This randomizer was made by Hathien603, BaliroAdmin, and BVicius.
The original idea was to create this for the Horse Art RP Game on Deviantart - but it is free to use by others as well and for other purposes.
We do kindly ask for credit though.
Please link back to these journal's where possible, so others may find it as well.
Recently my husband frog357 took some free time and surprised me by announcing he had turned this into an automatically randomized generator. Please visit this link to view the automatic randomizer: arienequine.com/design/index.p…
Please let me know if you find any bugs or experience any issues.
Do not copy the content of this randomizer and claim it your own!
Please respect the people who put time into creating it.
Thank you ^^
About the HPR
To use the HPR, first open another browser window and go to random.org.
In the top right corner you find a little box.
Change the two numbers in the box to fit the two numbers you see in the () in the benning of the sections below.
Like "Base Personalities (1-50) - then change box numbers to 1 and 50.
Then press generate.
Match the generated number to the number on this journal to find a personality for your horse.
You got other options besides just personalities, such as special querks.
Feel free to give your horse 2-3 querks, if you want.
Base Personalities (1-50)
1) Lazy: You do not see me strike a gallop just for the fun of it.
2) Energybomb: I hate to stand still. And why walk when we can trot or canter?!
3) Snob: Don't do anything I don't like or I'll throw a tantrum!
4) Bipolar: One minute I'm dandy, the next you're on the ground!
5) Nervous: Lots of nervous energy pent up in me, which leads to jigging and going sideways.
6) Aggressive: Don't come near me or you'll end up with teeth marks on your bum!
7) Dumb: I don't pick things up very easily, so you might have to teach me more than once.
8) Intelligent: Make sure my stall is locked good, or you'll see me running down the highway in the morning!
9) Born Leader: You're not the boss of me! You better ask nice if you exspect anything from me.
10) Show Off: I'm extremely flashy and sometimes hard to control.
11) Spooked: Does that rock look like a three-headed monster to you too?
12) Jokester: Always pulling faces and making trouble for others, but in an adorable way.
13) Stubborn: I don't want to go over this pole and you can't make me!
14) Takes care of self: If I have to ditch you to get this wasp to stop stinging me I will.
15) Brave: I'll take on anything that comes my way!
16) Takes care of rider: If we fall, I'll try my best not to squish you!
17) Bombproof: That rock is not a three-headed monster...you're crazy.
18) Excitable: Small things can get me up on my toes.
19) Push-button: I'll do anything you ask of me. Nothing more, nothing less ...
20) Experienced: Been there, done that.
21) Einstein: I pick things up extremely easy and won't forget it.
22) Diverse: I can pick up many disciplines and be good at them all!
23) Packer: I'll carry around even the worst of riders. I make a great lesson horse
24) Finicky: If you don't know how to ride, I'm putting you on the ground
25) Challenge: Everything I do is the opposite of what you want, it's going to take a lot of training to get me show-worthy
26) Dork: I know what to do, but everything I do is in a clumsy way
27) Veteran: Even if I'm young I seem to know what's expected of me, and I execute it perfectly
28) Serious: I take everything I do seriously, and can get frustrated if I don't learn things fast enough
29) Tired: I never really wake up, it might be best for me to compete in a slower discipline
30) Duty Filler: I put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal.
31) Guardian: I honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. I expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding for individuals who do not value these systems.
32) Nurturer: I am a truly warm and kind-hearted individual, and want to believe the best of others. I value harmony and cooperation, and am likely to be very sensitive to other herd/paddock members feelings.
33) Caregiver: I am a very giving individual, and get a lot of personal satisfaction from the happiness of others around me.
34) Mechanic: I am an action oriented mount, adaptable and spontaneous. I respond to what is right before me with quick, effective decisions.
35) Doer: I am a blunt, straight-forward risk-taker, willing to plunge into any task before me.
36) Performer: The entire world is my stage! I love to be the center of attention and performing for my audience.
