- Tasakeru Book II, Chapter 2: 1.25 pages done
- Shattered Skies Chapter 13: 11.25 pages done
- Tasakeru.com upgrade project: On hold
- Magical girl photography project: Pending
Well, this week was... interesting. A lot of ups and downs, to say the least. I got some writing done, no thanks to a few winter blahs setting in. SS Chapter 13 is close to being done, so expect that sometime this week. I'm also planning on going to a small local anime convention this weekend, my first one in a long while. And WonFes is this Sunday in Japan... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for School-Live! Figmas, more Precures, and Figuarts Eternal Sailor Moon.
Hands down, the most exciting event of my week was over on PuellaMagi, DA's largest and oldest Madoka Magica fan group, where I've been an admin since last May. The group's founder announced that she was stepping down. Being that I was the only one who volunteered to take her place, well... I'M IN CHARGE, SUCKERS. I GOT ME A PROMOTION. Seriously, though, this is a huge honor, and I hope I'm up for the challenge!
And now, ladies, gentlemen, and other, it's time for...
- I'm looking at an expensive week coming up. In addition to the anime con, it turns out both Adventures of Mana (the Final Fantasy Adventure remake) and the last two Smash 4 characters release on Thursday. If I must pick one over the other, it's gotta be Mana. I love Smash, and Bayonetta being in the game is all kinds of amazing, but I've been chomping at the bit for AoM ever since it was announced. Come Thursday, I expect my feels to take a beating.
- VDrake and I are making our way through JoJo Part 3, and Stardust Crusaders has indeed been far more ridiculous than anything before it. Ridiculous and awesome. I continue to be amazed at how good the show is at the old saw of "My kung-fu/Stand/jutsu/bankai is stronger than yours, and here's how it works!" So many other shonen shows become a tiresome bore when they get to that point (*cough*Bleach*cough*), but not JoJo... JoJo benefits from being crazy enough to make this kind of nonsense work.
- Go! Princess Precure is really over. I haven't seen the final episode yet, but the final arc has been just as high quality as the rest of the series. Damn am I going to miss these characters, particularly Kirara, Towa, and Yui "STONE-COLD BADASS NORMAL" Nanase. Mahou Tsukai has a hell of a lot to live up to, and I don't envy the cast and crew. I'm still wary of the teddy bear mascot/henshin device, and the fact that they're doing a baby fairy yet again honestly has me worried... but if GoPrin can overcome the odds and defy all my expectations after how sure I was that I'd dislike it, anything's possible.
That's it for me for now. See you next week.