Name: Evangeline A.K. McDowell (Alias: Yukihime)
Age: Over 700+ Years
Race: Human (former)/ Vampire
Nicknames: "Dark Evangel", "Doll Master", "Maga Nosferatu", etc.
Occupation: Teacher (former)/ UQ Holder Leader
- Turn into a vampire at the age of 10 and has lived for centuries.
- Has been known and feared by all people and creature for centuries.
- Was trained by the "Witch of the Rift" Dana Ananga Jagannatha.
- Was saved by the Thousand Master, Nagi Springfield, then pursued him mercilessly out of love thereafter until he managed to shake her off. She also apparently spent some time with the Thousand Master's Ala Rubra group.
- Was still strong despite being confined by the Thousand Master curse to the grounds of Mahora Academy and put in place a barrier to restrict her abilities.
- Evangeline attempts to obtain Negi's blood and free herself from the curse, but as she cannot regularly access her power, she is eventually defeated.
- Eva defeated Fate and the demon god Ryomen Sukuna no Kami during the Kyoto Field Trip Arc.
- Become Negi Master and teacher in learning the "Magia Erebea" style.
- Evangeline forcefully made Asuna her third apprentice.
- Easily fought against the three Fate's.
- In Evangeline's Resort, both Negi and Asuna fought against Evangeline began their battle to test their new powers against Evangeline.
- She, like the rest of the class, assisted Negi in saving Nagi and defeating the Mage of the Beginning.
- She had obtained her freedom after later in the Epilogue.
- At a certain point she created UQ Holder, a family of all types of immortals.
- Two years prior to the story Touta's parents died in a crash, she saved Touta by his parents request and turned him into a vampire.
- Yukihime arrive and easily threaten Strong Hand to withdraw with her power.
- Fought against Fate (UQ Holder) and made him submit to surrender.
- Of note is the fact that while Evangeline A.K. McDowell does not have any of the weaknesses of a vampire; she still makes use of vampirism to empower herself. Before being cursed, she wielded near-omnipotent magic power, which was likely what prevented any aging. However, the Infernus Scholasticus (School Hell) curse placed upon her by Nagi sealed most of that magic power away, leaving her extremely vulnerable. Judging by her physical weaknesses, it can probably be assumed that Evangeline's magical powers probably boosted her physical capabilities. However, upon losing them, her body, which was now more dependent on magic, became far more susceptible to disease than that of an ordinary human, evident in her constant bouts of allergies and hay fever. In fact, it appears the only thing the remaining magic seems to do is prevent her from aging.
- In an attempt to counter this, Evangeline has taken to many different techniques to boost her magical capabilities. The first is her use of catalysts that reduce the drain each spell cast has upon her. The second is vampirism, in which the magical power within the blood is consumed, rather than the blood itself. Thus, Evangeline can keep herself from becoming sick, and allow herself to use stronger magic by drinking the blood of someone with significant magic power. This can also explain why Evangeline is significantly healthier and capable of stronger magic later on in the series.
- As a dark mage and vampire, Evangeline specializes in Ice-Type Magic and Dark-Type Magic, and is shown to be incredibly and near omnipotently powerful once in her full capacities. This is shown in her easy win over both Fate Averruncus and the demon-god Sukuna. Even devoid of her magical powers, she is still a very skilled fighter and can effortlessly take down a man twice her size, largely due to her mastery of the Japanese martial art Aikido. It is implied that Evangeline learned the art from its creator Morihei Ueshiba himself, as she casually referred to having "picked it up from that old geezer when I came to Japan 80 years ago." Such is her degree of mastery in Aikido that she is able to easily overcome already fearsome warriors like Setsuna with her physical abilities alone (though that may be because Setsuna at the time was hesitant to strike at the body of a 'child'). Her title of Doll (or Puppet) Master stems from the fact that, not only is she able to animate dolls, but she can also control people against their will as if they were puppets, both through her vampiric powers, as well as threads that she can manipulate to ensnare others, controlling them in the same manner as a marionette. Most recently, her forbidden technique called Magia Erebea has been learned by Negi.
- In addition to these abilities she also has the powers of a Shinso vampire, which includes extremely fast regeneration and flight. She displayed it in Chapter 52 after being impaled by a spear of rock but then converting her body to a swarm of bats that reformed completely healed behind Fate Averruncus. She later said it is very tiring, but a vampire, especially a Shinso vampire, cannot be hurt by physical means such as a sword or a gun.
- Despite having lived for centuries though, Evangeline never learned how to swim, which left her in danger of drowning after her defeat to Negi; fortunately he managed to fly them both to safety.
