I believe everyone deserves a great port but unfortunately not everyone has extra money to buy one. Well, let’s do something about it! I’ve created two systems to give away free portraits—one way to get one yourself, one way to gift one to your bestie that really deserves it! (And don’t forget my already published Free Premades!) But if you’re looking for something tailored just for you, read below to learn more.
Want a Portrait but can’t afford one right now? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! I’ve started a “Point System”—accumulate points, get a free portrait! Painless enough, right? Here’s what you get, and how you accumulate points!
3 Points - Non Remap or Remappable Portrait for 1 Character
6 Points - Basic Animated Portrait* or Couple / Conjoined Portrait or 2 Portraits
12 Points - Complex Animated Portrait or 2 Couple / Conjoined Portraits or 4 Portraits
* ”Basic Animated Portrait” means your character is breathing, blinking, and may have up to one other basic and “easy to draw” animation.
When you get a point, you can choose to keep the point yourself or to ‘gift’ the point to a friend. Just note me and let me know!
1. “Refer” someone to me. When the person you referred buys a portrait (or other commission) from me, you get 1 point! (Make sure to let them know that YOU sent them! Otherwise I won’t know. Give me your dA name if possible, not your Furcadia or other game name.)
You can redeem your points when my commissions are open but not when they are closed. You have priority, so if my commissions are closed and you want to cash in, send me a note and I’ll put you at the head of the waitlist!
D E D I C A T I O N
The Wishlist is dedicated to Skadowee and TheMintMink, original owners and creators of The Golden Tether, who showed and taught me kindness, forgiveness and selflessness when I needed it most.
Do you know someone with a stellar character design, but they just don’t have the spare cash to buy port art? Here’s a way to make their day! I will accept, at my discretion, doing free portraits for those awesome people strapped for cash with exceptional characters. If I politely decline, it has nothing to do with your friend “not being good enough” nor to say their character design isn’t “exceptional”! It’s simply that this is a free service, so I want to draw characters that I—in some way—enjoy or would get great practice drawing.
But besides my own “opinion” on what I want to draw, what makes a great candidate for this “Free Port Giveaway”? The following are rules / guidelines in order for your friend to be accepted into the program.
R U L E S / G U I D E L I N E S
1. Your friend currently has no portraits for their character.
2. This is your friend’s main character.
3. Your friend has no more than 1 alt besides their main character, and none of them have more than 1-2 portraits.
4. Your friend has not had the funds to buy art, or characters, for more then 1 month. (Obviously this is next to impossible to prove, so I’m going to take your word on it!)
5. I’ll give extra consideration to those characters that have no artwork of their character at all.
Note: Most importantly, you cannot suggest yourself for the wishlist. Why? Because the point is that a friend—maybe even a stranger—just finds you so darn awesome that they feel the need to surprise you or make your day brighter! So, be extra nice to those around you, and maybe they’ll come and say: “Hey, this awesome person really deserves this!”
To ask for a friend to be put on the Wishlist, note me privately and include:
1. Their RPR (It must have their characters listed as public. If their main isn’t public, send me the link for that character, too.)
2. Tell me why this person is so awesome and deserves a portrait.
3. Start the note with: “Wishlist”
4. Verify, on your good word, that the above ‘guidelines’ are met for your friend!
R U L E S / G U I D E L I N E S
* I have the freedom to decide what the pose and port is going to be. This is a free service to delight people and make their day a little better, but also for me to practice, so I am going to draw things I find fun or need to practice on!
* This is a super-secret-surprise! That’s why everything is done by notes! You get to surprise them and show them the port before it’s posted ^_^
Have others back you up! That’s right, tell other people you’re going to put your friend up for the Wishlist and have them note me on dA to back up your suggestion! The more the merrier!
So what are you waiting for? Start suggesting those superstars that just need an awesome port to showcase their spectacular character!