Amber is a nineteen year old girl that has long, red hair with has several, long strands hanging in front of her face as well as her sides plus one on top of her head. She also has bright red eyes and a slight athletic build. She usually wears an outfit that consists of a small, red shirt with black and white diamond patterns in the center, thin, light-blue jeans, black, sports shoes with white laces, and, whenever in combat, red-orange, fingerless gloves. She is 5.8 feet tall and weighs 130 pounds.
Whenever possessed by Ruby, her dark half, her appearance makes some slight changes. Her pupils become silted like a snake and her top canine teeth grow to become fangs. Her finger nails also extend a bit to look more like claws. Finally, her voice becomes a higher pitch than normal, which helps represent her childish way of speaking.
When inside Amber’s consciousness, Ruby takes on a vastly different appearance. While she retains Amber’s physical appearance in addition to her personal changes, she also has other features that only appear in Amber’s consciousness. Her skin color is completely black while her hair is pitch white and her eye color is grey. She also wears a dress version of Amber’s outfit that retains the same coloring as her top, but lacks any pants and wears black dress shoes instead of sneakers. She often likes to state to Amber and anyone else who entered their subconscious that she isn’t human, but a shadow that lurks in every corner of Amber’s mind.
Amber is known for her cheery and upbeat attitude who also acts like a tomboy. Whenever interacting with her friends or enemies, she keeps her cheery attitude. She is especially good at teasing people and making jokes or insults, which often leads to fights. She does have a soft-side for her friends though and doesn’t act as carefree if the moment calls for it. She does, however, have a serious attitude whenever she’s in a fight she deems “dangerous” and drops the jokes while serious. This part of her personality was primarily thanks to the four years of training she did with her master, who she dislikes talking about.
When it comes to Ruby, she acts more childish and sadistic and is prone to saying rude things for the sole purpose of seeing her opponent get mad. She opts to toy around rather than fight seriously for the sake of amusement. However, she will act serious when she finds no amusement in anything. She is remarkably known to not show any signs of fear regardless of the situation as well as have a high tolerance to pain, though she generally claims that she doesn’t feel fear because she was “created” by Amber’s fear. She does get heavily annoyed when someone intrudes on her “waking” through telepathy or some other mental ability.
In terms of relationship, the two are on fair terms albeit unstable. Despite being the primary personality, Amber finds it uncomfortable to hear Ruby’s voice and wishes her to not speak. Likewise, Ruby finds Amber to be a “horrible host” and constantly threatens the latter about taking over if she “screws up bad.” That doesn’t mean the two are incapable of performing teamwork.
To be Known
Powers and Abilities
Basic Physical Abilities
Initially, Amber's physical abilities were no different from an average girl her age. As such, she relied heavily on her powers in combat. This eventually lead to many defeats against more powerful opponents who could take advantage of her frailty. After her four year training though, she managed to overcome this weakness somewhat by strengthening her speed and agility. While she isn't superhuman, she is still fast enough to keep up with foes. Her endurance and stamina have also increased allowing her to fight for much longer periods. Her physical strength also increased allowing her to deal stronger blows to other physically weak opponents. All of these abilities can be enhanced to superhuman levels by using her powers. Ruby shares these physical abilities, although she has a higher tolerance to pain than Amber.
Amber has been trained to fight via hand-to-hand combat. When it comes to her fighting style, she uses the "hit and run" tactic. That being said, she evades her opponent's attacks while waiting for an opening, and once an opening presents itself she strikes hard and fast. She’ll use her powers quite often to help strengthen her blows or increase her dodging ability.
Ruby fights with a different style whenever she’s in control. Unlike Amber, Ruby prefers a more direct approach and tries to overpower her opponent as opposed to weakening them. She will go as far as to use energy blasts at point-blank range ignoring the dangers of doing so.
Amber's power (and, in turn, Ruby’s) as a Gener lies in her ability to manipulate and control the energies within herself as well as around her. With it, she is able to utilize her energy in battle in a variety of ways for both offensive and defensive situations.