- Biological Immortality & Regenerative Factor: As a vampire, Yukihime gained eternal life as well as eternal youth; she is literally incapable of dying through natural means. Yukihime's immortality is one of the strongest types in existence: it grants her a very powerful healing factor in addition to her eternal life. A very powerful regeneration healing factor, Yukihime's ability works at a supernatural rate as she can regenerate from almost any injury and reattach limbs, such as her head and her arms, without being encumbered by the wounds.
- Master Mage: Yukihime is a master mage that specializes in ice-based spells and dark magic, and is shown to be incredibly powerful once in her full capacities. She is able to cast ice spells with high destructive power with no difficulty. She also has a high level magic barrier around her at times. She was also the master of the most powerful mage of all time, Negi Springfield. In one battle, she was able to duel Fate Averruncus, who is considered equally as powerful as Negi Springfield, to a stalemate.
- Master Martial Artist: Though a mage is not known to possess much physical ability, she adapted to using physical combat. She's able to outmatch match Touta in hand-to-hand combat. Being devoid of her magical powers at one time she learned martial arts. She is a very skilled fighter and can effortlessly take down a man twice her size, largely due to her mastery of the Japanese martial art Aikido. It is implied that Yukihime learnt the art from its creator Morihei Ueshiba himself, as she casually referred to having "picked it up from that old geezer when I came to Japan 80 years ago."
- Nivis Casus (氷爆 （ニヴィス・カースス）, Hyōbaku (Nivisu Kāsusu); English "Avalanche"): A highly lethal attack spell which instantaneously creates and launches a large-volume avalanche of snow at the target, causing blunt trauma, frostbite, and at close range, hypothermia – assuming you’re not frozen outright or swept away.
- Crystallitatio Tellustris (凍る大地 （クリュスタリザティオー・テルストリス）, Kōru Daichi (Kurisutarizatiō Teresutorisu); English "Frozen Earth"): This spell causes all moisture near the earth's surface to instantly freeze, causing jagged pillars of ice to jut up from the ground. If not dodged effectively, the opponent's feet will likewise be frozen to the spot, immobilizing them. Evangeline used this spell against Negi to knock him out of the air during their fight, the ice pillars being a navigation hazard to low-flying objects.
- Dios Tukos (雷の斧(ディオス・テュコス), Kaminari no Ono (Diosu Tyukosu); English "Axe of Lightning"): A medium-range but powerful Lightning-element attack that is invoked in Ancient Greek (pronounced Dios Tukos), as opposed to Latin. The caster makes a downward-sweeping motion and hits the target with a massive electrical attack.
- Sagitta Magica (魔法の射手 （サギタ・マギカ）, Mahō no Shashu (Sagita Magika); English "Magic Archer"): One of the most basic attack spells, but also very versatile. The caster creates a number of elemental magic missiles and fires them at the target. The number can vary from just one to at least a hundred and ninety-nine arrows, but in the manga is usually a prime number. The missiles have a homing capability, and will track and follow their target at the direction of the caster. Normally, the attack fires in a widespread swarm, similar to an artillery shrapnel shell striking the target from multiple angles, but the caster, by substituting Convergentia for Series, can combine the arrows into a single larger bolt, which is easier to avoid, but hits that much harder. Evangeline primarily uses:
- Series Glacialis (連弾・氷の17矢(セリエス・グラキアーリス), Rendan - Kōri no 17-Ya (Seriesu Gurakiārisu) ; English "Ice Arrows"): Causes piercing and blunt damage
- Series Obscuri (連弾・闇の29矢(セリエスオブスクーリー), Rendan - Yami no 29-Ya (Seriesu Obusukūrī); English "Dark Arrows"): Causes explosive damage.
- Ensis Exsequens (断罪の剣 （エンシス・エクセクエンス）, Danzai no Tsurugi (Enshisu Ekusekuensu); English "Sword of Conviction"): A high-level attack spell used by Evangeline and Negi, so far shown to be unincanted. When invoked, the caster's desired hand is wrapped with magical energy, which stabs outward in the direction of the outstretched fingertips in the rough approximate form of a blade. In terms of its effects, Ensis Exsequens causes damage by instantly converting matter from a solid (or liquid) into a gas, via a violent phase transition in order to attack its target; any living opponent caught within such an effect would thus be instantly vaporized and killed. As such a phase transition also absorbs an incredible amount of heat energy in the process, the surrounding area as the spell plummets in temperature as a direct result, causing this spell to actually be a two-stage attack – if the target were to be able to avoid instant vaporization via instantaneous phase transition, they would still have to deal with the extreme low temperature left in the spell's wake to deal with. Most magic that utilizes cold does so by lowering the temperature of an object, creating a corresponding condensation and freezing effect. Ensis Exsequens, on the other hand, causes extreme cold by initiating phase transition by means of the sudden transformation of solids into gases. As a result, this spell cannot be considered an Ice-element spell. For spells as high level as this, only mages of Evangeline's ability (or above) would be able to master it.
