I was tagged by to give 10 facts about myself and answer 10 questions. Neat! I would have done this sooner, but I was busy this past weekend being a groomsman in my brother's wedding! Fun stuff!
1) I'm a big comic book nerd.
2) I have a bad habit of starting video games and never finishing them.
3) I have a fear of dolls and ventriloquist dummies. (thanks, R.L. Stein)
4) I'm a well of useless information. I don't retain any useful knowledge but I absorb trivia and fun facts like a sponge.
5) I'm actually a very shy person. A lot of people are surprised when I say this. Apparently, I come off as very social and confident.
6) I have a red birthmark on my right elbow. It's on the inside of my arm so it's easy to miss. My whole life I've had people catch a glimpse at it and asked if I burnt myself or scraped my elbow.
7) In the fifth grade I won an art contest at the local library. It was the first time I won anything. I still have the blue ribbon hanging on my bed post.
8) Last year one of my art pieces won an award at my college. It was a huge ego booster for me. Plus I got $200 out of it, which was nice.
9) I've been taking ballroom dance lessons. I'm not very good at it. But at least it's helping me get out and meet new people.
10) Apparently, I look younger than I really am. I'm in my early 20s but people seem to think I'm 16. I get asked all the time what high school I go to or when I'll graduate even though I've been in college for 3 years! I've gotten to the point were I just laugh at it.
1) Do you still watch cartoons (and if so what is your favorite)?
Absolutely! Favorite currently would be Gravity Falls. Literally everything I could ask for in a cartoon. I also really love Star vs the Forces of Evil and recently started watching We Bare Bears. Both are super cute shows. Going a little more old school, I love Batman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond. Also Angry Beavers was a real favorite of mine as a kid. Also just about anything TMNT. Okay, this answer is getting too long!
2) What was your first fandom?
I suppose it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The original cartoon is one of my earliest memories and I loved it. But I think the first fandom I was active in (i.e. actually discussing with people about our shared interest) was Sonic the Hedgehog.
3) What did you do for your tenth birthday?
I honestly don't remember. I think I might have bought my first Sonic comic that day, which eventually lead to me becoming a huge comic book nerd, so we'll go with that.
4) Are you an animal person?
Depends on the animal. Dogs? Yes. Cats? Yes. Spider crabs? Pass.
5) Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
I'm not sure. I feel I have an extroverted personality but a lot of my favorite activities are introverted.
6) What is your favorite kind of art?
7) Have you ever written a fanfiction?
Some in my teens, but I didn't submit much. Even back then I knew my fanfics weren't great and didn't let most of them out. The only one that I remember posting was a Danny Phantom fic. I got 2 chapters in, never finished, and now I couldn't tell you what the rest of the story was going to be. You can find it if you dig through the embarrassing old stuff in my gallery. Oddly enough, I come up with more ideas for fanfics now than I did then. I'd like to write some of them. Maybe now could actually write something worth reading.
8) Who is your favorite family member?
I have to choose!?
Okay, I'm man enough to admit it: I'm a mama's boy.
9) Do you like sweet, spicy, or salty food?
A few years ago I'd probably have said sweet. Now that my sweet tooth has a few cavities, I'll say salty. I'll get back to you when my arteries tell me that's bad too.
10) Have you ever been to Boston in the fall?
I've never been to Boston in any season, but I'm sure its a lovely place.
Now it's my turn to ask the questions!
1) What is one thing you hope to do in the future?
2) Who is your favorite superhero? (doesn't have to be a comic book character. Can be from TV, movies, etc.)
3) What was your favorite childhood movie? Do you still like it?
4) What is the most interesting dream you have ever had? It can be the weirdest, funniest, scariest, etc.
5) What cartoon character would you say you are most like?
6) Which family member do you most resemble?
7) Which of the four seasons is your favorite?
8) Is there a movie that hasn't gotten a sequel that you feel deserves one?
9) What would be your dream job?
10) Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
I'm tagging And anyone else who wants to do this.
You guys don't have to do it if you don't want to. Do what you feel like. You can leave your answers in the comment section if you don't feel like making a journal for them.