1.) Post the rules.
2.) Post 8 facts about your character.
3.) Tag 8 other characters.
4.) Post their names along with their creators'.
The character being main character bun from Rabbit Hole. Everything in Rabbit Hole is so vague, but I'll do my best!
I'll use the name "bun" for clarity's sake!
1. There is a backstory for the missing part of bun's ear, but I'm not sure if it'll fit into the comic itself. I'll tell you the story if it won't make in, hehe. But the truth behind that design is as you'd expect.. I wanted you to be able to always recognize the main character! I make sure you see the ear if there are lots of rabbits in the same shot.
2. Bun is a bit emotionless in the first pages after eye change, because I had trouble drawing bun with the new eyes! Bun's empty stare... it haunts me.
3. One of bun's main characteristics is being unsympathetic! I don't think it's that easy to see in the comic itself (maybe?) but it really affects how I write bun! Now that you know it, maybe it'll be easier to spot?
4. Originally the story started in the current Chapter II, so bun was already starving at the start of the comic. I felt like a change in bun needed to happen in the beginning, a reason for fearing the pit, so I added the pages that currently make Chapter I.
5. Bun has no name!
6. It really REALLY bothered me in Chapter II when bun was starving, finally got outside, and went back without eating anything. Even though I drew it hahah, it was so frustrating... eat, you idiot.
7. Bun's ears used to be down almost always until the eye change. Did you notice? So it wasn't just an eye change, but a change of attitude too!
8. I headcanon bun's fur color to be pretty much the same creamy shade that the lightest color in the comic is. But there is no canon palette or anything.
ahh sorry, I couldn't think of 8 people, because I didn't want to drown people in mentions for the same tag.
The Black Nightmare (remake)
It's not a Warriors comic, if you don't like those! But even if it was, it would still be so good. Trust me. So good. TBN is so atmospheric (and unsettling, and dark, and I love it) and it made me feel big emotions, as you'll find out if you check the comment section while reading. I freaking loved reading this, and you can't imagine the emotional turmoil when I hit the latest page. You just want it to keep going and going. Check it out! Get a bit freaked out! Do it. But only if you're okay with one page of gore.
Top 2 best things about this comic:
1. The eyelashes 2. How the animals behave.
LIKE I can't explain it, but you should read it, and you get this feeling like they're wild animals and that they know it. It's so awesome, I've never read animals depicted this well, somehow.. It's what got me into reading this in the first place! I opened a random page and was like "woah why is that character behaving like that". It's because they're animals! With their animal problems!
My pitch for this comic sucks but it's really good and those lashes man. Please check it out!
Legends of Anusia
You giggled at the name, I giggled at the name.. We all giggled at the name, and then we read the comic and it was funny and lovely! I don't get it man, don't people love comics with active upload schedule? LoA has its slow periods but it updates pretty often, but I feel like not enough people are reading it! It's such a nice comic, and it's so well drawn. It deserves everything.
I've read it twice. It's quirky and charming and has a really cool way of introducing new characters (little details are important to me okay). It's about cats and dogs and and a legend! Give it a read! You'll be like "WHAT THE HELL, WILLOW" like I was plenty of times.
What's Your Damage
Okay so to me this is a story about a kid whose had a bad experience with an even worse consequence. And he's also a massive jerk and I do not like him!! He's gotta freaking grow up and accept that people want to help him goddamn you frustrate me so Nimbus. But he has problems and I understand it, Nimbus I UNDERSTAND. I am sorry about what happened why do I keep typing like I'm talking to him.
POINT IS. I think the main character really drives the story, I bet lots of people love him, I dislike his attitude, he makes us feel things. You want to find out what's gonna happen to him! He's such a cute brat. What's your opinion on Nimbus and his cute face? Read the comic to find out!
Alright I gotta stop for now. I concentrated on comics that made me feel big things and also I feel like don't get enough readers. So if your comic is not here, it's not because I don't like it (I bet I actually love it), and I bet it's also on my next one of these if I make more. Even if you don't want it to be.
Does anyone play RoA? Wanna play with meeee send me a comment or note. It plays just like smash bros, if you're familiar with that.
If anyone wants to play with me, let me know! I'd love to practice but it's way scary to challenge random people in the lobby, being as bad as I am.
So I got accepted to the school I applied to! It's for 3D-animation, my favorite thing I'm so happy sobs. I can't believe I actually got in because the first day of my entrance exams went so bad.. or so I thought!
So because of that I'm moving to our capital city soon. I've been stressing over finding an apartment over the last few days, but that's about to be sorted out so there's just some paperwork for school and student benefits and moving and oh god there's lots of stuff isn't there.
