So, the theme of the Competition is, you guessed it, Ponify Finland!
Now, let me clarify that a little bit; You are allowed as much artistic liberty as the title gives you. Your job is to pick basically anything related to Finland and apply a Pony on it. You can use our mascot Aurora or even create your own OC, and put them in a Finnish situation, like letting them enjoy a nice Sauna while speaking on a Ponikia phone. Alternatively, you can pick a well known Finnish band, ponify the name of it and change the members to ponies... Or even simply pick a Finnish sight, such as the Mannerheim statue in the middle of Helsinki, the capital city of Finland, and change him into a Pony version of him. Everything else in between and beyond is allowed as well!
We will have some well known, but yet to be named, Fandom Community members to go through all submissions and personally review their favourites. They will pick the winners, that they believe are the best of the best, and whose work represents the Finland, as they know it, the best they see fit.
The competition as a whole will be divided into three (3) consecutive parts, which from each will last three (3) months. Each part will be announced after the end of the previous one, and Today we will start this thing off right away with:
4. July – 4. October 2013
Any digital creations in any format that deviantArt accepts is welcome! Be it a Photoshop creation, drawn with a tablet, vector or even an animation (Please note that the running time of the film, even if looping, must be shorter than 30 seconds)!
From each competition, three winners will be chosen. The best one of these three participants will receive a free Crystal Fair -T-shirt! and prints of all the three winning creations will be available in a bundle on our Charity auction at the Convention, naturally with proper credit of their work given to the Artist.
Please make sure to submit your entry before the deadline 4. October 2013 23:59 (GMT) o'clock. You may enter only once, but you are allowed to change your submission. If you wish to do so, simply remove your work from the group folder and submit a new one. Group administrators will review every submission before allowing them into the group, in order to avoid any violation of the rules.
All entries must be submitted to the Competition folder of our deviantArt group! We will not accept submissions from any other source. You do not need to be a member of our group in order to participate. Simply go to the specified folder and click 'Contribute to This Folder'.
• Only Safe For Work material will be accepted (Specifically no pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive material, tasteless nudity, extreme violence or gore is allowed).
• All entries must be original artwork created by you from scratch. Do not plagiarize, copy or trace existing artworks. However, for Photoshop creations you may use free stock photos or any photography you have been given a permission to use by the author. Sequential artworks (comics) are also allowed.
• You may not use any copyrighted characters or creations of any other artists without their permission.
• You may not use the original name of a product or an individual person in your creation, unless you have a written permission from them to do so.
• Please note that in submitting your artwork, you also agree to allow Crystal Fair to use your artwork for promotional purposes of future art events and competitions.
• In order to receive a prize, you must be willing to share your personal information with the Crystal Fair (Such as name, address, etc).
• For physical creations, you must either be wiling to deliver them to the convention in person or to send it in by mail to an address we will specify, as the item in question must be present at the Charity auction.