Tried a little something different again this year.
Here we have Peridot and one of her Robonoids from “Steven Universe”.
For Peridot, instead of chiseling out the details of her face like I normally would, this time around I left her outline raised while digging out areas to create highlights. This was not the best technique to test out on this particular pumpkin though as it’s rind was at least 2.5” thick and very firm. The face turned out good enough, but it took so long to do that I ended up butchering the hair, trying to hurry.
Her visor is a piece of green acetate. Yes I know her visor isn’t dark green, but yellow, or clear, wouldn’t have given me the effect that I wanted.
As for the Robonoid, I had gotten the pumpkin for free, and I wanted to participate in The Teal Pumpkin Project this year ( www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpk… ). I whipped him up pretty quick, but would have liked to have spent more time on him. His legs are made of carrots and coat hanger wire. The photo in the bottom right-hand corner is of a model I slapped together, to figure out just how the legs would support the pumpkin.
Hey, I can tell that it's Peridot, so mission accomplished! And bonus point for expanding your horizons and doing something more complicated than a standard face!
As artists we always want everything to turn out perfect, but that's really hard to do when you only practice something once a year, and most of us don't have extra pumpkins lying around for do-overs.
I like your art by the way.