01) "How do our allegedly rational and programmed societies function? What moves the populations, what gets them going? Scientific progress, objective information, insight into the facts and causes, the punishment of those truly guilty or the growth of collective happiness? Absolutely not, nobody cares about that. What fascinates everyone is the debauchery of appearances, that reality is always and everywhere debauched by appearances. That's an interesting game, and it's played out in the media, in fashion, in advertising - more generally in the spectacle of technology, of science, of politics - in any spectacle whatsoever. The veritable cont
01) ₮he moolah is the magic key
that opens our society:
people will do all you say,
ev'rythin'll go your way.
02) €v'rybody worships dough,
'cause we all wanna run the show.
Sick'ning greed without restraint,
run the tre'dmill till you faint.
03) Дt the cashbox: five, six, sev'n,
hurry up to make elev'n;
a nickel & two pennies more -
grab y'r bags, rush out the door.
04) ₮urn the tube on: more disasters!
You're a puppet, they're the masters.
If only you could save some green!
You'd finally shake that nagging spleen.
05) Дn'mals crushed industrially,
a fat cat for the pres'dency.
Fodder 'n' Frivolities
A Complaint Against Spectacle Society
Spijs & Spel
Een Aanklacht Tegen De SpektakelSamenleving
Reality by EranFowler (https://www.deviantart.com/eranfowler)
01) "The sun? Conscious? Impossible... How?" 'In a way lower organisms like you have difficulty to grasp. One thought from the source takes longer than a human life. A conversation with other stars takes thousands of your years.' "All the stars are conscious?" A dry laughter resounded. 'Of course. They are the original inhabitants of the cosmos. Without them there would be no organic life, let alone organic consciousness.' - Elian Lazaro, Elysium
02) "I think that modern cosmology took an unfortunate turn several hundred years ago by denying or ignoring the question of function or purpose in the larger cosmos. Biologists recognize the princi