- Iaculatio Grandinis (氷槍弾雨（ヤクラーティオー・グランディニス）, Hyōsō Dan'u (Yakurātiō Gurandinisu); English "Hailstone Spear Throw"): An attack spell which summons and shoots down dense packs of ice spears. Individually, each warhead is more powerful than regular ice projectiles; however, because it takes the physical form of spears, the practical applications of this spell are limited by ballistics.The ice variant of Iaculatio Fulgoris.
- Kosmike Katastrofe (“おわるせかい”（コズミケー・カタストロフェー）, “Owaru Sekai” (Kozumikē Katasutorofē); English "End Of The World"): A high-level spell incanted in Ancient Greek by Evangeline to defeat the Demon-God Sukuna (Ryômen Sukuna no Kami) during the climax of the Kyoto arc. An Ice-based spell that creates a 150-square foot area of absolute zero temperatures (−273.15 °C). At such extreme temperatures, events which do not normally occur in nature begin to happen, such as breakdowns on atomic level and super conductivity. For an Ice Mage, lowering temperature may seem to be a simple enough operation, but to so completely bypass the Laws of Thermodynamics as this spell does, requires an incredible amount of magical ability.
- Malleus Aquilonis (氷神の戦鎚（マレウス・アクイローニス）, Hyōjin no Sentsui (Mareusu Akuirōnisu); English "Hammer of the Ice God"): An attack spell which crushes the target with a giant mass of ice. The creation and manipulation of ice being the cornerstone of cold-based magic, this is an extremely simple spell, its only real advantage being the massive force it can bring down on the target. So far, the incantation for this spell has not been revealed.
- Nivis Tempestas Obscurans (闇の吹雪（ニヴィス・テンペスタース・オブスクランス）, Yami no Fubuki (Nivisu Tenpesutāsu Obusukuransu); English "Snowstorm of Darkness"): An Ice and Dark Magic spell used by Evangeline, of roughly the same level and type as Iovis Tempstas Fulguriens, based on the style of its incantation.
- Gelidus Capulus (凍てつく氷柩（ゲリドゥスカプルス）, Itetsuku Hyōkyū (Geridusu Kapurusu); English "Freezing Ice Coffin"): It seems to be a similar spell to Crystallizatio Tellustris, creating a giant icicle from a bounded field placed on the ground. The pillar then completely encases and traps the target, similar to the effect of Kosmike Krustallopegia.
- Reflexio (氷盾 （レフレクシオー）, Hyōjun (Refurekushiō); English "Ice Shield"): An Ice spell which creates a shield made of ice.
- Aperantos Leukos Ouranos (終わりなく白き九天（アペラントス・レウコス・ウラノス）, Owarinaku Shiroki Kyūten (Aperantosu Reukosu Uranosu); English "Endless Nine White Heavens"): An Ice/Lightning original spell of Evangeline she developed to capture Averruncus and similar puppets/constructs after her fight with Fate, and of the same tier as End of the World (and thus either in Sanskrit or Ancient Greek). It creates vines of frozen Lightning homing in on any target that is not completely "real". By freezing them and continuously freezing the surroundings, she can bypass the problem of breaking through the multi-barrier the disciples of the Life-Maker use. Her targets are also completely conscious while frozen, in order to torture them forever. However, as it targets constructs, it is believed to be ineffective against actual humans, although she did target Jack Rakan with the spell.
- Shundo (瞬動, Shundō): A movement technique that allows the user to move faster than the eye can follow. This is used by concentrating ki or magic power into the feet to get from point A to point B in the least amount of steps. It's important when going from point A to point B that you hold to the ground with the inside of your feet, or you will simply trip.
- Barrier: Yukihime uses this spell to block the physical attacks of Touta and his friends. Depending on the way she uses it, the opponent may also end up being thrown away as shown when she used it to repel one of Touta's attack.
- Ice Spear Magic: After Yukihime recites the incantation, a magical seal appears, creating numerous spears of ice that Yukihime can freely direct at her target. Yukihime described this magic to be the "real deal", an ancient magic, something that no Magic Apps are capable of. Upon witnessing this, Kuroumaru acknowledged Yukihime's real power. With this magic, Yukihime was also capable of effortlessly destroying the weaponry of the private army of immortal hunters.
