1. I never thought of that. I always thought the Forbidden Zone was out of reach. But now that I think of it, that zone was as close to Robotropolis as Knothole. So maybe the forcefield is impenetrable even to teleportation.
2. Lazar probably didn't trust Sonic 100% that he would keep his word. I mean if Tails was with Sonic, Lazar might kept Tails as his prisoner instead.
3. The SWATbots were holding Sally and Bunnie so they couldn't escape. But still, they could have shown Robotnik pointing the computer at the girls, and fireing a beam at them like a laser gun.
4. He's lost his speed, genius. Sally and Bunnie could have chased after him, and still grab a hold of him. Plus, Sonic may have been confused by what just happened.
5. Well, he was trying to get through to them at first, hoping to break them free of Robotnik's control, just like Kimberley tried to do to Tommy in the Power Rangers episode, "Green With Evil Part 5". And breaking free was probably the last resort. If that's not a good enough reason, then I might agree with you on that, unless Sonic got desperate to escape at the last moment.
6. Lucky guess probably.
I know one thing that I didn't like about Sonic in the American animated shows is that he doesn't show the same type of skills he shows in the games, when it comes to destroying robots.
And, this is just a hunch rather than a rant. But if a die-hard Sonic fan were to watch this episode for the first time, they'd probably be disappointed by the end that Sonic didn't go super, regarding the episode title.
You should check my old journal entry about alternate SatAM titles for season 1.