37) Artist: I am a bit reserved, but very kind once I let you get to know me. I am loyal to those who have taken the time to get to know me.
38) Executive: I am a very forceful, decisive individual. I develop my decisions based on gut feelings, and can rush into situations unprepared.
39) Scientist: I spend a lot of time in my own thoughts, often thinking about how foolish a mind you are caring for me.
40) Visionary: I get very inspired by what I am working on, but can quickly become side tracked. Be sure to keep my focus!
41) Thinker: I love new ideas, and become very excited over new obstacles and challenges.
42) Giver: I have a genuine interest in the humankinds around me. Im very intuitive and tend to draw out reserved people.
43) Protector: I posses a strong intuition and trust my insticts above all else. I'm extremely loyal to my rider and willing to take on anything I feel may pose a threat to them.
44) Inspire-r: I am a leader, and if you don't take care to latch the gate you'll find me leading your herd down the road on an adventure. I'm also likely to cause a strike for oats over corn.
45) Idealist: I don't like conflict and will avoid it all cost, raised voices or arguments in any manner sour my mood. I'm flexible, laid-back, and don't make much fuss.
46) Wall flower: I just like to be pretty and sorta do my best as long as I don't have to sweat or look foolish. And could you braid my hair and slice my carrots?
47) The Pleaser: I will do everything you ask of me, all I want is for my owner to be happy. Want to jump every day, okay! Want to jump obstacles 5 times my size? Well, I'll do my very best! It's up to you to decide if it's good for me ... cause say jump, and I'll ask how high?!
48) Flight Risk: Things can be all dandy, untill something scary catches me eye - and I'm off! Oh, and the scary part depends on my mood, so you never really know what your ride will be like.
49) Queen: If you want something, ask politely. And then kiss my hoof. I want my fruit sliced, my sugar cubed and from a fresh box, my tack should be polished every day, and no I will not trot you around in the rain. Where are my silver shoes?
50) Pet: Do we have to go now, it's so nice being groomed. Ohhh yeah! Right there, yes yes yes! Uh, how I love a good belly scratch ...
Querks 1 (1-50)
1) Do not like men
2) Do not like women
3) Will try to eat grass every time you're on a ride, no matter what is done to prevent it.
4) Bucks the few first strides after clearing a high jump
5) Loves to compete and can't wait to drive off to somewhere new and exciting
6) Hates competing, prefer the safety of home (do fine in shows perhaps, just not a fan of them)
7) Breaths heavily while being worked
8) Sweats easily
9) Chews on the bit ... a lot!
10) Tosses head a lot
11) Always rubs head on something when the bridle is taken off
12) Cocks head to the side sometimes while being ridden
13) Loves to roll, with or without rider
14) Sneezes a lot
15) Farts when I'm über excited
16) Likes to chew through reins, don't let them hang by my mouth!
17) Can untie their self
18) Loves the farrier - nice man sometimes have treats!
19) Will do anything for a peppermint
20) Loves treats! (peppermints, carrots, apples, cookies..)
21) Bucks if you don't warm me up first!
22) Needs to be lunged before riding
23) Mouthy, I like to nip and nibble...preferably on human clothes or skin
24) Foams at the mouth when being ridden
25) Sticks tongue out while being ridden
26) Hates the farrier, No, I will not stand still while you're banging on my foot!
27) Hates the veterinarian, don't you come any closer with that needle!
28) Loves being bathed
29) Switches/wrings tail a lot when being ridden
30) Cribber (sucks in air)
31) Always dirty when left in pasture
32) Loves getting clipped
33) Scared senseless of clippers
34) Pristine, I always stay clean!
35) Hates getting shots and vaccinations
36) Rears under saddle
37) Ticklish, so watch out while girthing me!
38) Easy to bridle
39) Hates being bathed
40) Hard to saddle, I like to shimmy out of the way
41) Likes to flehmen, mmmm what's that smell?
42) Very vocal, Neighhhhhh!
