Most folders in the gallery will remain closed. Here is what kind of pieces you will find in each one:Interview Features - submissions not allowed
As part of the events we hold we are conducting interviews with members of the community depending on the theme of the current event. Each interview includes some of the best works by the interviewed artist and a few of them will be submitted to this gallery by the staff team. Love Letter Contest - submissions not allowed
This folder contains the entries in our previous contest called Love Letter. For now we will be creating a new folder for every contest we host. When we become a super group all previous contest entries will be collected in subfolders in one Contests folder with only the current one with its own gallery folder.Down-to-earth Magic Contest - submissions not allowed
Our current contest is called Down-to-earth magic. All entries received by note will be added to this folder manually by our team. Submissions will not be allowed for organizational purposes.Members' Artworks - submissions allowed
This is the folder where you can submit your art to the group. Submissions will be limited to one submission per week per person
. Why do we set such low a limit? Because every
piece submitted to this folder will be included in a weekly news feature
. Once every month
we will issue a feature of the very best pieces
submitted to the gallery for the past month including a short interview with our favourite artist of the month and updates on current events in the group.
Important! Artworks with mature content will not
be allowed for the time being!Featured - submissions not allowed
Every month our team will submit the pieces featured in our monthly feature in this folder. You will be able to see the works we are most proud of but it would be our choice which ones they are. For now at least. Constructive Comment Corner - submissions not allowed
The idea behind the constructive comment corner or CCC is comment trade
. If you would like a constructive comment on a deviation of yours here's what you should do:
1) Open the folder and find a deviation that you can leave a constructive comment on (a constructive comment must be no less than 100 words and should provide useful feedback, critique and suggestions for the artist).
2) Copy the link to your comment and paste it in a comment in the group's gallery alongside one
of your works which needs a constructive comment.
3) If your the comment you've posted is indeed what we deem a constructive comment your deviation will be added to the folder for other members to comment on.
4) Remember, the trade is one comment for one deviation
. If you comment on more than one pieces
in the folder you will be able to submit more of your own pieces
. Each gallery comment should include a link to one
comment on a piece from the CCC folder and one
of your own pieces.
Depending on the number of comments we receive, we'll make regular news articles featuring all the commented works and some of our favourite comments left by our users.
To avoid posting more comment on the same deviation, as soon as a submission receives a comment it will be removed from the folder. The first deviation in the folder will be mine. More deviations will be generously donated by some of the people we have interviewed so far.
What about favourites?
For now we are leaving favourites closed for suggestions. This is the place where we collect our favourite artworks by artists who aren't members of our group. Feel free to look through them and find some favs yourself!
Can I join the staff?
We are in desperate need for volunteers! Here are the positions you can apply for:
1) Favourites collector - part of the contributors team; your task will be submitting quality digital pieces to our favourites. Your application will be accepted or declined based on your own favourites.
2) Feature contributor - part of the contributors team; your task will be taking part in choosing the best artworks for our monthly article giving your opinion about why they should be featured.
3) Event manager - part of the co-founders team; your job will be connected to managing our events i.e. finding people to interview depending on our current event, conducting interviews and surveys, help promoting our events, giving feedback to members regarding the events.
In order to apply, please send the group a note titled "[the position you are applying for] Application". In the note please include: your name, age, origin, mother language (if you don't have a proper command in English your application may be declined), projects or groups you've been involved with, the reason you are applying and how much time you will be able to dedicate to the group.
Thank you for reading!