Anyway so that's why I might not have the time or energy to work on Rabbit Hole! I want to tweak the next page so I can't upload it as it is. Small break it is!
Alright, see you soon!
1. What got you started drawing comics?
Finnish dog comic websites used to be a big thing when I was young, so I wanted to make my own! So I did, it was about a dog that got dragged into a wolf pack. I think I drew like 8 pages or something. And got stuck in the good old redrawing loop, there's like 5 versions of the first pages.
Here's the main characters ref sheet from 2008 lol:
2. What is your favorite comic that you've read?
It's Homestuck okay. Shut up, shut up!!
All the Ginga main series are definitely up there too. Some others would be Kakukaku Shikajika, My Young Cat and My Old Dog and maybe Kii Kanna's works.
There are so many webcomics that I love but I'd feel bad for leaving anyone out so I'll just mention that the Black Blood Alliance reboot is my favorite at the moment.
3. Has there been a scene so far that has been particularly hard to capture in your current and/or past comics?
No, can't think of anything. I'm thinking my next (possible) comic will have more of those.
4. How long did wait before starting your current comic and/or comics in the past? (i.e. the writing/story development process)
I think I started wanting to make a horror comic about rabbits around 2012 (not sure if it ended up being horror though??). I drew the first version of what eventually became the prologue in the same year.
I always wanted to make it into a full length comic, but it took another year for that to happen, so I started drawing the first chapter (which ended up being chapter 2) in 2013. I was going to finish the comic without uploading it online at all, but in 2015 I was like WHATEVER and started uploading it here. So this would be my 5th year working on Rabbit Hole?? heck thats long. Didn't even realize.
5. If you could have done anything differently when you were starting out, what would it be?
Make sure I had backups of the pages... forever bitter.
I think when I first started with the dog comics I should have done what I do now, which is to just draw the comic and not upload it at first. Like, at least 10-20 pages if it's a long comic. I really truly honestly feel like learning to enjoy making the comic without the immediate reward of attention is important! It also gives you a nice buffer of pages so you can have an upload schedule without too much stress. And if it doesn't work you can just abandon the project without disappointing anyone.
Also never redraw anything if it stops your progress. I've redrawn plenty of Rabbit Hole pages, but I wouldn't if I didn't have the energy to work on old and new stuff at the same time.
6. Who is your favorite character to write?
They're from a comic that I haven't started yet, but I like the main cast a lot! There are some interesting dynamics there. So Saiga, Rani and Rikki.
In Rabbit Hole it would be the friend rabbit with an eye marking!
7. Who is your least favorite character to write?
Can't really say any specific characters but I'm so bad at making supporting characters! How people make comics where the cast is like 10 people, I just don't know. I get tunnel vision and focus on just a few.
8. How drastically did the story change since you started?
For Rabbit Hole there was always rabbits, gloomy atmosphere, someone getting chosen, and the result of getting chosen would entail something that the rabbits found scary! That was what I wanted from the very start.
There haven't been any super drastic changes that I can mention without spoilers, apart from that at first our main bunny was going to be scared of the pit right from the start, instead of getting frightened after almost being chosen... that's not drastic at all, is it.
9. What are the major influences/inspiration for your comic and/or previous comics?
So Rabbit Hole's original idea came from the prologue of this manga called Doubt/Rabbit Doubt. The point was basically that there was a wolf among the rabbits, and they were trying to figure out who the traitor was. I feel like even how my rabbits look is somewhat reminiscent of Doubt.
People have many times told me that Rabbit Hole reminds them of Watership Down, but I've never really gotten familiar with it so it hasn't been an influence for me.
For Little Wolf and Black Cat, I saw a really cute drawing of a black cat in wizard clothes on Tumblr, so I wanted to make a cute wizard story with animals too! I wish I could show the drawing to you but I don't think I could find it.
10. What does your process look like?
For shorter comics like Little Wolf I just made thumbnails for the complete comic first, no written script or anything.
For Rabbit Hole I have a notepad file that has chapter names and some key events that are supposed to happen. For example it says "Chapter 2: Dear > Brother wants to escape" so there's barely anything lol. It's just there to give me structure and help with dividing chapters!
That's the only written script, next step is just to draw thumbnails. I think about my comics a lot, so I usually have a pretty good idea of what I want the page layout and dialogue to be like beforehand. I usually do like 5-10 pages worth of tiny sketchy thumbnails, draw the actual pages, then more thumbnails again. I draw the actual pages with Photoshop in A4 size.
