Once Stego had completed the hard part (of buzzing our client's mask back to a clean-but-well-coated-slate) it was time to put Quietfire's markings back onto the mask. I still cant remember the place on the mask I started when I painted this the first time years ago. Honestly, I went on a whim and chose to work from the cheeks, and then back into the big white area of the hood. I was happy that I had taken so many studio pictures of version 1, because it was up to me to reproduce the stripes and markings exactly. Just like before, there was a lot of work-and-then-wait type flow as I came in for 2 or 3 layers of paint on each stripe. I had to be very patient when working around the edges where the rubber met the mohawk, and along the areas broken up by the woven EL wire.
Quietfire Version 2 had improvements that were subtle to most people (except our meticulous commissioner). The one thing that was noticeable, however, was Stego's mixture of the UV blue and (separately) the UV pink which was used for the final coats. With respect to the character's goatee, a small brush was used to create the impression of hair the best way it might look on a rubber tiger. You can kind of see it in detail on the fourth image shown here.