Shop Forum More Submit  Join Login

does anyone know how to get rid of static electricity? 

50%
4 deviants said i get a shock at everything i touch..any help is appreciated!!
50%
4 deviants said do you ever get shocked?

Devious Comments

:iconcrazygardener:
crazygardener Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016
tis the season for electric shock therapy!!!! its free & U don't have to pay for it!! another great benefits of winter! hey! want to have some fun? shut off all the lights. make your in total darkness. pull off your sweet shirt over your head. make sure rubs up the back your head to create more static electricity! keep your eyes open the whole time & see all the flashes & hear all the snaps, crackles, & pops!!! Now U have your own personal electrical storm!!! Enjoy!!! 
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
no thanks, I get zapped quite enough during the day...pisses me off because it freakin hurts!!!
Reply
:iconcrazygardener:
crazygardener Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2016
don't pat the dogs before doing something else. thats probably why your getting zapped so much.... 
Reply
:iconawesome43:
awesome43 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
Fabric softener. Also they sell a spray you can spray your clothes with while you are wearing them to prevent that. Be careful not to drag your feet while walking this also creates static electricity. Lastly you can put a bowl of water near you heater vent in your house to dampen the air.
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
I put 2 fabric sheets in my dryer but it doesn't seem to work all that well...this is one reason why I despise winter so much!!!!
Reply
:iconawesome43:
awesome43 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
well static electricity is caused by dryness in the air as far as I know. I get shocks too but the spray works. At times it is so dry here that my clothes stick to me and look ridiculous so I spray the clothes and then they do not do that any more. Try to keep water around in the bowl or bowls the dry air will absorb the moisture and it will help. When we had this 60 gallon aquarium every couple of days we had to add water that is how fast the dry air would absorb it. I think the fabric softener works better than the sheets for clothing but you can use the sheets to rub on yourself and of course lotion too to keep yourself from getting zapped. I know it is awful and it hurts too. 
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
I will have to get a couple of  bowls of water and put around here....the spray, is that just water?
Reply
:iconawesome43:
awesome43 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
No it is something I bought from the store. It is called static spray. 
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
I will have to see if they sell that here!!!
Reply
:iconawesome43:
awesome43 Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, good luck. I am sure the water bowls will help for inside the house. 
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
thank you!!!!!
Reply
:iconainobunnyapplejack:
AinoBunnyApplejack Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Bufffff.... I'm sorry but I don't do of know about this situations and how solve this things.... ^^;
Static electricity in your home you mean? :O Well, maybe is because the humidity. :hmm:
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
in my home.....I get shocks off of everything, even the dogs!!!
Reply
:iconainobunnyapplejack:
AinoBunnyApplejack Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I see, well, I'm sorry to heard that. :( I hope that you get better of it and can find a solution for that. :heart:
I think that this is because there's so much electricity in your home, and with humidity, with the fact that electricity conductive of water, happen that. :P
Water and electricity can't stay together, if no happens that. :hmm: I think that you should try to above 1 of the 2 facts. :hmm:
Maybe there's some part in your home which let or generate so much electricity and this with humidity spread it for the whole home, who knows? :XD:
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
the static electricity is always the worse in the winter...this is one of the reasons why I hate winter so much!!!
Reply
:iconlindartz:
LindArtz Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I'm in the same boat as you, Marilyn. :giggle:  Can't even kiss hubby without us getting our lips zapped :rofl:!!  His response? ""Curses*"!!! :lol:

I do find that before I touch someone or take something from their hands, if I first touch something else the shock will transfer to that. But you have to keep it in the forefront of your mind.  ( I forgot to take my own advice this morning however, when I woke, still groggy, and strolled into the kitchen not thinking; I saw my kitty Zoey at the sink's water tap trying to get water and I absent mindedly pet her.  :no:  She was not amused. )
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
I get zapped from hubby too..his response is...laughter because he doesn't feel anything..my response..alot of cursing!! it freakin hurts!!!!!!:rofl:

I hate grocery shopping, touch a can of something..its so freakin frustrating!!

poor Zoey, my dogs get zapped when I touch them too!!
Reply
:iconlindartz:
LindArtz Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:rofl:!!! Your poor dogs!  I can just picture it too. LOL   With me it's so bad sparks fly! LOL    Oh man, I really enjoyed these giggles! It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one.
:rofl:!
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
we are electricfying!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

not so funny when we get zapped though!!!!!
Reply
:iconlindartz:
LindArtz Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2016  Hobbyist Digital Artist
LOL :highfive:!!
Reply
:iconyiskah-chan:
Yiskah-chan Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
Dryer sheets!!
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
I do use them and I get zapped every time I touch them..i hate folding laundry in the winter time!!!..thanks hon!!!

how are you doing? :hug:ssss
Reply
:iconyiskah-chan:
Yiskah-chan Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
Doing laundry in general sucks! That and dishes!!! Gah!!

I'm doing well!! Thanks for asking?! How you doing love!?
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
about the same...enjoy being in your 20s hon, it sucks when you are my age!!!
Reply
:iconyiskah-chan:
Yiskah-chan Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
I know! I'm 32. Haha. Thanks for making me younger!! Lick Lick 
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 14, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
lol, no problem hon!!!
Reply
:iconcorvidae65:
Corvidae65 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2016
I mean a humidifier like one that you might use If you're sick-- say, $25 or so.  Pick up a couple extra filters for the unit too while you're there--you'll need them in a month or so of constant use. 
Reply
:iconblueivyviolet:
BlueIvyViolet Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2016  Hobbyist Photographer
Thank you my friend..I will have to try that!!!!
Reply
:iconcorvidae65:
Corvidae65 Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2016
It's probably low humidity in your house.  Set a big pot of water on the stove and just let it simmer.  The evaporated water will increase the humidity and lower the static electricity.  It may take a few pots to bring the humidity up in the whole house.

OR

Go buy a low cost humidifier at wally world and let it run.  Either way, it will work.

:iconlightningplz:
Reply
Add a Comment:
 

Poll History