I am the writer of Rage of the Shadow Warriors
, a series of Star Wars fanfiction stories that are centered on Mandalorians in the NJO-era. You can find links to it in my sig or my profile.
This is a list of all artwork, created by me or others, of characters, equipment or other stuff from RotSW.
The list is at the top, you can view the backstory below it.
I also have set this whole thing up as a Gallery here: Gallery of Rage of the Shadow Warrior images
</blockquote>- three work-in-progress drawings of Ronan's armor suit, by Kuk-Man
- a Gladus Tite fanart by Tercado
, depicting him on an assassin job
- drafts of ancient Clan Barec beastmasters and their Ithorian dragons, by Mitch-i-mon
- "Weary Warrior", a drawing of Ara Norvath, by FalconFan
(see below the list for more)Covers
Honor Guard (photomanip'd artworks)Wallpapers
Runner (photomanip'd stills)
Pariah (photomanip'd game render)
When Few Stood Against Many (collage, photomanip)
Rage of the Shadow Warriors - Teaser Wallpaper V1 (featuring Gladus Tite)Character Art
Rage of the Shadow Warriors - Teaser Wallpaper V2
(character names link directly to wiki profiles)
- Ronan - profile artwork (photomanip)
- Holocam snapshot of Ronan (photomanip)
- Ronan in his former armor (coloring of a lineart of Boba Fett by Ryan Benjamin)
- Ronan in his special forces time (pencils by commander-13, colors to come)
- Ronan, the special forces sniper (pencils by commander-13, colors to come)
- Gladus in his full suit of Mandalorian armor (pencils by Kuk-Man, inks and colors)
- Gladus versus two Yuuzhan Vong (pencils and inks by itmon, colors by me)
- Gladus, reflecting on the war (pencils, inks and colors by Daennika)
- A middle-aged Gladus on a merc job (by Tercado, colored version by me)
- Gladus's face, closeup (photomanip, same as Pariah cover)
- Shady holocam surveillance still (photomanip)
- A beardless Gladus contacting one of his clients on the holo (photomanip'd game screenie)
- Gladus, holding a Twi'lek Peace Brigader by the neck (scene from WFSAM, photomanip'd game render)
- Ara Norvath - Weary Warrior (artwork by FalconFan)
- Altair - flattened to the ground by an explosion (photomanip'd SG: Atlantis still)
- Altair and his son Skira (coloring of a lineart by Tom Hodges)
- Ayden Stone - colored (lines by Kuk-Man, inks and colors by me)
- Ayden Stone (lines by ragelion, colors by me)
Macos Fenix (click link to see two images)
- Macos in a tapcaf (requested piece by Mercy)
- Salem Rios, GAI lieutenant (requested piece by Ryan-Rhodes)
Berdan Ngajio Angantire
- Berdan, fixing himself up after injured from a detonation gone wrong (requested piece by KhairulHisham)
Misc. (not all by me)
- EE-23 marksman carbine (Ronan's rifle, background and artworks by Kuk-Man)
- P-7 'Offshoot' special (Ronan's sidearm, artwork by CucumberBoy)
- ShenCresh Ops - special forces unit insignia (logo design by me)
- Crest of Clan Barec (logo design by Kuk-Man)
- Dubrillion: After the Battle (illustration of a scene from Honor Guard, by CucumberBoy)
- Ithorian Dragon (by Mitch-i-mon)
- Kharritokh of Clan Bakh'tor, requested sketch by Delta2094
- Firespray concept, uncolored (by CucumberBoy)
- a rough overview of Ronan's armor and equipment (by Kuk-Man)
- a rough layout of Ronan's colorscheme (sketch by Kuk-Man)
- draft of a Barec beastmaster, hunting Jedi in the New Sith Wars, with the help of his Ithorian dragons (by Mitch-i-mon)
- draft of Clan Barec clansmen in battle (by Mitch-i-mon)
Since I'm also an arty person, it's only natural that I make the covers for my stories. But it goes even further than that. In addition to photomanipulations I make to illustrate my OCs (often based on real actors that represent my conception of them), I'm diving even a little deeper and into technical things. Since I'm not an allrounder, I can't do all of that myself (gee, I can't even draw properly^^), and am really indebted to great artists such as Kuk-Man
for providing me with creative help. Especially my buddy Kuk-Man has done so much for me, I don't even know where to start to pay him back.
All started with a simple request to draw one of my OCs from my first fic in his full suit of Mandalorian armor. Kuk came back to me with a rough draft
which he worked into a better sketch that fitted the character perfectly, the Mandalorian Slug-gunner
Ayden Stone, but he did even more. He was inspired by my request and drew a whole handful of concepts for Mandalorian with different specialties, and one of them also fitted for one of my characters, namely the Mandalorian Swordmaster (see his gallery). You can find all of his concepts in his awesome DevArt gallery on page 2
. Then, we worked together on some details and he finalized the artworks. I was so thrilled by the Swordmaster, that I kinda forgot about my original request. I inked and colored that blade-loving Mando and ta-da!, we had Gladus Tite, one of my main OCs.
