Life is weird.
I'm in a bit of a peculiar situation right now where I have the opportunity to try something different. I don't know if it's going to work, but I won't know unless I try. Over the past couple of months, I've been getting more and more serious about 3D- specifically in regards to my fetish interests, which make up a large part of the driving force that motivates me to learn new things and create new content.
That being said, I've decided to start my own Patreon account.www.patreon.com/colortwist
So... what does this mean for my DA account?
1) Sadly, I will no longer be producing anything Mass Effect related. I had a good run, but it's not my IP and I don't own any rights to it. I've never felt comfortable trying to make money off a franchise owned by someone else. It's possible I might try and do some free fan art in the future, but I don't know when or if that will actually happen.
2) I'm shifting my focus to some other things instead. I'd like to try and create my own characters, using my own designs that actually belong to me. I still love sci-fi, so no doubt I'll be continuing to explore that particular genre in the future along with a few other things I happen to enjoy (single piece swimsuits, things like tight office attire, etc).
3) Work in progress (WIP) and behind the scenes (BTS) renders will be posted to Patreon only. I tend to enjoy working with some of the more technical aspects of CG artwork, and as a result the WIP/BTS things I have to post aren't entirely comprised of expanded curves. Sometimes I'm fiddling around with programming stuff, other times I'm messing around with shaders, character rigging, etc. I don't see many Patreons out there that delve into the gory technical details of such endeavors, so I'm hoping this will allow me to stand out a bit when it comes to fetish oriented artwork.
4) Finished single image renders will be posted to Patreon first. They will be made available here for free after 14 days.
5) Ultimately, I would like to start producing image packs on a regular occasion. These will be anywhere from 6 to 12 renders long, and feature one or two characters undergoing some sort of expansion and/or inflation. Each pack will be completely self contained and will mainly focus on the actual growth process. I will be posting one or two panels from each pack here on DA at full resolution, along with a no nonsense preview picture that shows you exactly what you're going to get.
Somewhat unrelated to DA; the full image packs will be made available for my Patreons under an upcoming tier. I will also be offering the individual image packs available for sale on Gumroad or e-Junkie for anyone who does not wish to deal with a monthly subscription. I wish there was some way I could offer this content for free, but I have bills to pay and this stuff takes an insane amount of time and effort to setup and render. I don't expect to get rich off anything I do, but I would like to know if it's a viable business strategy going forward. The only way I'm ever going to find that out is if if I give this a shot and see where it leads.
Thanks for reading!
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.