Full Name: Damián C.(Carrillo) Contreras
Gender: Male | He, Him, They
Height: 5’ 7”
Blood Type: O
Birthday: August 27, 20XX | Virgo
Ethnicity: Hispanic-American (75%/25%)
ULTIMATE TALENT: Domestic Animal Trainer
Talent Description: Animal training refers to teaching animals, mostly domestic in his case, specific responses to specific conditions or stimuli. Training may be for purposes such as companionship, detection, protection, and entertainment. The type of training an animal receives will vary depending on the training method used, and the purpose for training the animal. For example, Damián training a seeing eye dog would achieve a different goal compared to an animal in a circus.
[ INT - X X • • •] Under Average - It's not that he didn't pay attention in class, it's just...well, he didn't. He was a bit too focused on his passion for animals to even bother. But, then again, this doesn't mean he's a complete idiot. He does know the basic things revolving around history, english, and art.....but not math. He sucks at math. (2+2=fish?)
[CHAR - X X X • • ] About average - In order to gain any animal's trust and respect, including people, you have to know what and what not to do when interacting with them.
[ STR - X X X X • ] Above average - When dealing with some animals, he made sure to better his strength in order to deal with certain situations. It's not the best, but it's enough.
[ SKL - X X X • •] About average - In his line of work, it's best to know what you're doing and how you're supposed to do it.
[ END - X X X X •] Above average - There has never been a time were he was training an animal and not gotten himself bit at some point. After a while, he just learned to deal with it.
[ SPD - X X X • • ] About average - It's not the best but, if anything, his top running speed is average. It's not too fast, but it's enough to catch up to someone.
[ HP - X X • • • ] Under average - He is a bit underweight for his age but, other than that, he believes himself to be quite healthy.
"Hey. I'm not too sure what you're looking for exactly, but you're not gonna find it there..."
PERSONALITY: [[ ▶ + Compassionate | + Patient | + Observant | = Cautious | = Timid | - Reticent | - Dejected | - Resentful ◀ ]]
[+] Compassionate: Due to his mother's influence on him, Damián has the tendency to show sympathy and concern for others. More toward animals than people, but still!
[+] Patient: Despite his timid nature, he can be very helpful at times and gives the impression of being someone you'd be able to rely on.
[+] Observant: Seeing as his job is to be causious of his surroundings, he is sometimes quick to notice things.
[=] Cautious: Just like with the animals he works with, Damián will try and be careful to avoid potential problems or danger for either himself, his friends, or his dog's sake.
[=] Timid: When around animals, he is a bit more expressive. But, with people, it somehow becomes the complete opposite. He'll try to blame it on his anxiety, but it's just becuaue he's never been to good around people to begin with. He probably won't interact with anyone unless they interact with him first, since he's way too nervous to be the first to speak.
[-] Reticent: After the incident involving his mother's death, he stopped revealing his thoughts or feelings readily to others.
[-] Dejected: There are moments where he'll seem a bit more dispirited than usual. But, with the help of Reina and his prescribed antidepressants, it'll eventually come to pass.
[-] Resentful: If Damián ever sees you being rude to either someone he cares about or his ESA, or any animal in general, he will most likely resent you and always be wary of you from then on. But, if you want to try and have some sort of relationship with him in any way after that, it'll take a looong time to gain his trust again.
- Stuffed 'Plushie': He doesn't really consider a 'taco' to be something of interest, let alone a weapon, but when his sister bought it for him before he left, he couldn't just leave it behind and upset her. So, as of right now, he's stuck with this stereotypical symbol of his people until the end of time...and has learned to tolerate it. It squeaks too, which is kinda annoying.
- MP3 Player: It's not the best, but it was bought with the first amount of american money he worked to obtained just before he recieved his 'Ultimate'.
- Box of Dog Treats: They're Reina's favorite, so there was no way he was coming without packing a box or two. You never know when a dog treat might come in handy later on~
- Bottle of 'Vitamins': A medium sized bottle containing a large mixture of white, circular pills. The wrapper on the outside appeared to be some type of main brand multi-vitamins from the USA, but the corner of the wrapper does seem to look a bit loose...
