Thunderbird: available here
• unlimited support!
• initial release of the visual style.
• the theme works only using the default windows dpi(96dpi)/scale(100%) level.
• dark text on dark background in the explorer breadcrumbs drop down menu. Unfortunately there's no way to fix this without braking other more important elements in the theme. Thank you Microshit!
check this out!
Hola, hermoso tema, muchas gracias por tu trabajo. Una consulta, en mi caso el tema no se instala como indicas, el menu inicio no cambia de color, ni los menus contextuales. Podrias ayudarme??? Gracias. Saludos desde Peru.
First, make sure you're on Windows 8.1. This is not a Windows 10 theme!
Then make sure you properly installed uxstyle or try Ultrauxthemepatcher, and finally make sure you copied the files properly in the right place.
Consulta, las carpetas incluidas en resources, se deben copiar en windows/resources/themes?? o en windows/resources??
Ademas no entiendo para que ejecutar el archivo maverick de entrada de registro???
I don't speak your language so I'm not sure what you mean.
From your message it seems the theme didn't apply at all. This can be for 2 reasons: 1. The patcher didn't patch all the three needed DLL files. In this case please run the UltraUXThemePatcher again as admin and take a look at the status of the 3 DLLs. If some of them are Not patched then you have to take ownership of those files before running the patcher again, just as I mentioned in the instructions. Finally the patcher should look like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/53h51uf39m68zj4/screenshot-02.jpg?dl=0 2. You didn't copy the theme files in the right place. Your C/windows/resources/themes folder should look something like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4xsfgprco6ynjd/screenshot-01.jpg?dl=0 Let me know if you need further help. Best, Cristian
Amigo, muchas gracias por tu deferencia. El problema estaba en el parche, lo corregí con uxpatcher. Todo funciona ahora muy bien.
A la espera de ver de mas de tus maravillosas obras.
Saludos desde Perú.
the best theme that I encountered. I have searched for many themes, and when I found this theme I immediately liked it. Unfortunately, there is only one drawback of this theme. less color from the drop-down menu. but this is enough, thanks for the theme
That's how it should look like on your end as well. Make sure you're on Windows 8.1 and that you don't use other customizing software that might conflict with the Windows theme.