While this power appears to be a simple form of power manipulation, the true nature of All-Star lies in how Amber and Ruby recharge and discharge their power. While both personalities share the same traits when not exerting themselves, the true nature is revealed in battle. With Amber, she discharges her power faster than she can recover it granting her more attack power Ruby, while the latter recharges her power faster than she can discharge granting her better defenses. These natures in their power grants them abilities that are exclusive to one personality and can’t be performed by the other. However, they do share common abilities.
· Crimson Blaster: A basic discharge of energy fired from her palms, though she can also discharge from other body parts such as her eyes or feet. The blast can take many forms like streams, orbs, and waves as well as come in many strengths and sizes. Amber and Ruby can amplify these attacks by using specific poses based off the Dragonball series, with Amber using the Kamehameha pose and Ruby using the Final Flash pose.
· Crimson Barrier: A defensive technique where Amber/Ruby uses her energy to create a barrier to either block or reflect incoming attacks. She can create partial or full versions of the barrier depending on the kind of attack as well as alter its shape in a variety of ways, though it generally takes the form of a sphere. She can even use the barrier to release a large amount of energy to repel away attacks. The barrier can also double as an offensive technique to trap her opponents, though this requires more concentration and power to pull off. Amber is more known to use this ability than Ruby due to the latter’s berserk attack methods.
· Power Augmentation: Amber and Ruby can momentarily increase her physical strength or speed by using her power. When doing so she glows with a red aura. She can also concentrate her energy into her fists or feet to increase the power of her blows.
Stages of Release
In addition to their basic abilities, Amber and Ruby are capable of augmenting their powers through what they call “stages of release.” These take the form of transformations that grant them a sharp increase in power with each stage being stronger than the last. Both personalities possess three transformations, with their base form being referred to as Stage 1.
Stage 2: The first of three Stages, Stage 2 increases Amber and Ruby’s power by 50%. This, in turn, grants them a sharp increase in their abilities. The transformation also causes changes in their appearance, which include…
· Their hair getting longer and straighter while having a large bang that hangs in front of the face.
· Their hair and eye color changing from red to orange (Amber) or purple (Ruby)
· Their body becoming slightly more buff and filling
· Their skin tone becoming lighter (Amber)/darker (Ruby)
This form is the most used out of the Stages thanks to its balance of power and energy conversion, and while it doesn’t have any glaring flaws it can cause mild fatigue if overused.
Stage 3: The second Stage of release. By focusing heavily on the concentration of energy at various points in her body, Amber/Ruby can trigger a stunt of growth that increases the size of her entire body to gigantic proportions. The increase in size varies depending on how much energy is focused at those points, with more energy equaling a larger increase. The increase in size comes with massive boost in strength and durability at the cost of speed and agility making this form only viable against opponents where brute force is needed. The transformation also requires Amber/Ruby to grow in small bursts to prevent damaging her body and she can only increase her size to a certain point before she reaches the “limit” her body can handle, although this limit is increased through extensive training. The energy requirement is also huge when growing to large sizes, but the form itself doesn’t require any energy and can be sustained indefinitely. Because the form requires a lot of power to trigger as well as reduces their speed and agility, Amber/Ruby rarely use the form to its fullest.
Stage 4: The third and final stage, Stage 4 completely increases Amber/Ruby’s powers to their limits granting a massive boost in physical capabilities as well as their powers. Much like Stage 2, the transformation causes some changes in their appearance, which include…
· While their hair maintains the same style from Stage 2, the color changes to be snow white for Amber and pitch black for Ruby. Likewise, their eye color follows suit, but in a different way. Amber’s eye color becomes yellow while Ruby gains an inverted color with her sclera becoming black and her iris becoming white. They both also have silted pupils while in this form.
· Their body becomes even more buff and filling than before giving them more of an athletic build.
· Their skin tone also becomes brighter/darker giving them the impression that they are glowing.Unlike the previous stages, Stage 4 has a time limit. However, this time limit is set in that Amber/Ruby can only maintain this form for a maximum of five minutes. Afterwards, the transformation would either dissipate on its own, or forcefully switch control of one persona to another. The form also puts heavy strain on the body making Amber/Ruby experience heavy fatigue if used for long.