Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login
:iconcuriousdoodler:
curiousdoodler Featured By Owner Apr 15, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Stop in here to chat about Mountain Divide! Have speculations about what's going to happen next? Hopes, fears and aspirations for the characters? Want to show me some boss fanart? This is the place :D

Alternate Cover Art Mountain Divide by curiousdoodler  
(1 Reply)

Devious Comments (Add yours)

:iconturningtidestudio:
TurningTideStudio Featured By Owner Jun 23, 2017  Professional Digital Artist
How old are Mia and Lily? :)
curiousdoodler Featured By Owner Jun 23, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hahahaha you have stumbled upon one of my biggest challenges as an artist, getting the ages right ^^; Unless the age is important to the story, I tend to ignore it and let the character age fall naturally. Unfortunately, the design doesn't always keep up with the age. Mia should be early to mid thirties and Lily late thirties maybe forty, but they definitely don't look it which was entirely my fault and something I've been hyper conscious of while designing Ti ^^;
TurningTideStudio Featured By Owner Jun 23, 2017  Professional Digital Artist
Neat! I tend to keep my characters younger than 30, with a small amount of older ones peppered in.
curiousdoodler Featured By Owner Jun 24, 2017  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My major characters right now in age order are Madeline who is 8 Bree who's about 22 or 23. Lisa was turned when she was 21 so she won't physically age past that, but she's really 28. Mia is in her mid 30's Lily in her late thirties. Ti is in his late forties. Juliet is around 150 years old, but dragons in my world live to be about 500 so in human years she's about 25. And then Ambrose is about 1500 years old, but he was turned in his mid thirties so that's how old he should look.

So I like to work with a nice spread that hovers around the twenties. I think it depends on what story I'm telling. If the character is finding themself they tend to be younger this is the category Bree falls into Sometimes a character has to be older. Mia and Lily could not have the story they have any younger. Lily wouldn't be able to get her rank any faster than I gave it to her and Mia would not be able to rally rebels if she were much greener. :shrug:
TurningTideStudio Featured By Owner Jun 24, 2017  Professional Digital Artist
Sounds believable :) 
Add a Comment:

Forum