And I'll tag couple people. If any of you are interested, I'd love to read your answers!
01: Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
- Yeah pretty good! I'm super close with my dad. I get along with my mom really well too, but I see and speak to her less.
02: Who did you last say “I love you” to?
- Maybe Laura. Can't remember, honestly.
03: Do you regret anything?
- Yeah, mostly not standing up for myself in the past.
04: Are you insecure?
05: What is your relationship status?
06: How do you want to die?
- I don't know. On my own terms maybe.
07: What did you last eat?
- I'm eating mashed potatoes atm. Put too much pepper in. u__u
08: Played any sports?
09: Do you bite your nails?
- Yeah, always have. I've tried to stop but haven't been able to yet.
10: When was your last physical fight?
- Never been in a fight!
11: Do you like someone?
- I think so.
12: Have you ever stayed up 48 hours?
- Nooo way.
13: Do you hate anyone at the moment?
- Oh definitely. One person.
14: Do you miss someone?
- Not really.
15: Have any pets?
- Nemo, my lovely dog.
16: How exactly are you feeling at the moment?
- A bit nervous, also my food is burning my mouth ahh. Thinking about tomorrow.
17: Ever made out in the bathroom?
18: Are you scared of spiders?
- Yeah, not as much as I used to. I won't freak out! Maybe..
19: Would you go back in time if you were given the chance?
- Mmmmmmmmmyeah, sure, why not.
20: Where was the last place you snogged someone?
- Can't remember, but most likely Laura's room.
21: What are your plans for this weekend?
- No plans.
22: Do you want to have kids? How many?
- I don't.
23: Do you have piercings? How many?
- Used to have my ears pierced but they're probably healed by now.
24: What is/are/were your best subject(s)?
25: Do you miss anyone from your past?
26: What are you craving right now?
- Structure in my shitty life
27: Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
28: Have you ever been cheated on?
29: Have you made a boyfriend/girlfriend cry?
30: What’s irritating you right now?
- My computer is having all kinds of problems!
31: Does somebody love you?
- Not romantically.
32: What is your favourite color?
- Don't know
33: Do you have trust issues?
- Trust no-one!
34: Who/what was your last dream about?
- Some dogs that were as big as a giraffe and I was kinda smug because I knew about them and Laura didn't. She knows a lot about dogs so I was like "HA I knew a breed that you didn't".
35: Who was the last person you cried in front of?
- Hmöää don't remember.
36: Do you give out second chances too easily?
37: Is it easier to forgive or forget?
38: Is this year the best year of your life?
- It better be!
39: How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Like maybe something along the lines of 9-10?
40: Have you ever walked outside completely naked?
41: Favourite food?
- Curry that my sister makes.
42: Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
- I don't really have an opinion about this.
43: What is the last thing you did before you went to bed last night?
- Drew Rabbit Hole.
44: Is cheating ever okay?
45: Are you mean?
- I can be!
46: How many people have you fist fought?
47: Do you believe in true love?
- Again, no opinion.
48: Favourite weather?
- Sunny and warm summer.
49: Do you like the snow?
50: Do you wanna get married?
51: Is it cute when a boy/girl calls you baby?
52: What makes you happy?
53: Would you change your name?
54: Would it be hard to kiss the last person you kissed?
55: Your best friend of the opposite gender likes you, what do you do?
- I'd be kinda honored, they're really cool! But I'd also be like uh don't you have a boyfriend.
56: Do you have a friend of the opposite gender who you can act your complete self around?
57: Who was the last person of the opposite gender you talked to?
- Jesse and Riku
58: Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
- I'm deep with no-one.
59: Do you believe in soulmates?
Jos improt ja koirasarjikset kiinnostaa, Kirottua!-improssa on piirtäjähaku käynnissä. Hakuaikaa on kuukauden verran ja sivustolta pitäisi löytyä kaikki tarpeellinen info.
I went to check how many pages I actually lost because I've been avoiding it until now ha. And 7 pages that I had a copy on are corrupted?? Come on! But they are all pages I've already uploaded so whatever. So, to what I actually lost.
On the chapter that I'm currently uploading I lost pages 64-74.
And pages 91-94.
So there's 15 pages I have to redraw. Chapter 5 is clearly cursed, I've redrawn it 2 times before.
I'll try to get back to drawing RH next month. These things happen I guess. (damnit damnit damnit!!) I've been avoiding replying to comments as well, I'll get back to that too. Sorry! Didn't want to think about my comic.
