In part one of this interview, we learned how Robert Simons’ career in concept art began before he even graduated from art school.
His designs for an indie sci-fi short called Project Arbiter demonstrated artistic maturity beyond that of the average nineteen-year-old artist and opened doors to the vfx industry.
Now, in part two, Robert and I discuss his experiences working on Hollywood blockbusters, breaking into the big-time, how his childhood inspired his concept art portfolio and a whole lot more!
- Sketching on mobile devices.
- What it’s like to see your concept art come to life on set.
- The ups and downs of epic personal projects.
- Working for other people.
- The future of independent film.
- The downsides of digital effects.
- The lonely side of success.
- How to deal with haters.
- How his childhood inspired his concept art portfolio.
- Concept art internships and breaking in.
…and we swap Steven Spielberg pseudo-stories!
Find the links and show notes at ChrisOatley.com/robert-simons-…