43) Not vocal
44) Prone to illness, I get sick...a lot
45) Prone to injury, I play too rough in the fields
46) Never gets ill
47) Doesn't injure it's self much
48) Nips at you when you tighten the girth
49) Holds air when being girthed up
50) Always looking into the distance like I'm never really in the moment
Querks 2 (1-50)
1) Stands nicely when tied
2) Paces around and paws when tied
3) Herd sour, if you ride me in a group I won't want to leave them
4) Independent, I don't mind moving away from a group of horses
5) Won't stand still under saddle, so don't try to stop me for long
6) Will stand for hours under saddle if that's what you really want...
7) Get's nervous before their turn to show
8) Level headed when it's their turn to show
9) Hates water, don't take me near the stuff!
10) Loves water, watch out of you might go for a swim!
11) Cow-sense, I love to be around and work with cows
12) Any other horse spooks, and I'm gone too!
13) Cow kicks when you pick my back hooves
14) Licks the stall walls, or polls that I'm tied to out of boredom
15) Dunks their hay in water when eating in a stall
16) Will eat constantly and swipe my stall of any clean hay, so it looks like you haven't taken of me for weeks
17) Rubs their tail against the stall wall or pasture fence out of boredom, watch out or you'll have a bald-tailed pony!
18) Weaves back and fourth in their stall out of boredom
19) Chews wooden boards, stall walls and trees, look, Ma! I'mma beaver!
20) Bolts for no apparent reason under saddle, hold on tight!
21) Will buck like a bronco the second you try to get on me, unless someone else is holding my reins
22) Good in the bath stall, rub-a-dub-dub!
23) Awful in the bath stall, won't enter, squishes you against the sides and you end up more soaked than the horse.
24) Pulls back when tied up to a rail, make sure you only wrap your leadrope
25) Loves to steal things out of your pockets, ohhhhhhh shiny!
26) If I dump you I head straight to my stall, Omnomnomnomn!
27) Will nuzzle and tickle you but while you clean his hooves
28) Make angry faces when I pass too close to other horses, personal bubble!
29) Am totally fine passing other horses in the arena
30) Kicks if a horse gets too close to my rear end, better tie a ribbon in my tail!
31) Hates other pets, no dogs or cats in my stall
32) Best friend with the barn cats
33) Loves other pets
34) Can fall asleep anywhere.....and I mean anywhere
35) Loves affection, you can pet me all day!
36) Doesn't really enjoy being pet and loved on, but loves you all the same
37) Has no knowledge of personal space, Ow, my foot!
38) Has a good understanding of personal space
39) Goes crazy when turned out in pasture, no matter how long it's been
40) Walks off while you're trying to mount. I'm just gonna go over here, kay?
41) Hates it when you touch my mouth, rider needs a gentle hand
42) Stands nicely while you mount
43) If you bounce on my back you're gone!
44) Sometimes I do the airs above grounds....even if you don't ask it of me (aka: I randomly leap like a frog)
45) I'm always up in your business, whether you're cleaning my stall or my coat, whatcha doin'? Hmmmmm?
46) I kick my stall out of boredom
47) I like to follow people walking or driving by my pasture
48) When the weather gets cold I turn into a complete nutcase!
49) I love playing with a jolly ball
50) I will chase any dogs that get into my pasture - look at them run!
Worst Fear/Spook (1-50)
1) Dogs (all)
2) Big rocks on the side of the road etc
5) Big farming machines
6) Sport balls (basketball, soccerball etc)
7) Cellphone ring tones
9) Dogs - big barking ones
10) Dogs - small yappy ones
11) Four wheelers
12) Cars and Trucks
16) Being left alone
17) Minis, Ponies and donkeys, It's so much smaller than me but I'm terrified of it!
18) Plastic Bags
19) Coats on the ground/a rail
20) Anything flapping in the wind, don't take me out on a windy day!
21) Wind hitting an arena wall
22) Any other horse spooks, and I'm gone too!
