Got tagged by
to info drop on a character! It's been awhile since I did one of these/had a journal in general so I figured why not?
Rules are as follows:
1. Post all rules
2. Write 8 facts about your character
3. Tag 8 people
4. Write the name of the character with its owner.
Here we go with my OC "Nanuk"
1. "Nanuk" is actually a recycled/revamped character of mine, which some my older watchers and friends will recognize, namely by his hair color and the earrings/clasps. He has a new name and story but general personality and appearance is the same. He is part of my retelling of another fairy tale (I have a few).
2. "Nanuk" the nickname given to him by the heroine in his story, Bearings/East & West. It means "Bear" in Inuit which what my heroine's culture and ethnicity is based on (if the story is not set in our world, per fantasy). He goes by it for some time until he reveals his real name to the heroine, his traveling companion after some trust has been built and certain circumstances have come up. He has a few aliases given he travels a bit.
3. His outfit is chiefly inspired by traditional Mongolian attire (a deel) as that's what his ethnicity and culture is based on. He's from the East in contrast to the heroine who's from the West. During his travels his outfit gets a bit ragged and torn, making him look a bit scrappy and ambiguous with his origins.
4. He is current owner of the Mask of the Bear King via theft. The mask is a powerful artifact that harbors the spirit of a sentient giant polar bear whom is known as King/the Bear and allows the wearer to assume his mighty form. The mask also grants other powers such as understanding languages and protecting the wearer from the cold, though it has limits on severity of chill. The spirit can speak to the current mask wearer, acting as a guide and conscience/moral compass. While King does not approve of how the mask has been obtained he respects "Nanuk's" reason but is bound by rules tied to the mask, set by the creator and the Master whom the Bear serves.
5. The only visible scars on him are on the lower part of his face and neck. These were not obtained from adventuring and getting into a few scuffles. He has a few others that are hidden which are tied to his past, which he is always trying to outrun.
6. Though he carries no weapons on his [present] person "Nanuk" is trained in swordplay and archery along with horsemanship. He was raised learning how to hunt and fight but due to circumstances before the story he is without any traditional weapons. He's been trained in hand to hand combat and relies on this when he cannot immediately call upon the mask's power.
7. "Nanuk" has a fondness of animals and has a healthy respect for them. However he has no reservations for killing for survival (whether as food or to defend against), though he is merciful and weighs his options. Unfortunately for him ever since getting in possession of the mask most animals seem to sense the power and are wary of him despite his friendly demeanor.
8. He has two seemingly "Caucasian" features: hair color and eye color. His hair, nearly white blonde, is a natural mutation and also in part randomized genetics. There are real life tribes and clans from around the world of various ethnic groups with blonde and even red hair. Though his eyes are unseen due to the mask, save when close enough, they are blue which is another natural mutation and part certain genetics surfacing.
As for tags, anyone who wants to share can! (Or: you read it all means... TAG you're it!)