Currently, Kuk and I are working on a big art project on my major OC, Ronan Barec. I can't post any progress on that, yet, unless Kuk is okay with it. Only one bit I that is already finished: Ronan's main weapon, the EE-23 weapons system
. Kuk was very
creative on that, and came up with a whole technical backstory and a lot of other stuff, I'm really indebted for this incredible work. I also worked on one of his concept on Ronan's insignia, and he designed Ronan's clan symbol.
So much for Kuk. Like I said, I also did some photomanips of other characters, but you can see that in the list below. I also approached other artists, such as CucumberBoy
who allowed me to use a blaster concept of his and then drew a modified Firespray
fighter (like Slave I) for me, which I haven't finalized yet, either. Another artist who I approached is itmon
. He has a very unique style with trademark shady and dark ink linearts, and as it happens, my current icon here on TFN is based off a coloring of one of itmon's Boba Fetts. Anyhow, a few months back I requested a scene of Gladus Tite from him, and he came up with an incredibly awesome rendering: www.deviantart.com/deviation/5…
Then, of course, there was the revival of the Star Wars Artists' Guild
, which allowed me to place some requests... namely, Berdan Ngajio Angantire, a character that has yet to appear, Macos Fenix and Salem Rios, done by the great artists KhairulHisham
Update as of Febuary 08: Recently, one of the greatest SW fan artists out there, none else than ragelion
, returned to doing SW art again. I sent him a PM, welcoming him back, and gave a tongue-in-cheek joke that if he wanted to draw a Mando and needed inspiration, he knew whom to ask. Well, totally suprisingly, he said he was up to it, and I gave him a list of current EU Mando characters. He picked Ram Zerimar, he had seen him in my gallery, and shortly, he came back with a kickass fanart
of that Mandalorian sniper. And then, what blew me away, he said he was working on Ayden Stone - and I didn't even request him that, he just gave it to me as a kinda gift. Surely, Kuk's drawing of him was a great basis to go on! Really, ragelion's awesome! That's his result
, and of course, I immediately started doing the colors.
Update as of Sept. 08: Been a while since I last updated, been taking a little break from SW. Anyway, you can see the updates above, here's what I gotta say about them: First off, I gotta say something about commander-13
's two way-cool drawings of Ronan in his special forces time. I somehow forgot to mention them in the last update. c-13 has a very unique and cool style going, and his favorite subject are Mandos--loads of them.
I was very glad when he accepted my request, he came up with two really fitting designs for Ronan's commando armor. Thanks again. Oh, and sorry that still haven't colored them, yet, never got the time.
Then there are are the two Ronan WIPs, which Kuk and I finally decided to reveal. As pointed out a few passages above, we're working on pinning down everything involving Ronan's armor and gear, and this is a first basic layout of all the customizations going on. I won't be giving any details, yet, that's gotta wait till we finish this. We're still working on the details of his color- and markingscheme and a few other things, but here's a basic concept of what colors adorn Ronan's armor, as you can see in the second image.
Another addition is that artwork
of Gladus Tite Tercado
drew for me on request. I discovered him on SWAG, and he's got a very cool style. I asked him to draw Gladus during his time as an assassin and mercenary, where he wasn't really a Mando yet. Tercado not only came up with a cool pose and spot-on likeness, but he also gave him a very original suit, that fits a professional like him quite nicely. Another thanks to him.
You can also see a colored version of it in my gallery, but in retrospective, I don't think I did a very good job, and the pencil drawing works pretty well on its own, I think.
The next update in line is some of the work I inspired Mitch-i-mon
to do, a quite talented digital artist with a unique style. He liked the design and backstory of the Clan Barec crest so much (another kudos to Kuk for the design), he was inspired to illustrate some of the ancient Mandalorian beastmasters that founded Clan Barec, as well as the Ithorian dragons they were notorious to lead along into battle. He told me the pieces weren't finished, yet, so I put them in the WIP category, but in my eyes, they already look really kick-ass and can stand on their own.
And last, but not least, there is of course that true work of art FalconFan
drew for me. FF is one of the most talented SW fan arists around, her skills with pencils are simply masterful, and you can't believe how honored I was when she took a request from me. Since we didn't have any artworks of Ara Norvath, yet, another main character, I went to FF to illustrate her. And wow did she do an amazing job here, she totally hit the mark with capturing Ara's character and emotions spot-on in a gorgeous drawing. I'm really in her debt for this.
I may be doing a colored version, but I'm kinda hesitant, because FF's b/w drawings have that certain quality, and in my opinion, they look better untouched. So if I give it a go, it'll be merely to pin down Ara's color scheme, not to create something of a "new" artwork.
That said, keep your eyes open, eveyone--there will be more, both in text and picture form.
And although my stories are probably not even quality enough to deserve so much media, I really love detailing out my stuff, aside from the fun it is to effect photoshop sk1lls. I'm too much of a perfectionist....
Now, if anyone of you great artists here happens to be interested in contributing to my humble fanfiction, even in inking something or just sketching something out (I can do the post work like inking and coloring myself, as you can see), I'd more than appreciate it! Just shoot me note.
But, most importantly, enjoy!
And, as a post note, I recommend checking out the brilliant Mando fanfiction Have Blaster, Will Travel
, by Quiet_Mandalorian
on TFN. It's way better than my stuff, and is what inspired me to start writing Mandies and RotSW in the first place...
Supporters, friends, and artists you just must have seen