Get the theme here if you wish to support my work!
Yes... it's here at last! Maverick brings you the Ubuntu look to your Windows 8.1 setup. Finally you can enjoy the orange and dark grey style with this redesigned theme that mixes the best from Ubuntu with flat clean elements giving a beautiful and modern look to your PC.
Check this Screenshot for a detailed view of the theme!
Also don't forget to check out Maverick 8.1 light for Windows 8.1 as well!
• create a Restore Point using System Restore (safety first!)
• patch Windows so you can use 3rd party themes using this tool: uxstyle.com
• install the fonts in the Resources\Fonts folder
• install the theme by copying the content of the Theme folder in "C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\"
• apply the theme from the Personalize panel
• apply the registry settings by running the maverick_8_1_window_metrics.reg file in the Window Metrics folder
• remove the hover glow of the taskbar buttons: System>Advanced Settings>Performance Settings>uncheck Animations in the taskbar
• restart Windows and...
• enjoy using the theme!
• OPTIONAL! narrow vertical taskbar: use 7+ Taskbar Tweaker. Right click on the tray icon>advanced settings and set the no_width_limit = 1
• OPTIONAL! make windows explorer look cool: use OldNewExplorer! Check the option: Use command bar instead of Ribbon.
• CAUTION! the theme only works at default Windows dpi/scale level!
what you get
• one awesome Windows themes: folder Theme
• one matching windows cursor scheme: folder Resources\Cursors
• one amazing wallpaper: folder Resources\Wallpapers
• matching PotPlayer skin: folder Resources\Skins
• menu text color fix for Firefox and Thunderbird: available here
• unlimited support!
• initial release of the visual style.
• the theme works only using the default windows dpi(96dpi)/scale(100%) level.
• dark text on dark background in the explorer breadcrumbs drop down menu. Unfortunately there's no way to fix this without braking other more important elements in the theme. Thank you Microshit!
check this out!
Also make sure you have Windows 8.1 installed and not a different version.
ps. My Pc Cannot run Ubuntu XD And It Looks Greaaat!
Have Good Day!
you work is really awesome
I have bought it . Thank you !!
If you want darker themes there are plenty you can download here on deviantArt.
Don't worry about paying.. just check ur notes for the download link.
Themes don't grow on trees you know. They involve a lot of time and effort.
I know that perfectly, but I also know that the big majority of the themes out there are 100% Free.
So far, the only guy who I saw doing this kinda thing is CleoDesktop :/ ...
Anyways, thank you very very much dude
CleoDesktop is another cup of tea... Don't get me started!
And you're welcome!
my email is firstname.lastname@example.org, Thanks
it seems you didn't follow the exact HowTo instructions. Please make sure you follow each step accordingly and it will work 100%.
it's important to patch your Windows right and then make sure you copy the files in the right place.