Saw my buddy HannahSealy
do this - honestly I don't think many more of these journal memes have ever spoke to me more as a person than this one. I tell ya, my lexicon of fictional characters I've had a thing for is long and, in frequent cases, weird. I'll fully admit some of my choices in that regard are odd to the point wherein even I don't know why I like 'em that much. But hey, here we go!
- Re-post the rules on your journal as well.
- Name at least 5 characters you have a crush on. Can be childhood crushes as well!
- Be honest
- Tag some people at the end who you think wanna try this
I see your 'at least 5 characters' and I raise you... Twice that. Right here and now, I will go into 10 of my fictional character crushes, past and present! In no particular order... Here they come!
1: Zane from Yu-Gi-Oh GX
- Full disclosure, when I was younger I bloody LOVED that show, and adored Zane to the point of viewing him as an 'imaginary friend' that I would pretend to hang out with.
2: Beelzemon from Digimon Tamers
. Sure he started off horrifically antagonistic but I did enjoy his redemption and the progression of his story.
3: Bai Lai and Carden from Power Rangers Jungle Fury
- Yeah, when I was younger I had a bizarre fascination with and fondness for certain Power Rangers villains and monsters. Exclusively them, never the Rangers themselves. Bai Lai and Carden (especially the latter) were among my favourites... And not the least questionable (you'll see that one later).
4: Prince Soma from Black Butler
- truth be told there are a number of characters from the show that could apply, but I didn't want them to dominate the list so I'll give the others honourable mentions here: Claude, Undertaker, Agni, Finny, Sebastian (who saw that one coming?), Hannah
5: Junko from Storm Hawks
- He's just such a big loveable lump of a guy! He's adorable. This is another spot wherein I'm gonna throw in some honourable mentions, too, lest they take up a good chunk of the list otherwise: Repton, Dark Ace
6: Orm aka Ocean Master from Aquaman
- Not really much to add here. I have a fondness for ocean-based things and an odd draw towards villain characters much of the time, so this guy really fits the bill for me!
7: Mr Finch aka Brother Lassar from Doctor Who (School Reunion)
- Leader of the Krillitanes, this guy was a fantastic villain. I always loved how smooth and cunningly he conducted himself, always seeming in control until the episode's end. A shame he only appeared in that one episode, really.
8: Ichthys from the Voltage Inc otome 'Star-Crossed Myth'
(now found in Love 365: Find Your Story
) - Honourable mentions go to... Pretty much every single guy in that game because hooooooly heck do I love them. I mainly mentioned Ichthys here since he represents Pisces in the game and I'm a Pisces girl myself, and his playful nature was damn adorable. Special mentions to Teorus, Scorpio, Leon, Dui, Huedhaut and Karno.
9: Negan from The Walking Dead
(both tv and comic versions) - This girl likes bad guys a lot, OK? And, come on, in terms of the tv incarnation specifically, he looks damn good when Jeffrey Dean Morgan is portraying him.
10: Wrench from Power Rangers Dino Charge
- You know what I said about Bai Lai and Carden not being my weirdest Power Rangers crushes? Yeah, this guy right here takes the cake. Hell this guy takes the whole damn bakery. Why? Even though I, full disclosure, STILL bloody love him, I would never be able to answer the question of why that is. He's a... Robot, I think? Villain again. I can't even make the point that his voice is appealing because, I kid you not, he sounds like a clinically depressed Barney the Dinosaur. Why do I find this character attractive? Literally no clue why. But I did, and still do. There may or may not be the beginnings of a one-shot sitting in my iPad notes shipping him with a character of mine, I'm that serious. Feel free to laugh.
Many thanks for stopping by to witness the death of my dignity, I appreciate it. I'm gonna tag SaviorKing
for this since I reckon they'd like to do it. You guys can do it if you want! It's been interesting to dive into. I have more fictional character crushes but these were the first 10 to come to mind - hell I could do a separate list of my weird Power Rangers crushes alone.