This month, Emily and I are pleased to announce the publication of our book's second edition, which is available to buy here:
If you already own a copy of this book, you won't notice any major changes between the first and second editions. There are no entirely new chapters or diagrams, but astute readers may notice a number of more subtle changes throughout the book. A few of the changes are as follows:
- A few of the diagrams and illustrations have been updated for clarity or accuracy. The most noticeable update is to Emily's illustration of Epidexipteryx, which has been modified to reflect the fact that scansioropterygids are now known to have bat-like wing membranes.
- Several printing errors that were present in the first print run have been corrected. These include a footnote in chapter 5 that the first print run accidentally omitted, and a misprint in a quote in chapter 4 that garbled the quote's meaning.
- The text has been slightly reorganized in a few places for improved clarity.
- Several typos have been fixed throughout the book.
- The cover has been updated in several ways, including the addition of a new quote on the rear cover (from Phil Senter's review in Paleontologica Electronica).
Due to the various corrections, the book's second edition is the version that should be read by anyone else who intends to review it from now on. However, our supply of the book's first edition has nearly sold out, so if you wish to own both versions, I recommend buying a copy of the first version while it's still available.
I also should mention that our book's publisher, Inkwater Press, is getting out of the book distribution business, so the second edition can't be bought from Amazon directly. The second edition is being sold by myself and Emily under the name "Kane & Willoughby books", under the Amazon listing's buying options.