The external hard drive that had all my files, drawing, comics, everything, got busted. I do have some backups from a few months back or something, but still, I lost about 10 pages of RH. The chapter I'm uploading right now is gone, so I can't update at all.
I know 10 pages might not sounds like much, but it is much, because I've done it once! It's tough if I have to do it again. Its going to be hard to feel like they were as good as the original ones. I don't want to redraw them.
I did take the hard drive to a company that recovers files, but it will take weeks, they said. It's also going to be fucking expensive, damnit!! But only if they can recover the files. At first they gave me 60-70% chance of getting the files back, and today 90%. Even though nothing changed between those phone calls except me giving the okay to order expensive spare parts? It's good that they're optimistic I guess! I'm still not.
But yeah, if I get the files back we will be on break for couple of weeks. And if not, we will be on break until forever HA HA. No, until I can get myself to redraw the pages again.
I'm trying not to think too hard of everything the poor guy will see if he recovers my stuff. Also the hard drive's name is Kebab. God.
Muutin about kk sitten Joensuuhun, ja nyt pohdin asuuko täälläpäin Devalaisia meebi? Jos näin on ja tahot kenties tutustua niin laita vaikka notea nii voiaan sopia jos vaikka tavattais jne!
Yes, kiitos. u v u Sayonara.
Sorry for ignoring you here. :c I'll try to answer messages and be more active. I'd like to start uploading Rabbit Hole again too.
So I haven't really been checking DeviantART as of late. I was just feeling kinda overwhelmed with internet related stuff and responsibilities, and felt a little tied up. So I took a break and feel better now. I have over 1000 notifications and like 10 notes that I haven't checked. >A< I'll try to clear them soon.
I'll also try to start updating The Rabbit Hole again! The next couple of pages have been difficult for me because their dialogue and character motivations have changed since I first drew them, and I'm scared I'll write something that won't fit with stuff that happens later. :v I've been worrying about that a lot, but I'll try to get past it.
Sorry for being gone and not letting you know. :C And for not answering comments, I'll reply to them all! See you. :>
Next week I'm going back to the town where my school is, and getting settled into my new apartment. ´v` So it might take a while before I can upload new pages for The Rabbit Hole.
Thank you for your patience! I'm so exited that school is going to start again soon. >v<
Sorry, this is about a Finnish jam comic!
Olen vain heikko, heikko ihminen, joka tykkää improista!!
Joten tein neljännen. Aha ha ha. Jos kukaan teistä tietää tai muistaa ensimmäistä improani, Kuolemattomia, niin teillä on käsitys mistä Elottomat kertoo. Eli siis kuolleista koirista jotka ovat jääneet jumiin Limboon!
Kaikki Loukun, Kirotun tai Kapinan piirtäjätkin ovat tervetulleita hakemaan muiden mukana! Ajattelin ottaa ehkä 5-7 piirtäjää, riippuen siitä miten moni hakee. Toivottavasti saataisiin edes 5 kasaan. ;w; Ääks.
> Elottomat <
Etusivulta löytyy (toivottavasti) selkeät ohjeet, että pääsette alkuun! Kysymyksiä saa kysyä vieraskirjassa tai vaikka tähän kommentoimalla.
Sarjakuva-osiosta löytyy 3 sivua sarjakuvaa, jos tahdotte sillä tapaa tutustua!
Ruekine told me to do a gallup so okay.
1. What does your Deviantart name mean and why?
It doesn't mean anything. I mixed up the finnish word "mehutetra" which means like those little juice cans. I had one on my table when thinking of a name so there we go...
2. What fandom were you obsessed with when you joined and what are you into now?
Kingdom Hearts. I used to watch mostly KH-artists.. front page was filled with them too. And I liked Super Smash Bros. And Ginga.
Now uhh anime, I guess. Hunter x Hunter. Ginga and SSB are still going strong, too!
3. How many watchers do you have now?
5810, awwww thanks! ;w; <3
6. Do you participate in clubs' contests here on dA?
7. What is your most popular submission?
8. What are your favorite non-anime TV shows?
I mostly watch crime documentaries. I like Solved, Australian Crime Investigation, Stalked, Unusual Suspects and all that!
Normal shows that I like are The Office, Supernatural and The Walking Dead.
9. What are the things you wish you could draw better?
Humans and perspective. Complex things
10. Summer or winter?
11. Rain or Sun?
12. What's your favourite type of music?
Soundtracks. I prefer people speaking over music.
13. PC or Mac
14. Anime or Manga?
15. Coke or Pepsi?
16. Read or TV?
17. How many hours a day do you spend on dA?
I check it pretty often but I stay like 5 minutes at a time. Maybe like and hour or two.
