1. How long have YOU been dolling?
I started Winter 2003...but then took a break 2005/6 until a couple months ago!
2. You have to like something about it; what is it? What do you enjoy dolling?
I got into it because I really like costume design, but I'm lousy at anatomy. So I love it because I can use other people's bases, but still design the clothes I want on top. Maybe someday I'll be able to make bases, but not yet (and I'm happy with that!)
3. What do you HATE dolling, eh? You know, clothes, hair..
Shading in general just really gets me down, ESPECIALLY skirt folds. Still workin' on that one!
4. Your favorite part of your dolls, usually is:
Hmm, that one's tough...usually hair (if it's a smaller doll), or overall color scheme.
5. What do you put the most effort into: clothes/hair/stuff..or base editing?
Well, I pt most effort into shading (because it's so hard!), but I'm also starting to pay more attention to base editing.
6. Bases are a staple of the dolling community. Do you like using them, or do you prefer to go baseless?
Always bases...like I said, I'm lousy at anatomy!
7. Not all dollers are basemakers..are you?
LOL, see above!!
8. Are you part of any dolling forums?
Glam (chickiemiki), I also just joined The Gathering and Corrupted Carousel.
9. This community can suck ass sometimes. List for us FOUR pet peeves when it comes to the doll community, that you just wanna strangle people for:
1. Frankendolling...why? It takes just as much effort to actually do the damn thing yourself!
2. Ye Olde Tool v. Pixel debate...seriously??
3. Extending contest deadlines...sorry, but if you missed it, you missed it. Maybe work on time management skills?
4. Favoritism. Yeah.
10. But there's awesome people here, too! List three of your favorite dollers.
Oh goodness, there are too many...I'd have to say Blue (she was one of my first favs way back in the day! LOL), Mistress Jaeden, because her way of pixelling is just so painstakingly detailed and amahzing. Oh, and I'll say Pyro (duh! LOL), because we tool-shaders have to stick together...and her style is just so unique.
Speaking of three people..
Tag three dollers to do this.
I'm going to tag anyone who hasn't already done this!! DO IT. LOL.