|More Journal Entries|
We have specific galleries for different pin up images - please familiarize yourself with our gallery requirements. Images posted to incorrect galleries may be declined.
Gallery Definition For:
Fetish & Gothic
Fantasy & Sci-Fi
Close Ups & Portraitures
Studio Pin Ups
Comicbook-Videogame SuperHeroes 'n Villains
For a more general description of our Galleries please visit this cgpinups.deviantart.com/journa…
|Some random selections from our "City Women & Glamor" gallery.|
The following is the original rule journal by nucks; nothing has been removed, but I've added a few items and clarifications:
CG PINUPS is dedicated to CG (computer generated) 3D PINUPS.
If you already use:
DazStudio, Poser, 3DS Max, Maya, C4D, ZBrush, Blender or other 3d programs you are welcome to join us and post your best pin up work. We accept only 3D rendered character works with 3D programs. Please avoid posting "works in progress" images as they may be declined - instead we would like to see your best finished artwork.
What we're looking for in a pin up
All models should have a focused or suggestive allure or appeal to the viewer. Though eye contact is not mandatory, a coy turn of the head or sultry look will add to the appeal. Generally speaking and specific to this group, fight scenes, distraught or despairing expressions or looks of great hostility and violence are typically not alluring and will detract from an image being added to this group.
Clothing is fine - nudity is not necessary. (The classic pinups of the 40s usually wore swimsuits.)
WE DON'T ACCEPT:
• Gigantic Muscle female (as in ridiculous proportions)
.......fit and toned or athletic, with some muscle definition, is fine
......."musclebound" is not OK.
• Gigantic Body Parts (as in ridiculous proportions)
.......those naturally well-endowed or busty are fine; big-but-realistic booties are OK, just not absurdly big.
......."Gigantic" breasts means visibly larger than the owner's head. When in doubt, make sure that big breasts sag more or less realistically. "Helium implants" are not a good idea.
.......A merely "big" penis is OK. "Gigantic" means unrealistically big - more than about 6 or 7 inches (15-18 cm) soft. (Soft, of course - see the rule about "porn" below.)
• Porn (see help.deviantart.com/565/) or violence. "Girls with guns" (or swords, etc.) don't count as violence, but do be careful.
• Racialist/racist works
• Models that are or appear to be under-age (i.e. under 18).
.......even a borderline model may be declined, best to stay clear of this line.
Keep in mind that pinups are supposed to be sexy - thus underage models will be declined even when fully dressed.
• We generally decline futanari submissions, on the grounds that these are a specialized preference rather like ultra-busty or ultra-muscular women. There are groups that specialize in these.
• Explicit self-censorship: smileys, mosaics, Patreon logos, etc. Cropping is OK, especially if done well so that it's not obvious. And, of course, clothes are fine too.
We do accept male pinups. These are subject to approximately the same criteria as females; we accept more muscle on males but it should not be ridiculously exaggerated. All submissions of males, regardless of category, should be to the "Male" folder.
We also accept animations, as long as they are consistently of a pinup nature (see above). Animations should be submitted to the appropriate folder for a corresponding still image.
• All Contributors must have 3D pin up works in their gallery.
Otherwise their Contributor request will be declined.
• If you submit an image, you cannot vote for it yourself.
• If you don't have any or very few 3D works, you're welcome to still join us as a member.
Being a Contributor at CG Pinups is more than just submitting your work to our galleries, the hope is that you will also vote on others' works, leave helpful comments to help artists improve - be involved in promoting the group on the site, finding artwork on deviantArt that fits the profile of the quality we're trying achieve. Otherwise, if you're only looking to submit artwork, we would suggest "member" status would be more appropriate.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
• CGPINUPS is not a stock group. Please do not use our members' works in your works without permission.
• If you need help, feel free to write our admins.
• We are a community that is based on respect for each other as artists. *Always* maintain kindness and respect in what and how we communicate with each other.
• Please submit to the correct category. This can be tricky, since some categories are hard to define for an exclusively 3D group. We may decline and ask you to resubmit to another category.
Some folders override all others. "Male" is for all male pinups, regardless of genre. "Close Ups and Portraits" is for all female closeups, from the navel up with face showing, also regardless of genre - if the hips show, it's not a closeup. "Bodyscapes" is for all female figures (including closeups) without the face showing.
There's a new folder: History and Mythology. This is for pinups that are not quite "modern" but not fantasy or scifi either.
Inappropriate images may be removed at the Founder's discretion.
CG PINUPS 2017