𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗻𝘁𝘀 & 𝗙𝗶𝗹𝗲𝘀, 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀
I am open to commissions. Prices for my larger files for sale on this site are based on the size and quality of the file. They also have a CC-BY-NC-SA license with a request. I have some older, better quality prints of my historical warriors series available for sale to anyone who asks.
I am one of the remaining earliest Elfwood
members, working on uploading my gallery. I am inspired by people, (sur)realism, British, Oklahoman, Pacific NW USA nature; ancient (mediaeval, (neo)classical, renaissance) eras (Phidias, Polykleitos, Lysippos, Phidias, Scopas, Praxiteles, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo Buonaratti, Rembrandt van Rijn, Pre-raphaelites,) impressionism/pointillism & expressionism, brandywine school (Howard Pyle, the Wyeths; ) symbolism & art nouveau (John Duncan, Ivan Bilibin; ) old Disney (Marc Davis & Glen Keane, ...,) Alfred Bestall and Hal Foster and their captionless comics Rupert (also symmetric) and Prince Valiant, respectively, various 1930s - '80s comics artists, Alan Lee; Howard David Johnson; Frank Frazetta; Boris Vallejo & Julie Bell; Larry Elmore; Jeff Easley; Fred Fields; Bros. Hildebrandt; Clyde Caldwell; Ken Kelly; Michael Whelan; Keith Parkinson; many other old school D&D artists, Rowena Morrill; Alex Ross; Cam Kennedy, Barry Windsor-Smith.
My main art/literature/role-playing game characters are classic D&D-type elves: Darwin & Marian. Human characters, are: a knight (Conan/Arthur,) thief (Alaric/Tyran/Robert,) mystic (Elric/Talien/Richard,) druidess (Sonja/Guinevere), witch (Kira/Eleanor,) priestess (Valeria/Marian.) I have imagined different worlds for games, and sometimes the characters are similar, and sometimes different.
I was born vegan (total vegetarian.) My art is mathematical/scientific/philosophical/spiritual, realist/naturalist. I sign 'Chmelik' (the original Bohemian spelling.) I am also a musician
, mathematician/computer scientist who likes philosophy such as copyleft
Most my art is under a 'creative commons share-alike non-commercial licence:' non-commercially, you can share it and create works based on them that must be under a 'creative commons share-alike non-commercial licence,' but read the 'CC' link by each piece for details.
𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗱𝗔 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗤&𝗔
• current residence: Spokane, Washington state, USA
• favourite genres of music: traditional (ethnic/'folk'/world, Classical,) ambient/trance/Goa, classic rock, happy hardcore rave, discofunk, jazz/hip-hop/reggae/jungle
• favourite style of art: (neo)classical, renaissance, impressionism, non-abstract expressionism, symbolism, pre-raphaelite, brandywine, (sur)realism, futurism, demoscene
• operating system: GNU/Linux, BSD
• MP3 player of choice: software: Open Cubic Player
• shell of choice: (k|ba)sh
• wallpaper of choice: architecture, European (such as Classical Athena) art, my art, philosophical art, SF&F art, KDE background setting to look like a sky (gradient)
• favourite cartoon character: Athena, Perseus, Lucifer, Mandrake, Zatara & Zatanna, Doctor Fate, Trenchcoat Brigade (Doctor Occult, Constantine Hellblazer, Phantom Stranger, Mister E,) Timothy Hunter, Doctor Strange, Rupert, Heracles, Iliad & Odyssey heroes, King Arthur & The Knights of The Round Table, The Merry Men & Robin Hood, Wonder Woman & Troia, Green Arrow & Green Lantern, Batman, Kal-L, Spock, Saavik, Luke Skywalker & the Solos, Qui-gon Jinn, Ben Kenobi, Dan Dare, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon & Dale Arden, Batgirl, Supergirl, Raven, Scarlet Witch
• personal quote: I am, therefore I can think.
Below, 'friends' refers to in real life (IRL) or sometimes
from older Internet areas such as Relay Chat (IRC.)
Favourite Visual Artist
Michelangelo, Leonardo, Waterhouse, Pyle, Wyeths, Ambrus, Alan Lee, Howard Johnson, Cam Kennedy, Alex Ross, Mauro Cascioli
Iliad, Troy, Odyssey, 300, Alexander The Great, Robin Hood (1900s,) Star Trek #1 - #10
Favourite TV Shows
Battle of The Planets, Constantine, Lucifer, Star Trek & The Next Generation
Favourite Bands / Musical Artists
Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Ravi Shankar, Astral Projection, Asian Stars, Naure Said, Chuck Berry, Elvis, Beatles, DJ Shadow, Dillinja
epics, Mabinogion, Child's Ballads: Robin Hood, Eddas, Pythagorean Sourcebook, Plato's dialogues, Monadology, the God Series, the Truth Series
Hesiod, Apollodorus, Apollonius, Homer, Pythagoras, Vyasa, Mahavira, Lao-tzu, Mo-tzu, Plato, Aristotle, Plotinus, Descartes, Leibniz, Mike Hockney, Michael Faust, Adam Weishaupt & etc.
chess, go, D&D - AD&D 2nd ed., GURPS, Dangerous Journyes: Mythus, roguelikes
Favourite Gaming Platform
table, mat/dojo, track & field
Tools of the Trade
about everything but marble and cast metal
philosophy, science/mathematics, music