- Ice Wall: Yukihime has shown an ability to instantly create a wall of ice at any location, even from a considerable distance. This wall was strong enough to defend Touta against the private army's special bullets, leaving the wall without any signs of considerable damage.
- Magia Erebea (闇の魔法「マギア・エレベア」, Yami no Mahō; Literally "Dark Magic") is a forbidden technique created by Evangeline A.K McDowell over a period of 10 years, in which the user absorbs offensive magic designed to harm the enemy into his own body, to the point where it fuses with their very soul. The technique feeds on the user's body and soul, but in return the user gains power many times that of any ordinary person.
- It works by absorbing the spells into the caster and gaining properties of that same spell. The spell Magia Erebea harnesses the spell's energy and once absorbed by the caster, it is fused directly to the caster's soul. With the insanity of absorbing one’s own offensive magic and allowing it to devour the soul and body, the mage gains incredible power many times beyond normal.
- ΚΡΥΣΤΑΛΛΙΝΗ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΙΑ (氷の女王, Kōri no Jo'ō, Literally "Queen of Ice") is Evangeline's own Magia Erebea by absorbing "Ice Majesty of a Thousand Years". Once absorbing the technique, Evangeline's body seems to be emitting a glow similar to Negi in "Great Vigor" form. Behind her is a flower of ice that seems to power up her Ice abilities. Other abilities seem to be the ability to freeze everything surrounding Evangeline. Eva's Armatione allows her to fire any Ice Element spells below High Class Levels, with no incantations and restrictions whatsoever, practically making her invincible.
- Grants the caster immense power and strength depending on which spell is used for enhancement.
- Depending on the spell cast for enhancement, the caster gains the properties of that same spell cast.
- If used enough and the caster dies and revives, the caster becomes a somewhat immortal, similarly to a vampire, and gains extreme abnormal properties such as high-speed regeneration. However, they must posses the blood of the Ostian royal family if they are to revive.
- Disadvantages: The primary disadvantage of the Magia Erebea, however, is the corruptive nature of the spell, known as the "Enroachment of Erebea". It feeds on the users body and soul, as any dark feelings; such as hatred, greed, lust, revenge, in other words, negative emotions. As the corruption furthers, the user's body is overwhelmed by their own darkness and negativity, transforming their body in a partially reptilian monster; granting them a clawed hands and feet, a long, whiplike tail, as well as more prominent canines and longer hair. When in this monstrous state, the user gains vastly enhanced physical abilities and magical power, which is evident in the crest-like aura the emanates from their body, but lose all sense of self, becoming a monster with no sanity bent entirely on killing everything in their path. The worst case scenario is that the caster dies.
- Anthos Pagetou Khilion Eton (千年氷華 (アントス・バゲトゥ・キリオン・エトーン), Sennen Hyōka (Antosu Bagetou Kirion Etōn)):The spell calls forth lightning that freezes everything it touches over a vast area.
- Krystalline Basilea: Evangeline can use this armament by absorbing the strongest ice element spell, Anthos Pagetou Khilion Eton. Upon activation it creates an ice-sphere of a few kilometers in diameter around her that gives her conplete control over the area. Because the area is now frozen it is overflowing with ice spirits, allowing her to use all of her ice element spells that are below high-level, like Ice Saber Rondo and Netherworld Icicle, without incantation, a "cheat" that makes her nearly invincible.
- Ice Saber Rondo: When using Krystalline Basilea, Evangeline can create several high quality curved ice swords, make them rotate and launch them towards her opponent(s). They have proven to be sharp enough to easily cut through stone pillars created by Fate Averruncus.
- Netherworld Icicle (冥府の氷柱 Meifu no Hyōchū): While using Krystalline Basilea, Evangeline create an ice pillar from an ancient magic circle and expand it's length while aiming it's top towards her opponent(s).
- Despite being immortal, there is a limit to Yukihime's regeneration ability. Her body is linked together by her magical energies; if her limbs are severed, she can restore them simply by reattaching them. However, for a complete regeneration, the severed body part no longer has to be "alive".
-- If any part of her limbs were still alive and been capture by the enemy, she is unable to create a new limb so long as the severed limb still exist.
- She lost to the Mage of the Beginning, who was more powerful than her.
- Asuna possess the abilities to cancel out spells that are cast upon her, which also allow her to even cancel the barrier Yukihime cast.
-- If anyone possess the ability to cancel or ignore spell, they can harm Yukihime physically.
- Despite having lived for centuries though, Evangeline never learned how to swim, which left her in danger of drowning after her defeat to Negi.