Random things are very random...
Getting a love confession at Christmas seems romantic, ne?
Well, not in my case.
This Christmas, I got a love confession from a very random guy I just met for less than half an hour in a public transportation when I was on the way to my grams' house.
Well, I promised my aunt to visit my grams' house at Christmas. So, as I promised, I went there. I was supposed to go there at Christmas Eve, but I got stuck by a deadline, so I have to delay it to Christmas. On the dated day, I got up early in the morning to avoid traffic jam in the holiday, so at 7 I was already on my way and hopped in to a public transportation, a mini bus.
There's a guy sitting a row in front of me who was talking quite aloud. At first I thought that he was talking to the guy next to him, but then I realized that he was talking to his cell phone which connected to a headphone with a mic. I thought, what a showy guy, so I tune up my own MP3 player. I was wearing a headphone too, to avoid random people start talking to me; I just hated it when that happened.
I was enjoying my Glee songs in my headphone when the guy in front of me finally stopped talking over the phone and sat quietly. Well, not long before he turned at me and asked for the time, since he said, he didn't have any wristwatch. [See? It was meant to avoid these things happen, but it still happen]
I was thinking, he was just talking over his phone by now; his phone must've had a clock, right? Which cell phone that doesn't? Though I don't get flirted a lot, but I know that was the cheesiest picking line a guy could ever have. The most popular is, Hey, where are you going? And yet, you're sitting in the same bus with the same direction with the other party.
Anyway, I told him the exact time, it was a quarter past seven. He said thanks and turned back. By the time I put on my headphone, he was turning back at me again and asked some random things, I gave him a short answer and put back my headphone, but he kept turning back and asking me things. So I had to put down my headphone and forced myself to listen to whatever gibberish things he wanted to tell me.
This is the exact thing I wanted to avoid. I deliberately put on my headphone, showing that I'm not interested to talk. But he seemed didn't get the message. So I have to endure it. Yes, yes, I'm the polite type who just can't ignore people, especially when they're being polite, annoying, but still polite.
So, we chit-chat for a while, and I let him do the talking, since I don't talk about myself to a strangerwell, not including writing something in my blog like this. Haha... He asked for my cell phone number, and at first I refused to give it to him, but I really can't say no to pushy people. In the end, I surrendered and entered my phone number in his cell phone [and like I guess before, his phone has a clock].
He drop off around less than half an hour later, while I'm still have a long way to my grams' house.
Later in the afternoon, I got a phone call from him, it was around 5 p.m. We talked for a while, and I was quiet most of the time, hinting that I'm not interested. Which he still didn't catch the obvious hint. Though later I talked a little much since I'm cursed with this chatter box mouth. And somewhere in the middle of the conversation, he confessed his love. I was like, "What?"
I asked him what did he like from me? We just met several hours ago, let alone, only less than half an hour. He said that he liked the way I talked, and I'm quite funny [again, cursed me and my joking habit]. Oh, he said I'm cute too.Though I was quite flattered, but I said, I'm very sorry, because I don't date a stranger I just met, and I don't believe in love at first sight either.
I'm well aware of my physique. I'm not someone you can call pretty that you'd fallen in love with me right on the spot, I'm overweight, and my only sexual appeal was my big boobies. XDD I'm too tomboy and I throw dirty jokes too often that my male friends consider me as their male friends, not a girl they wanted to date. Yes, I'm pathetic, but at least I'm not that desperate to accept any random guy to be my boyfriend...
Anyway, I have my reasons not to date him, aside that we just have met.
1. He brags too much. He said that he had his master degree in Germany, which I don't believe, because the level of his education just doesn't suit his manner. I can tell that someone is smart or bright just by listening the way they talk and the content of their conversations. And this one definitely isn't on that Master degree level. Especially not one that graduated from abroad college.
2. He tried to impress me in the field I don't know. He said he had a band, and he's a drummer. He mentioned some names [who was suppose to be famous] he'd been playing with in the same stage. I don't recognize any of it since I don't live in that world. I don't even know the names of each personnel of a very famous Indonesian band group. I love to sing, but I don't really care about the band or the singer. If I love the songs, that just it. I'm not a teenage girl in their puberty that loves oh-I'm-a-band-person-and-can-play-instruments-too.
3. He said he could speak 5 different languages [Indonesian [duh], Malaysian, German, English, and a little French]. But when I talked to him in Englishsince he started it, he just gave me a blank stare. Then he muttered something which I don't get at all [at first, I thought it was just because the noise of the car], but when he said he didn't understand my English, since I talked with American-English, while he used British-English. I said inside my heart, what's the difference with that? Both are still English, they only have different term for some things and different accents, but overall it's just the same. And I'm proudly say thatthough I often make mistakes with my grammarmy English pronunciation is perfect, I don't have weird local accent [aka Indonesian accent], though I'm using American accent, I can imitate British accent quite well too. There is NO WAY that someone who can speak English DON'T understand my English speaking. Then I realized, that he was actually talking in an unknown random language and gave me that excuse to avoid that he actually CAN'T speak English.
4. He said he hated cops, so he and his friends were once beaten one and got jailed for it. I asked him, why did he do that? He said, it's just because he didn't like cops. I don't think beating people up out of nowhere is right, let alone, a police officer. And that, my friend, isn't something someone with high education would do, or bragged on. And he said he only be jailed for a day because one of his uncles with higher rank got him out and he and his subordinates almost tear the police station down to get him out. Too exaggerating? I thought so too.
5. He was once a junkie and an alcoholic, though he got treated and didn't use them anymore. Even if he's cured, I don't think that's a good sign. I never touch drugs [illegal ones, duh, not the medication ones], and rarely drink alcohol, I have low tolerance for it. I don't smoke either. And I don't want my boyfriend-to be has ever used one of those [smokes are tolerable at some points].
6. Now let's talk about look. I don't actually have special criteria for looks. All the guys I've ever liked had a so-so look, I always liked them for their personality, not by their appearances. Now this guy was not that ugly, though I can't say that he's good looking either, but I don't like guys with crappy teeth. And he got one of his teeth rotten and decaying. That is a big no-no.
And look at me, ranting everything this long. Hahahaha... Ok, I'm going to stop here. XDD For the finale, I've finally managed to reject him and said that we'd better be friends. The end.
Anyway, that Christmas is really one of the extraordinary days I've ever had. ^^
Merry belated Christmas and happy holidays, guys!