- JAM 2 for foobar2000 - Additional Screenshots
- Video Preview
Check out my Gumroad Store for other products and deals!
1. The window frame should look like the preview image, regardless of what Windows version and custom VS you're using.
2. Installation and basic setup guide is included in the zip archive.
*Last 5 updates. Check the guide for complete changes
V2.8b [01 Mar 2021] (Optional beta version)
- Centralized Font Size Control
- Add Last.fm tracks play count
- Add option to completely disable Last.fm integration
- Better handling of compilations & multi-discs contents
- Update JScript panel to 184.108.40.206 (fix artist pictures not downloading)
- Fix album art not showing on now playing track
- New Library Tree and Playlist panels
- Various ELPlaylist enhancements
- Fix iTunes Plus contents sometimes shown as regular AAC
- Compatibility check with foobar2000 v1.6
- Minor fixes and other improvements
V2.7 [23 Aug 2020]
- Revamped Now Playing UI
- Added visualization panel
- Added waveform seekbar
- Improved background image’s size and position calculation
- Update Jscript panel component to v220.127.116.11
- A lot of bug fixes and other improvements
- Compatibility check with foobar2000 v1.5.5
- Minor fixes
- marc2003 for JScript Panel and his scripts
- rashadisrazzi for Aziatic wallpaper
- dAKirby309 for foobar2000 icon from Metro UI Icon Set
awesome! im happy you like the sorting presets!
i have a question about the switch to EsLyric
so I've went and made synchronized lyrics for like a hundred of songs, I was wondering would there be some incompatibility or file format change to the lyrics?
Thanks again for the presets!
I've tested some saved lyrics (lrc format) on ESlyric and have no problem, including synced ones. Both lyric components use foobar configuration folder for storage on default, so it should load automatically. Displaying it should never change the files but creating a backup never hurts :)
yeah i was messing with it, and i absolutely love the karaoke function, so now i'm going over all of my lyrics and having them synched for karaoke.
you wouldn't happen to know where i can just upload all of these, would you?
like some sort of lyric hub where people can just get the .lrc files auto downloaded for them?
I'm not sure if we can upload those lyrics somewhere and download it with ESlyric's default sources, considering they are Chinese music streaming apps (QQMusic, TTPod, etc). But I know we can add other sources so I'll look around to find more "open" ones.
so after using JAM 2 for a while i realized there was one thing that i think would make the experience a little more nice for people...
In the Library menu, in the Album Selection at the top middle of the UI. I think when you select an Album, it should focus on the 1st item in that album's selection in the tracks below.
Currently, when you select an album from that list, the track list doesn't move to any of the selected songs within the album, so it makes it hard to see a specific track without playing something first.
so if there is a way to put that together, i think that would be really great
ah yeah. that helps in the Now Playing tab, but that option isn't available in the Album section in the Library.
also I made some grouping formats, i don't know if these are useful to you or anyone but here.
since the default grouping/sorting sorts by artist i left that alone. it can probably be written better, but this works for me.
Group Format: %title%
Sort Format: %title%(edited)
Title (ignoring The word "The")
Group Format: $swapprefix(%title%,The)
Sort Format: $swapprefix(%title%,The)
Group Format: %album%
Sort Format: %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%
Album (ignores the word "The")
Group Format: %album%
Sort Format: $swapprefix(%album%,The) - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%
Artist (ignores the letter A alone, and "The")
Group Format: %artist%
Sort Format: $swapprefix(%artist%,The,A) - %date% - %album% - %discnumber% - %track number% - %title%
Hmm.. make sure "Playlists" context menu is enabled. You can check it by right-click on the list -> Settings -> "Behaviour" tab -> select "Playlists" on Context Menu dropdown -> tick "Show".
Thanks for sharing your grouping formats! I will do some testing :)
So comparing to V1, the things i like:
- there's much more room to see everything (At least it feels like that)
- the lyrics show is much nicer when it comes to synced lyrics. it's small, but i like it
- i like the highlight info when you highlight a track.
- It also feels much smoother to work with!
things that are a little bothersome.
- while it's more room to see images like album art, the standard album art tends to show up as very cropped in the nowplaying view and when it's cropped off so much, i'd just prefer it to just have it stretched maintaining aspect ratio so most of it doesn't end up hiding behind the UI.
- other than that, i really like it!
at the same time, because i was so used to v1, i can still see myself going back to that for the sake of the UI style
Thank you so much for the review! I really appreciate it.
About the album art, I’ll tweak it for the next update. TBH I was focused more on the artist pic calculation (with each has unique size) on the last update, I spent my time less for the album art. With the majority of it has the same aspect ratio it should be easier to deal with.
Great skin, so good I bought it (at least) twice :D
I have tried for a couple of weeks now, but I seem unable to get album art to appear in the Now Playing or LIbrary sections (works fine in Artist Bio page though!?). Running in portable FB2K but also same issue with non-portable install(s).
Any help / pointers gratefully received :)
EDIT: Should add each album is in own folders with Folder.jpg being the album art. I can get album art to appear if it's embedded, but the increase in file sizes would be way too much.
Thank you :)
Embedded art is the first option, if foobar can’t find any, then it will look for external image(s) in the song folder. I also noticed a small change in latest foobar version regarding album art. The next monthly update will also fix this.
this theme definitely looks stunning but i have several issues actually using it. how do i search/sort my library by album artist? if i can't, would you add that feature in the next update? also it seems that this does not switch back to shared mode even if i close the foobar2000(i'm using asio currently, and yes, i double checked the system tray, ye, it's gone for sure).