My illness is taking the best of me, so I'm finally conducting a search for new voters to help out with the submissions to avoid delays and expiry of submissions. Remember, we are talking about several hundreds submissions per week, and sometimes more in the convention season. I might take two more people to help me out when my illness knocks me down.
The candidates must be 18 or the legal age of majority in their country. This is to avoid minors being in contact with unfiltered materials (we rarely get nsfw submissions, but it could happen again and I do not wish to be legally liable).
The candidates must show an adequate understanding of the submissions rules, available on the group's front page.
"First, SUBMIT TO THE RIGHT CATEGORY. You are not allowed to submit to the "featured" category.
I judge fullview picture, make sure your picture looks as good in full view as it does in the thumbnail. Videos are not allowed. Gifs must be optimized.
* Wig: Accurate color, accuracy of cut & style, quality (shine), proper management (untangled), accurate lenght (maybe not full lenght, but at least enough lenght for the character's design to have a feel of accuracy, ie, no Chii with shoulder lenght hair..) etc.
* Costume: Accurate colors, flattering cut, accuracy of whole, detailing, quality of sewing, quality of details, etc.
* Body: I accept all body shapes, but the cut must be flattering on you. For crossplay, I expect you take the necessary means to change your body shape. I will not accept bishies with unbinded big boobs. There are binders on the market that will completly erase your 95DD. Being cheap about it is not serious cosplaying (and binding with anything else than a binder is very dangerous anyways)
* Make-up: Contouring, shine control, zits control, fake eyelashes if needed, etc. Pictures with no make-up tend not to be accepted.
* Picture: Flattering light source, flattering angle (if the cosplay is very good, I might mention it if the angle is unflattering, but still accept it), at least a bit of accuracy in the setting (medieval cosplay shooted downtown? No no), must be close enough to see the costume, not blurry, not too grainy (I understand that a decent camera costs a lot, but phone and webcam pics are not what I call "Cosplay Pro"), interesting pose, no reflection (take care with the light with shiny satin and take care of the flash on wigs, even the highest quality wigs can shine in a disgusting way if the flash is used wrongly). Convention pictures are rarely (not never, rarely) good pictures because the light and location aren't very controllable. There also may be unwanted people in the background. Make sure there aren't any before you submit.
* Editing: Should be sparse, no heavy texturing that hide the costumes. No blur/dodge/burn tool/brush abuse. Light adjustements must not eat half of model's face. Also, this is common sense, but please resize your images.
*Must obey to the group's rules:
Submissions are advised to show at least half of the cosplayer or more - with the costume easily visible, but close ups are allowed.
Photos must be clear
Accuracy is appreciated
Please avoid obscene gestures
No 'happy snaps'
Members may submit more than 5 photos of the same cosplay, but they must be different enough.
I must add that resubmitting a picture without changing it will not gain you extra points in any way."
Candidates must be impartial to fandoms, no matter how much they love or hate any of them. I must add that it is absolutely inacceptable to decline a submission because of somebody's facial features (race, lack of facial symmetry) or weight. As long as the costume is on point - even if some adjustements were made to make the costume more flattering- and the picture is flattering, it belongs in the group. Things like glasses a character wouldn't wear and piercings are prefered to be out of view, however.
Candidates must file the small form and post it in the comments below and will be contacted and given 3 pictures. They will have to briefly explain if they would decline or accept them and give at least 3 detailed reasons for each of the picture. This is for me to evaluate their judgement and they won't have to do this for pictures if they are taken to fill the position. Remember to evaluate fullview pictures only, not the thumbnail.
Text in parenthesis in the form is for explanation purposes and shouldn't be submitted as is. Just write your answers.
Timezone: (to facilitate contact)
Experience with cosplay: (consummer of pictures, crafter/seamstress , photographer, picture editor, cosplay enthusiast a.k.a wearing DIY, bought or tailored-just-for-you costumes, etc. You can be as brief or as detailed as you want, but please try to state the amount of time you've been interested in cosplay)
Fandoms I like:
Fandoms I hate: (those two are important since they will call your attention on being extra cautious when judging pictures of both the liked and hated fandoms)
Speak any other language?:
Anything else to say?:
Let the search begin ~