Aww...thank you!! It took me way too long to finish...because I tried so many different brushes. I was looking for a brush that simulates trad. oil paint, was great for the figure and hair and hands...but I tried out all kinds for other elements, trying to get a feel for each texture. My favorite brushes came from chrisoatley.com (his free basic set is on his site) and some were from an old M.Dalig set from Imagine FX and some were concept art brushes. they were all freebies
The backlight was originally a stagelight, but I thought "moon" immediately...the girl was from a ref photo I painted from, strictly high contrast, then I sandwiched her in between layers of the clouds...some layer blend mode, I think, with lowered opacity. The idea was to add context to the narrative, in an ethereal sort of way, like the song.
His hands were the hardest! In my ref one was partially cut off so I had to "invent" him the rest of it, same with the guitar's headstock. I looked everywhere for sources of hands playing guitar, from that particular angle! LOL such is the problem with working from cropped photos
really glad you like it!