1.If you use the sketches, lineart, stock photos etc. created by someone else, please ensure you have permission to do so. It can either be because they?ve give permission to everyone i.e. in their artists comments it says 'Feel free to colour and/or ink' etc. OR you actually asked the artist yourself. Also please credit the artist/model/stock photographer in your artist comments.
We are employing a 'benefit of the doubt' rule. All inks and colours, photomanipulations will be accepted as we will assume you've read the rules and followed them. However if art theft is suspected or is suggested by someone else, we will check with the original artist. However you will not have your artwork removed until we get a reply from the original artists saying this was stolen/edited without permission.
2. If you have commissioned a piece of relevant artwork and you have been granted permission to post it in your gallery, you may submit it here as long as the credits are given.
3.Other character dressed up as Catwoman should not be submitted. Because the art isn't actually of CW, for example, but rather a picture of another character dressed up as CW, it wouldn't count (cosplay excluded )
4. With the imposition of the new DA Eclipse format, it is critical that any art you submit go to the correct folder. Incorrect submissions may be rejected (although they may be resent to the correct gallery) without further comment. When and where possible, we will try to place an item into the correct folder. However Eclipse makes this more labor intensive and time consuming than a simple resubmission.
5. This is less of a rule and more a guideline. We don't have a submission limit but to prevent flooding, please try and restrict yourself to maybe five deviations a day give or take one or two.
6. We do accept mature content i.e. nudity, violence etc. as long as it doesn't conflict with dA's rules and it has a mature content filter on it.
7. Crossovers are accepted but please use your discretion. For example, your Catwoman and Spongebob Squarepants crossover might not work out but Watchmen and Catwoman for example? Fine.
8. Redesigns of Catwoman are accepted as long as we can still tell it's the character in some way.
9. Finally, we don't encourage elitism so if you spent time on it and it's relevant, submit it. In general, the work should be at the stage (penciled, inked, colored) where it can be considered a completed picture in its own right. We will decline work that is clearly incomplete, badly out of focus, or not of a reasonable quality for your artistic skills (example: if you've sent in a one minute doodle that only just looks like the character on some lined paper for example). Submit the work you'd want to associate with yourself. Helpful Hints Lined paper or bad quality of image are big reasons for decline