Major Timothy Torrance looked at the young Lieutenant at the intelligence station. He didn't remember the name of the young man, he was the newcomer in his crew. Aboard the USNASF spaceship Edison, the crew was not simply a crew but a family. The young Lieutenant was not a member of the family, anything but. He had to earn the right to become one of them, a veteran spaceship crew of the United States of North American Air and Space Force. As things were, maybe he'll earn it with his baptism by fire.
- It's a Soviet ship, Sir. the Lieutenant said. His name was Michaelson, Torrance quickly checked the nameplate on his spacesuit Outbound for Jupiter.
- As if the Russkies have any excuse for going that far. Captain Randy DiAngelo hissed in annoyance.
- They have Warp drive now, we just can't restrict them. Torrance shrugged his shoulders.
- We nuked Moscow. We nuked Baikonur. We nuked bloody Star City dammit, and still
- Enough of that, Randy! Torr