Some quick and easy shortbread made for my family and the kids teachers.
150g (6oz) plain or gluten free flour
50g (2oz) sugar
100g (4oz) softened butter
25g milk chocolate chips
25g white chocolate chips
1. Rub together butter, sugar and flour until a dough starts to form
2. Mix in the chocolate chips
3. Roll dough into a log around 1/12-2 inches thick
4. Refrigerate for 20 minutes, 24 hours maximum
5. Preheat oven to 180oC and line two trays with greaseproof paper
6. Using a very sharp knife, gently slice dough whatever thickness you would like (I got around 15 small shortbread)
7. Place on the baking trays and bake for 10-15 minutes until slightly coloured.
8. Leave to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before trying to move the shortbread else it will crumble.
9. Store in a air tight container, best eaten as soon as possible.
1. You can make the dough in advance and freeze as a log for up to a month in the freezer, just remove the night before needed and refrigerate
2. Add nuts or dried fruit for a different filling oreven dunk in chocolate.
3. You can use cookie cutters