Last updated: 8/2/21
Due to a glitch, I am unable to edit the previous rules page, so it is being resubmitted for Eclipse. I recommend to read them as a refresher if you submit here regularly as we have had an excessive amount of people not following the rules, especially regarding stand-alone illustrations (see "What is NOT Allowed"). Thanks!
What is allowed?
- Covers and Posters WITH A CLEAR TITLE VISIBLE.
- Multiple-panel Comic Pages or Strips
- Single-panel Comic Pages WITH AT LEAST ONE SAMPLE OF DIALOGUE OR NARRATION
- Tutorials relevant to the comic making process (Case-by-Case basis)
- A limit of THREE SUBMISSIONS PER DAY.
What is NOT allowed?
- Splash pages/single-panel pages with NO DIALOGUE OR NARRATION. Sound Effects DO NOT COUNT.
- Literature or journal posts. VISUAL MEDIUMS ONLY.
- Illustrated literature (images with accompanying text that is neither dialogue nor narration. Case-by-Case basis)
- Animations EXCEPT comics in a Flash format or .gif pages with animated elements
- Character References
- Illustrations INCLUDING character art/scenes from the comic.
- Submissions acting as a preview image linking to off-site comics. COMICS MUST BE POSTED TO DEVIANTART. You CAN link your comic's main site/other upload sites in the description, but do NOT post teasers of a page suggestion the reader see the full thing elsewhere.
- Advertisements such as for Patreon or Kickstarter, UNLESS they can double as a cover/poster. You CAN include a logo for Patreon or Kickstarter on covers or pages, though. (Case-by-case basis)
- FAN ART. THIS GROUP IS NOT FOR MARVEL/DC/ETC. COMICS, IT IS FOR SEQUENTIAL ART AS A STORYTELLING FORMAT. WE DO NOT ACCEPT FAN ART OF CHARACTERS FROM COMICS.
What about Mature Content?
Mature Content IS ALLOWED as long as it abides by deviantART's rules and your submissions have a MATURE CONTENT WARNING. Examples of works that require a mature content warning:
- Sexual acts
- Extreme gore or violence (a little blood is okay)
If you feel your content is highly sexual or graphic in nature, please SUBMIT YOUR PAGES TO THE 18+ FOLDER.
How do I join?
We have two roles: MEMBERS and CONTRIBUTORS.
- No requirements whatsoever! You don't even need to have a comic, you can just join to read them!
- Members are allowed to submit! The only catch is submissions are set for voting approval. This simply means it may take 24-48 hours before your submissions appear in our gallery.
- As a Contributor, you can bypass the voting process by getting your submissions submitted to the Group instantly!
- The catch: Contributors MUST have a comic.
- The comic MUST have a minimum of 15 pages already posted in your deviantART gallery before you ask to join.
- The comic MUST be in your deviantART gallery. Even if the 15 pages exist already on another website, we cannot approve you unless those pages are in your dA gallery and you continue to update on deviantART (even if it is a mirror site).
- Once approved as a Contributor, you MUST keep your comic updated and submitted to the Group! We recommend Contributors post a minimum of ONCE A MONTH, however, the minimum is ONCE EVERY THREE MONTHS.
- If you have been inactive for THREE MONTHS OR MORE you will be demoted to Member Status! You can rejoin at any time, however.
TO JOIN AS A CONTRIBUTOR:
If you'd like to become a Contributor, please submit the following in the Join Request box:
- A link to your comic folder with the minimum 15 pages.
- Copy/paste the following sentence: "I have read and agreed to the rules for being a Contributor."
MISC. CONTRIBUTOR QUESTIONS:
Can I be a Member now, but move up to a Contributor when I get enough pages?
YES! Simply leave the Group and rejoin as a Contributor!
If I was a Contributor but I got demoted to Member for inactivity, can I be a Contributor again if I update frequently?
YES! We will gladly allow you back as long as you keep up with the rules!
Where do I submit?
Please submit your comic into the folder you feel best fits the content type:
- Covers and Posters: illustrations with a title to promote the comic
- Animal Comics: stories starring feral animals or animal-like creatures
- Anthro Comics: stories starring anthropomorphic or "furry" characters (humans with animal ears/tails included)
- FanComics: stories starring characters/species from movies/games/TV shows/etc. Trademarked or Copyrighted media.
- Human Comics: stories starring humans or humanoids
- Mixed Content Comics: stories that star a mixture of any or all of the other genres (humans AND animals, anthros AND humans, etc.)
- Sci-fi Comics: stories starring alien/extraterrestrial characters and/or unknown creatures that cannot be defined as either anthro, human, or animal.
- 18+ Mature: folder for erotica comics OR individual pages from other genres that contain overtly sexual or violent content.
- Strips and Short Stories: One-panel comic gags, joke strips, comics that are short (below 20-or-so pages), etc.
- Tutorials: helpful guides for anything you feel could benefit comic artists (Case-by-Case basis)
If I have a completed comic or a series with a lot of pages, can I post them all to the Group?
We recommend that you submit ONLY the cover/poster and first couple pages (1-5) of your comic. After that, ONLY submit your most recent pages.
HOWEVER, you MAY submit your entire comic gradually over time AS LONG AS you abide by the daily limit. DO NOT SPAM YOUR ENTIRE COMIC INTO THE GROUP. We will deny every page if you do this as it FLOODS OUR VOTING INBOX.
What do I do if my submission was declined/I was demoted/I was kicked out of the Group?
- Check to make sure you followed the rules.
- ESPECIALLY make sure you submitted to the correct folder!
- If you wish to appeal, please comment on the submission post OR note the Group and we will get back to you! DO NOT COMMENT ON THE FRONT PAGE.
If you constantly re-offend after we tell you to stop, you will be kicked out and potentially banned from the group.
I'm open to commissions.Need Colors single piece or comic flatter?
Im CreepyMakara/ XmakaraArt ! Im a french artist who digital and traditional art ! (I use Medibang !)
I made a lot of comics ! Here in English on deviantart, and the French version on Webtoon ! But it's hard to be seen by others ...
Here the link if you want ! And I join the group !
Basically I made an April Fools day joke and submitted it here to further sell the illusion that it was for real but now I just realized that by also submitting the real page it might come across as a duplicate submission. Just giving a heads up in case it looks a bit weird. Sorry