23) Corners of arenas
24) Sound systems and loud speakers
25) Birds flying by close
26) Storms (lightning, thunder, wind, rain)
28) Thermometers, you're going to put that WHERE?
29) Blankets, don't throw that scary thing over me!
30) Bees, wasps, hornets, generally things that sting
31) Anything with really strong and flashy bright colors like neon green etc
32) Loud sounds
33) Quick movements
35) Camera flash
36) Horse poop, yes...horses are quite often scared of their own poop
37) Cell phone ringing
38) Crops, don't use one on me or I'll go haywire!
39) Spurs, don't use them on me or I'll go haywire!
40) Flailing people, you know, the kind that don't know to stay still around horses
41) Cows, wtf is that thing?!
44) celophone, pastic or anything else that makes weird crackle noises
45) ambulances, police sirens, tornado sirens, etc
46) Sneezing or coughing humans, bless you!
47) Fire and smoke
48) Things that are there now that weren't there before, Ooooooo, spooky!
49) People dropping things loudly
50) Flickering lights
Herd Mentality (1-15)
1) The leader of the flock
2) Bullies other weaker horses in the paddock
3) The lonesome type, happy with his own company. Stand by their self in the pasture
4) Desperately wants to be part of the herd, but don't know how and often gets bullied and rejected by other horses
5) The follower, happily set in the middle of the herd
6) The protective mom/dad, always looking out for any foal or younger herd member to take under her/his wings
7) Forever a weanling. Loves to play with other horses out in the pasture
8) I play best with those smaller than me
9) I don't play, I don't goof - I'm very serious about eating my grass in peace.
10) I will kick anyone who gets too close to my tail
11) I will bite anyone who gets into my personal space
12) I prefer the company of people over the company of horses
13) I love everyone, and everyone loves me
14) Second in command, always plotting to take over the role of the leader
15) I hate stallions and geldings - but love the mares in the flock.
Horse vs. Owner/Handler/Rider (1-16)
1) Easy horse to be around
2) People with threats are a horse's best friend
3) This horse is not a fan of the two legged ones.
4) Likes to run away from you in the pasture
5) Comes up to you in the pasture
6) Horrible ground manners (kicks, bites, swats you with tail)
7) Great ground manners
8) Horrible to lead (jigging, going sideways, bumping into you, stepping on toes)
9) Great to lead
10) No respect for you (can be trained out of horse)
11) Respect for handler
12) Easy to groom
13) Hard to bridle, I know I'm bigger than you, so I can just hold me head up
14) Hard to groom, I'll kick you if you touch my tail again!
15) Easy to bridle, let me lower my head so you can reach
16) So you think you can catch me?! Don't make me laugh ...
Favorit Treat (1-20)
(some of the most common ones are repeated to make the random score more realistic)
4) Sugar cubes
5) day old bread
7) classic horse treats from local tack shop
11) Anything salty like potato chips, salt licker etc
14) Sweet potatoes
15) Cucumber slices
19) classic horse treats from local tack shop
If I could talk, my favorite saying would be (1-35)
1) "Who let the dogs out?! Wuff, wuf wuf wuf! .... Whut?!"
2) "No ... Noooo ..... No!"
3) "I am art in motion; watch me dance, watch me ... crash!"
4) "Cameras! Oh, shoot me, shoot me!"
5) "Is it a bird, is a plane - no, it's Superman!"
6) "I am a ninja"
7) "I am a jedi - with secret jedi mindtrick moves"
9) "Can we go naow? Please oh Pleeeease!"
10) "Make me do dressage, and I will never go faster than walk - put me on the jumping course, and I'll never go slower than a gallop"
11) "Pretty butterflies ...."
12) "I swear there was a monster in there!"
13) "The hiiiiils are aliiiive with the sound of musiiiiiic ... *hickup*"
14) "Catch me if you can"
15) "My daddy was a rolling stone ... dada da da dada da bam bam!"
16) "No treat, no work ...."
