I got tagged by WhisakedJak
for the "8 Facts" meme.
The rules are:
1. Post all rules
2. Write 8 facts about your character
3. Tag 8 people
4. Write the name of the character with its owner.
The subject: Tetsuko Breckenridge. I'll try to cover facts that haven't been established or revealed in either the comics or the 30-day OC Challenge
1. Tetsuko loves to sing, but isn't very good at it. While her speaking voice is very pleasant, her singing tends to be somewhat off-key, and she doesn't have much range.
2. She does not play any musical instruments. She'd love to learn, although (like me) she can't settle on which one to take up. And her lack of spare time mitigates against her being able to learn and master an instrument to the level she wants.
3. She loves to dance, and actually has an instinctive talent for it. She studied belly-dancing in her late-teens to about the time she entered college, becoming good enough to entertain friends at parties and the like, though maybe not quite good enough to be professional level; and once again, time pressures have caused her to forego formal training in belly-dance (although she still practices what she's learned).
4. She cannot get drunk; her hyper-active metabolism processes alcohol so quickly it has little time to affect her brain. She can "drink you under the table" and experience nothing more than a mild buzz. So she doesn't really indulge in alcoholic beverages very often, because she can't feel the effects most people drink to experience, and she particularly can't stand the taste of beer.
5. Although she's invulnerable to almost all injury, she can still feel pain; she and Sonya estimate she feels about half the pain a "normal" human would feel when struck. So when she's being shot, and the bullets are bouncing off her invulnerable body, she won't be saying "Tee hee, that tickles!", but more likely "OWW! That smarts!" and it'll piss her off (to the detriment of whoever's shooting at her!). Over time, she's learned to anticipate the pain, and control her reactions to it so that it won't be obvious (most of the time) that she's feeling pain, but it's still there. This is why, when she needs to punch through a door or a wall, she'll prefer to use some sort of object as a "battering ram" driven by her superhuman strength rather than her fists (because it HURTS when she punches through a wall!)
6. Although (or maybe because) she was raised in Japan, she much prefers American food to Japanese. The 30-day challenge has already noted her favorite food is the Monte Cristo sandwich; she's also fond of pizza and bacon cheeseburgers.
7. Speaking of food: something I haven't been able to establish in the comics to my satisfaction is the fact that her aforementioned high metabolism means she's almost always feeling at least mildly hungry, and is almost always eating something.
Between meals (six a day, most times) she tries to keep her snacks healthy, but if there's nothing like that available, then potato chips and ice cream are definitely in danger...
8. Sometimes she feels somewhat guilty over not having "earned" her incredible strength and stunning physique through the hard work that "normal" bodybuilders and strength athletes must put in to achieve their results; so she has great admiration for those women (and men) who've achieved their goals through hard training and dedication.
The Spirit Corsairpumpmonger1
(his choice: Nathifa or Jade)Jebriodo
Lucy "Indra" GilchristBlackKusanagi