Daily Deviation
BLPH's avatar

Phenomenal View

1K 436 32K (1 Today)
By BLPH   |   
Published:
© 2010 - 2020 BLPH
"When we first landed on this moon, our view was impaired by a mountain range. Giant peaks were covering the horizon. The only thing visible were lots and lots of asteroids hovering over us.
It was just a matter of time until we would investigate further in that matter. So, we climed onto these mountains, despite of all hazards. At day number three, we finally reached the peaks. What we saw was looking phenomenal. Those asteroid belts were belonging to a humongous gas giant. We have never been so close to one before! The sun was just setting - this was the first sunset in months! These mountains surrounded us entirely, thus keeping our base in seemingly eternal shadows. If I could, I'd stay here forever, watching the sun and the planet in harmony with each other..."


So, my last project kept me away from submitting anything new for quite a while. That's why I'm especially glad that I could realize a concept I have had for almost a month by now. So yeah, basic concept was to create a planet with a ring-system. By accident, I created two rings, and since it was looking more unique with 2 belts, I sticked with this version.

I'd say that 95% were created with Vue, the remaining 5% were post-working in Photoshop. Just some really small edits, so I'd rather call this a 3d-piece than a drawn one. At this point, I want to thank `priteeboy for his Gas Giant resource pack from which I used one as a reference for the planet. This was a great help and I believe that without it, the planet's texture would have probably failed miserably.

In case you are interested in the way I create those asteroid-belts, please tell me so. I'd like to know if it's worth to create a tutorial ;)
EDIT: I released the tutorial. Go visit it here: [link]

Comments and favs are highly appreciated, as usually. It gives me a lot of motivation :)

Facts:
- original dimensions: 7400x4000 pixels
- render time: ~6 hours thanks to my render farm consisting of laptop and desktop ^^



DD? For me? Awesome pwnsauce :D
Thanks a lot to you two, =Zhachrod and `gucken!
Image size
1600x865px 703.32 KB
Comments436
anonymous's avatar
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Art-of-Bigsy's avatar
Nice, putting the viewer in the experience of an asteroid field, got great potential.
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
Thank you so much! :)
RatchedViper's avatar
RatchedViperHobbyist Artist
noice
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
Thanks! :D
PapaGolf54's avatar
PapaGolf54Hobbyist General Artist
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
Thank you! :D
Habatchii's avatar
HabatchiiHobbyist Digital Artist
DeviantArt Habatchii says;

very well...
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
Thanks!
xlntwtch's avatar
xlntwtch Writer
I used the title here for #TheTitlePage's found poetry, here - [link] and linked it back to you.
DrOfDemonology's avatar
DrOfDemonologyProfessional Writer
Oh hell yeah, that is indeed a phenomenal view. It's the kind of thing I dream about, standing out there and simply taking in the beauty of the cosmos. Absolutely beautiful :clap:
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
Thank you so much! :)
SKELVAMPIRE's avatar
SKELVAMPIREHobbyist Artist
this is awesome1
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
Thank you :)
justmeh123's avatar
justmeh123Hobbyist General Artist
amazing...
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
Thanks!
justmeh123's avatar
justmeh123Hobbyist General Artist
you're welcome ;)
guidodeo's avatar
guidodeoHobbyist Traditional Artist
Beautiful scenery! Love it! :)
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
Thanks a lot! :)
thevilduke's avatar
I definitively like it
and yes, I'd like you make a tutorial for asteroids in these belts
and thanks again for this awesome pic
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
No, thank you for your kind words! :)

By the way, I've released the tutorial shortly after submitting this pic. You can view it here ;)
thevilduke's avatar
thanks for your help
BLPH's avatar
BLPH Digital Artist
No probs :)
Aniphine's avatar
AniphineProfessional Writer
Absolutely fantastic. :)
RealTimeBrush's avatar
A very beautiful picture
anonymous's avatar
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In