18. Name a talent.
ASMR! That's not a talent, is it. UHH uhhh. OH I know! Giving people nicknames and forever calling them with those.
19. Flash or traditional cartoons?
20. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
McDonalds. Or RAX... ö3ö All you can eat...
21. What are your top 3 favorite books?(not mangas)
*Nervous sweat* I don't read books. SORRY. D:
22. Wii or PlayStation?
Wii. It let's you play GameCube games.. u w u And has Brawl.
23. Name 3 of your favorite bands/singers.
Don't have any. D:
24. Are you a fast, slow, or medium typer?
Pretty fast, I think. But maybe I'm really not.
25. Do you like Denny's?
I dunno what that is. ö w ö
26. What is your favorite smiley?
`v´ ;-; o w o Ö-Ö
27. What is your favorite type of pie?
28. Have you ever stayed up for 24 hours?
Nnno. : D I would be dead.
29. Do you go on dA a lot?
30. Are you a member on any other sites besides DA?
Tumblr, Youtube, Facebook, MAL, some forums.
31. Do you cosplay?
32. Fruits or sweets?
33. Buttered, plain, or salted popcorn?
34. Have you skipped school?
I skipped a lot in all my previous schools. But not on this one, I love it too much. u w u
35. Have you been on a plane?
Yes! Not for many years though.
36. Have you swam in an ocean?
37. Have you been ice skating?
Yes, though I'm very bad at it...
38. Favorite vacation spot?
39. Ever been on TV?
40. Favorite salad and dressing?
Ueee I dunno. Normal.. kind...
41. What do you do to relax?
Draw, or read manga.
42. What is the last film you saw in the theater?
It was... uhhh.
43. Favorite Sandwich?
Cheese, lettuce, cucumber and mayonnase.
44. If you could go anywhere in the world…
Space. I dunno.
45. Favorite time of the day?
Maybe 2pm. Or 6pm when I'm with friends. *w*
46. What did you want to be when you were little?
A wife... :>
47. What do you want to be now?
Do game graphics! I don't know what I'd like to specialize in yet, but I think animation or character modelling.
48. If you could eat with one person, who would it be?
Oh I thought the question said who would I eat. :>
Riikka is trying to make me say Robbie Williams but no. I'd eat with. My dad. Or Pikachu.
49. What character would you hate to be stuck in a room with?
A sim. They would just piss themselves and yell nonsense at me.
50. When is your birthday?
51. Favourite type of ice cream?
52. Last book you read?
Escape from Camp 14.
53. Which store would you max out a credit card at?
54. Do you buy / sell / both on eBay.
55. What is the most annoying thing people ask you?
"Come again? What was that?"
56. Favourite all time movie?
I don't have one!
57. What was your favourite show when you were a kid?
58. What are you listening to right now?
Riikka telling me how to answer these.
59. What is the last thing you ate?
Rice! And chicken curry.
60. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
61. What is the first thing you notice about another person?
Attitude, voice and weight.
62. Favorite sport to play?
63. Favorite Day of the Year?
ö3ö Mmee first day of the year? New start and all that.
64. Hugs or Kisses?
HUGS are warm and nice and soft.
65. Vanilla or Chocolate?
66. Favorite Board Game?
Alias or Trivial Putsuit. I'm better at Alias. >'D
67. Favorite smells?
Gasoline and exhaust fumes. And old cellars. Boiler rooms!
68. What inspires you?
Art from another people, tecnology.
69. Do you have any piercings?
No. I had in my ears but they are gone.
70. How many siblings do you have?
One big brother, two little sisters and two big sisters!
71. Bacon Bits or Croutons?
Croutons I guess. I've never had bacon.
72. Favorite Day of the Week?
73. Favorite phrase?
Ano, Oono deskedo. (put any word in the place of Oono)
Ore wa Uno desu.
Henna! Ei mun pitäny satuttaa.
Jumalauta ei helvetti.
74. Favorite Restaurant?
RAX hha ha hahah.
75. Favorite animal?
76. Favorite thing to do outside?
Walking Nemo. u w u
77. Favorite thing to do when it's raining?
Being on the computer or with friends.
78. Favorite Disney character?
79. Do you like coffee? If so, what is your favorite brand?
Hold on I just want the badge.
UM but when I first joined dA as Detrah I had my own active home page, so I didn't really care what I put here and stuff... ö-ö Things changed after I got to know Ruekine (or Tydii) as she was then.
And stuff IS THIS ENOUGH DO I GET THE BADGE.
Don't take my badge okay look here are the features: