Deadline Extended to September 6th!
We are searching for the brightest and most creative visions that will challenge and engage people around the issue of climate change. The Earth is our home. What is your vision for its future? What will happen if nothing is done to stop events like oil spills, deforestation, and global warming? What are the solutions that will make a clean energy future possible?
The contest seeks to generate iconic images that address the impact of climate change and spurs participation in the climate change debate. Create a work that encompasses the questions above and explores our relationship with the climate – from clean energy jobs to pollution-free oceans – the subject choice is yours.
We are open to a wide array of submissions, but the images have to be static (no motion graphics or video, sorry!) and they have to be your own. You can do photo manipulations as long as you own the rights to the photo you are manipulating. We look forward to your submissions!
CONTEST BEGINS AT 12:00:00 AM (PT) ON JULY 12, 2010 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 PM (PT) ON SEPTEMBER 6, 2010.
Entry must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PT) on September 6, 2010 and be submitted to the Contest gallery on www.coolclimate.deviantart.com. There is one Gallery for U.S. Submissions and another Gallery for International Submissions.
- Submit your art to either the United States gallery or to the International gallery at the Contest Site on based on your place of residency;
- Entrant must be 18 years or older;
- Entries must be in GIF, PNG, or JPG file format;
- Entries may originate in any visual medium;
- Entries may not have won previous contests;
- You may submit more than one entry;
- Online entries only, hard copies not accepted;
- Entries may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (excluding signatures appearing in a customary size and form for the medium used by the artist);
- You must be a member of deviantART to enter. Membership is free.
Semi-Finalists will be selected by staff and twenty (20) Finalists will be chosen by our esteemed panel of judges. Judges include:
- Jackson Browne (musician)
- Jayni Chase (philanthropist)
- Chevy Chase (comedian)
- Mel Chin (artist)
- Dianna Cohen (environmental artist)
- Philippe Cousteau (ecologist)
- Agnes Gund (renown art collector)
- Van Jones (environmental activist)
- David Ross (former head of Whitney Museum and SF Museum of Modern Art)
- Carrie Mae Weems (artist)
The public will vote on the winners on the Huffington Post web site.
The top five winners of the popular vote will be named as the "Top 5 Climate Artists" of 2010 and will be:
- Featured on the Planet Green Planet100 show.
- Showcased at key global warming events on 10/10/10.
- Disseminated to non-profits and the press.
Courtesy of Creative Visions Foundation, a U.S. based nonprofit organization, 3 prizes will be awarded for the three top-ranking United States Finalists selected by the Judges: (First prize $600, Second prize $350, Third prize $150).