17) "I have a secret passage into the food storage"
18) "But the grass is so much better on the other side of the fence ..."
19) "Why do you pet other horses, when you have me? Are you cheating on me?!"
20) "I want a tv, a playstation with hoof controls and a candy machine. On thursday."
21) "You can't keep me here - I will kick every wall down untill either it or I die!"
22) "No,no - higher higher!"
23) "Helloooo beautyful!"
24) "What a wonderful world ... I couldn't possible work, way to busy writing poems and dreaming"
25) "I'm a duck"
26) "I so don't know you in those riding pants!"
27) "Oooooh yes, scratch me, just a little higher, no to the right .... oooohuhhhh"
28) "I can haz cookies when I say I can haz cookies!"
29) " .... what?"
30) "Suuuuure you can ride me ... *evil laughter*"
31) "Oh I love kids, they are so itzy bitzy cute little people"
32) "I hate changes - I prefer the old sadle that smells like me instead of a new one that smells like a leather store"
33) "It's easy to trick people ..."
34) "It's just more fun doing the opposite of what you ask"
35) "Do I have to stand still?"
Quotes that somehow suit me (1-40)
1) "The road to success is always under construction" Lily Tomlin
2) "Did you know that dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish?" unknown author
3) "Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself." unknown author
4) "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go" Oscar Wilde
5) "I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it." unknown author
6) "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!" Audrey Hepburn
7) "There's no next time. It's now or never." unknown author
8) "Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it." Buddha
9) "Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." Jim Rohn
10) "The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Horace
11) "Love at first sight is possible, but it pays to take a second look." Author Unknown
12) "Forget love... I'd rather fall in chocolate." Author Unknown
13) "Grow old along with me the best is yet to be." Robert Browning
14) "A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and sings it back to you when you have forgotten how it goes." Author Unknown
15) "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder" Author Unknown
16) "You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut-up." Author Unknown
17) "If you're ridin' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there" Will Rogers
18) "Leaders are not born, they're made." Vince Lombardi
19) "O, for a horse with wings!" William Shakespeare
20) "A good horse makes short miles" George Elliot
21) "Horse sense is a thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people" W.C. Fields
22) "She knew that the horse, born to serve nobly, had waited in vain for someone noble to serve" D.H. Lawrence
23) "A horse never runs so fast as when he has other horses to catch up and outpace" Ovid
24) "When God wanted to create the horse, he said to the South Wind, "I want to make a creature of you. Condense." And the Wind condensed" the Bedouin
25) "Give a horse what he needs and he will give you his heart in return" Author Unknown
26) "Horses are predictably unpredictable." Author Unknown
27) "Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground." Author Unknown
28) "It is not enough for a man to know how to ride; he must know how to fall" Author Unknown
29) "The wagon rests in winter, the sleigh in summer, the horse never" Yiddish Proverb
30) "I've actually never liked sports, and I never understood how I became an athlete." Serena Williams
31) "Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means." Rudolf C. Binding
32) "He knows when you're happy
He knows when you're comfortable
He knows when you're confident
And he always knows when you have carrots." Author Unknown
33) "There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse" Robert Smith Surtees
34) "A horse loves freedom, and the weariest old work horse will roll on the ground or break into a lumbering gallop when he is turned loose into the open" Gerald Raferty
35) "A horse is dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle" Ian Fleming
36) "It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts!" Nicholas Evans
37) "Oh wasn't it naughty of Smudges?
Oh Mummy, I'm sick with disgust.
She threw me in front of the judges,
And my silly old collar-bone's bust" John Betjeman
38) "A horse which stops dead just before a jump and thus propels its rider into a graceful arc provides a splendid excuse for general merriment" Duke of Edinburgh
39) "They say princes learn no art truly but the art of horsemanship. The reason is the brave beast is no flatterer. He will throw a prince as soon as his groom" Ben Jonson
40) "A horse can lend its rider the speed and strength he or she lacks, but the rider who is wise remembers it is no more than a loan." Pam Brown