- Poncho: Just before his mother had passed away, she had made him a special Poncho as an early birthday present. It was a bit big atthe time but now, surprisingly, it fits him quite well.
- Damián's Emotional Support Dog, Reina: Ever since the passing of his mother and moving to America with Sofía to be with his father, Damián had seemed to develop a minor case of anxiety/depression. So, in order to help him try and overcome this, his father had applied for him to receive an emotional support animal. It wasn't long after that he was sent Reina, a 17 week old Pembroke Welsh Corgi/Australian Shepherd. From there, she would undergo training and attend classes with Damián in order for her to fully qualify as his ESA.
But, even with such extensive training, he tries to make sure she lives the life of any normal dog. Well, any normal dog who's practically spoiled whenever possible.
- Contreras, Alana (Mother || Deceased at Age 32): Damián and his mother used to be extremely close when he was younger before her passing. But, even though she's gone, Damián trys his very best to be the person his mother always expected him to be....in his own special way, of course~
- Holland, Dexter (Father || Age 36): After the passing of his mother, Alana, Damián was soon moved over to central America to live with his father. It was only after her death that Dexter had even learned of his existance. From there, he slowly began to build a strong bond with him. They have their moments here and there but, nonetheless, Damián does consider him 'family'.
- Holland, Callie (Younger Half-Sister || Age 14): Bless her kind soul, as Damián's half-sister has always been able to help him see the brighter things in life. Though, as she doesn't know much about him or his way of life, she resorts to what she feels he might like. It's a bit stereotypical, but she means no harm by what she does for him. And, after everything, he just doesn't have the nerve to stop her from trying to help him feel right at home.
- Contreras, Sofía (Younger Half-Sister || Age 13): After he was born, his mother did end up gitting with another man for a short time. But, shortly after she became pregnant with Sofía, he ended up passing away due to an accident at his place of work. Sofía is Damián's world and, when traveling to America to live with his father, he absolutely refused to leave her behind. And his wish was soon granted as his father decided to adopt both of them, though he allowed their last names to remain the same by choice.
- Due to the aftermath of his mother's passing, he suffers from minor/moderate Depression and Anxiety. But, as of right now, he hasn't had a complete break-down in at 2-3 years.
- With as much traveling this boy does, going from place to place whenever his 'Ultimate' is needed, he dedicated some of his time to learning at least 3 other languages other than his own. These languages being English, French, and Japanese. Though, when it comes to French, let's just say he still hasn't gotten the hang of the vowel change and complicated conversations.....which leaves him with the most basic things such as "Où se trouvent les toilettes les plus proches" and "Merde". But, at least he's trying~
- The translation for his dog's name, Reina, actually translates from Spanish to 'Queen'. The reason behind this was do to her royal-like behavior during their first few weeks together and it just fit her all too well. But, don't be fooled by this! She might act this way most of the time but, whenever he goes through any sort of emotional distress, her training will always kick back in and she will do whatever is needed to try and calm her master.
- During his first guard dog training session, Damián had actually gotten himself bit pretty bad on his upper left shoulder. It left a nice scar but, lucky for him, it didn't leave any permant nerve damgae whatsoever.
- Surprisingly, Damián shares the same birthday as his deceased mother. Though, they're a few hours apart, they were born on the same day as one another. It's one of the few things he has to remember his mother by.
- It wouldn't be much of a surprise to know that he's quite skilled on the guitar. Well, if you call only being able to play the same 3-4 songs 'skilled', that is~
- ??? [[To Be Updated]]
Voice Claim: [[ ??? ]]
Playlist: [[ ??? ]]
Theme Song: (Optional)
Relationship Status: Single Pringle~
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
RP Sample: I'm mostly down for paragraph andscript. I used to be good but, over time, I kinda fell out of it~
Script - Damián: Reatching into his pocket, Damián pulls out a small baggie full of tiny dog treats and holds it out in your direction. "I-I'm not too sure about petting her right now but, if you want to, you can feed her...? It's up to you, really..."
Paragraph - [[Still Working on this...]]
Preferred Nickname: Wiffle
Pronouns: She, Her, They
Time zone: Mountain Standard Time (MST)
Availability: I'm available most of the time, but there are days when I don't. It's rare, tho~
- - - - -