My Tips on As an Adult who Makes Art Only as a Hobby:
1. Practice practice practice. I take this to somewhat illogical extremes given my focus ability and what I've seen in myself. Taking lessons or self-study is good, but ultimately should help you produce things.
2. Regular life drawing sessions are good; if you can afford it, I strongly recommend it.
3. Your biggest fan should be yourself. I know it's super-self-indulgent, but if you can, try to find joy in creating things you want to see and reflect on how you got there.
4. The Internet provides all sorts of validation; however, the best external-validation I've ever experienced from others is thanks from people receiving gifts, work friends leaving my gifts cards on their desks, and art clubs/classes where people are generally encouraging.
5. Try new things even if you're really bad at first. Every failure is a way to learn, and don't rest on your comforts.